[EVENT] Sand Sculpture Extravaganza!

Discussion in 'Empire Events' started by Krysyy, May 30, 2018.

1. A surprisingly accurate representation of my IRL height. Good work.

Also, this looks fun. Might try to slap something together at the last minute in furious panic.
    khixan and MoreMoople like this.
  2. Chalange exepted.

EDIT: one question: does it need to look like it is something, or can it just be a good-looking composition of shapes?
    Maybe better said, what is your oppinoin on paintings like this?

(This one, compositoin no. II by Mondriaan actually is one of my favourite paintings of all time...)
  3. That's what I wanted to ask clarification on also. I think it's one or the other, as that's what it says, and it makes sense. However, some people might misinterpret it anyway, and thus I think it should be stated more explicitly.
    SSRCcorp likes this.
  4. 1. Build it in a singleplayer world.
    2. Find your .minecraft folder in AppData on Windows. For a tutorial on Mac, PM me.
    3. Go into the saves folder.
    4. Select the world you built it on out of the list.
    5. Copy-paste it into somewhere you'll remember, e.g., your Documents folder.
    6. Compress that into a .zip file.
    7. Go to http://mediafire.com and sign up for an account and whatever. Or, alternatively, if you have your own website, you can upload it there.
    8. Once you're logged in, press the U button. Then click "add files" and select the .zip file you want to upload.
    9. Press the button on the right of your file that looks like a chain.
    10. Paste that link into the form or wherever Krysyy requests it.
    q1zx, khixan and SSRCcorp like this.
  5. Both is allowed.
    khixan and SSRCcorp like this.
  6. There will be a section of the submission form to say what it is you tried to make. Explain your 'sculpture' design there.
  7. Interesting! :)

From what side will you be looking at the creation (side/diagonally/top/whatever the participant requests) or will you fly/walk around?
    607 likes this.
  8. Oh. I think that's quite a significant detail. I think you should edit the OP to include this.
  9. Ill give it a shot
  10. I'm pretty sure she did?

"Blocks allowed: Sand or Red Sand"
  11. if im on in time ill try but i suck with sand sooo
  12. Yes. Or. Not and/or.
  13. Fly around/walk around. Special instructions for view will be allowed/specified in the submission form.

Textures will be DEFAULT Minecraft 1.12 for all submissions.
    TomvanWijnen and 607 like this.
  14. This will be awesome! I haven't been very active on Empire recently, but this may be the thing that I can do to get back to it!
    MoreMoople and The_Mancub like this.
  15. If I wanted to be part of two groups, could I do that?
  16. No
    purplebook163 likes this.
  17. Can we use water? Or is that considered a material and part of the nothing but sand rule? How about paths? Light sources?
    xGGirlx likes this.
  18. I've been wondering all that as well.
  19. Light sources are not allowed, all builds will be judged with daylight (unless specified otherwise) - I asked her in a PM

As for other blocks, I'm pretty sure is a no aswell.
    purplebook163, MoreMoople and xGGirlx like this.