[EVENT] President for a Day!

Discussion in 'Empire Events' started by Krysyy, Feb 15, 2019.

1. Are staff voting in this election? Just curious if they are allowed to participate as well
    607 and Windylava like this.
  2. I am not sure I am guessing maybe?
  3. Disappointing those who give ideas and cannot be listened to is not a viable strategy. Vote for jewel_king, because he will never let you down! He truly knows what the people want in their hearts!
  4. I'm a bit confused what this means
    607 likes this.
  5. A side effect of asking for ideas when you do not have the power to grant all of those things is mass disappointment, and that is all that is likely to come from asking such a diverse community for their ideas, when only one promo can be created.
    jacob5089 and JesusPower2 like this.
  6. Reasons to vote for WindyLava:

He's running to make a difference, not a promo.

In the 7 years he's been a part of EMC, he has done nothing but support the community.

SSRC Corp is very involved within the community. From loans, to a stocked mall with good price all the way to straight up funding other players projects, SSRC Corp has never let me down.

WindyLava has shown me that he is one of the community not one above. His biggest seller for me was more community involvement. More community votes for changes to the Empire, and more player held events are something I cannot pass up.

VOTE FOR KYLE
  7. That's a fair description of representation. IMO, you would have a greater impact if you focused on the qualities of leadership. (Inspiration, encouragement, etc.) Regardless of the outcome of this election, I think you should study leadership because I can see you doing very well with it.
  8. So I appreciate all the support the candidates are getting, and I wish nothing but the best for them, but there is this feeling inside that supporters are unaware that it is for a DAY. Literally it's just a party and the ability to make your own promo. That's it. I'm not ranting, just pointing it out
    OhMiku, Windylava and jacob5089 like this.
  9. I would disagree and argue that an important skill in leadership is making tough choices when fully informed. Not asking for suggestions is setting yourself up for disappointment because it's impossible to make an informed decision without being first informed. :)
    That's all I'm doing, making sure that I am informed to the best of my ability to make the most amount of people happy. I care about the community and their input matters to me <3
    ConductorConduit and JesusPower2 like this.
  10. The irony between EMC politics and American politics... There is none ;)
  11. Gonna be honest, day 2 of the campaign I saw 5 different rivalries happen due to biased opinion and it wasn't even lunch time yet
    jacob5089 and Windylava like this.
  12. Hey the big thing is Windylava is a much bigger economy figure when jewel_king is a big promo figure and i think the emc economy needs some help so thats why i am voting for Windylava!
    Windylava likes this.
  13. Much respect to both candidates!!!
    Personally my vote is going to WindyLava!
    I strongly believe in his message and his idea of what EMC should be, and hes been here longer and has much more experience honestly.
    Windylava likes this.
  14. I have literally never seen you here before XD
    607 likes this.
  15. Also wanted to say Windylava cares about the economy so much that he is for free building me a MASSIVE mall on smp2 to help us better the economy
    Windylava likes this.
  16. Thank you belac555, but you really didn't have to mention it. I'm not doing it for publicity but to help <3
  17. I lurk the forums and talk on the discord ;)
  18. We are allowed to vote. Speaking for myself, I will not reveal who I voted for (or if I chose to abstain from voting) as I think everyone should make their own choice and not be swayed by influencers.
  19. Don't be so realistic. :|
    Gaming_Comander likes this.
  20. That's great to hear :) It would be a bummer if you guys weren't allowed to participate
    Windylava and 607 like this.