[EVENT] Patriot Day Ceremony

Discussion in 'Empire Events' started by Krysyy, Sep 11, 2018.

1. Patriot Day Ceremony Today!

7 pm EMC time
    /v memorial on smp4

Please note: This is not an event where prizes are given. This is a ceremony to take time and remember/honor those who lost their lives on the day of the September 11th attacks 17 years ago. Any disrespect while at the ceremony will result in prompt removal from the event/server for the duration of the ceremony.

We hope to see you there.
    Elite, srhoel, Roslyn and 16 others like this.
  2. Seems like a lifetime ago. Sad day it was.
  3. On the same wavelength, I'm an adult now and wasn't even 2 years old when it happened. Don't remember a thing about it.
  4. ...
    Why?
    Why do we war? 2,000 people died.
    2,000 led to wars.
    Pointless wars, sparking an age of madness within the region.
    Where did we go so wrong?
    Violence only created violence. Why?
  5. Was home that day. It didn't seem real. I thought there was a movie on TV. It became very real.
    Elite and Otus_NigRum like this.
  6. Wasn't even alive when this happened, but it's very sad, and I am thankful that EMC respects the fallen and takes the time to put up a respectful ceremony.
    Elite likes this.
  7. Wasn't alive when this happened, but my family was and it was terrible for them. It is a very sad day indeed and I am glad that Empire Minecraft will be hosting this "event" to remember the event and those who were lost. I will try my best to attend the ceremony, but there are no promises.
  8. I remember my mother showing the images. At the time, I didn't understand how serious it was, and didn't even beleve she was serious. I simpely couldn't beleve something like that happened.

It's good to see it is still remembered. The past is our main source of information.
    Elite, 607 and Otus_NigRum like this.
  9. i remember the pictures and the family members that were lost and never found it was a very sad day and lets honor the fallen today in peace
  10. RIP all of the heroes out there who gave their lives on 9/11/01. I dont remember it at all but I was 3 1/2 years old. Such a messed up thing. #Neverforget
  11. I'm no person to judge but I beleive that the photo here shouldn't be used to "Celebrate Patriots day". Sure the towers fell but most importantly the first responders and everyone who stepped up to try to save as many as they could... But what do I know.
    FadedMartian and Otus_NigRum like this.
  12. I didn't use the word celebrate in any part of the post. This is not a celebration. It's a ceremony to remember and honor the past. This picture is a part of that past.
    Elite, Alaenia and Otus_NigRum like this.
  13. There were quotations for a reason and I know it's the past. This day is commemorating the hero's, not the tower itself. This will be my last post on the matter
    FadedMartian and Otus_NigRum like this.
  14. I should be able to attend this event when it starts and hopefully be able to stick around for awhile. :3 I just got a really cool idea, if your willing to allow it at the event. What if players were allowed to bring their solid black horses to the event? One thing I looked up and found interesting is that Friesians (a beautiful solid black large horse) are brought to funerals as somewhat of a formality. Just thought it would be something cool.
    Elite and Starsphere like this.
  15. Although the terrible actions of those who were responsible for this horrific day in history left peoples lives broken and shattered, I think what I love most about remembering 9/11/01 is seeing how people can come together in desperate times of need to aid one another. To be friends, just to help. That's real! Why does it take a major loss, a deadly storm, or a terrorist attack for people to come together. Bottom line is - it shouldn't.

I was just a kid of no older than 5 years old when this came to pass. To tell you all the truth at that age I didn't know much better. My brother, and parents were sad ofc, I was too just not as deeply. Perhaps it was because being a youngin you don't really understand the beautiful preciousness of life nor how limited it already is without people killing each other or losing the fight to cancer.

So a couple years passed, we all had decided to pack and drive up to New York city for me. For the most part the trip itself was unrelated to this post except for what I'll share with you all. We visited the location where the towers once stood. It was completely bordered off with chain link fence, and on that fence lined all the pictures and notes people left hanging for lost loved ones. It was covered. Back behind it lay just a huge hole in the ground still being cleaned out while nearby buildings were being repaired. And the atmosphere or general feeling when I was there, was unlike anything I've ever felt since. It felt like you could feel the sadness, or sense it.

To this day and each one after, I still cannot understand how a person can do that. But I know without a shadow of doubt only god has the power to judge. You never know when your time is up. May they all rest in peace.

Remembering the fallen - Tuesday September 11, 2018
  16. Aww would love to go but I have to go to meet the teacher night :\
    Elite likes this.
  17. Would love to attend if it weren't in the middle of the night here in Sweden. <3
    I will honor the people who lost their life, here instead.
    Nickblockmaster and Elite like this.
  18. That's what violence does.

Besides giving a moment of thought and honor to all who suffered, for me it is also a moment for a thought about that time of truth, the time when I, and I guess most of the people worldwide, were forced to adjust our understanding of the world we live in. It's sad, but there is also hope that the suffering is not in vain.
  19. I was a child when this happened, and as it was being broad cased on the news, me and my brother were really upset because we couldn't find our cartoons on the ABC channel because news headlines had taken over the tv.

A truly scary and tragic day this was...
  20. I guess I'm a good bit older than many who have posted on here. I vividly recall first finding out : a Tuesday morning, freshman year of college. Now that I think of it, that would have been just the second week of the semester. I just had two early classes that day, and I heard just before my second class about the first plane crash. I went home and turned on the news for probably the first time in my life. I watched the coverage as each tower came down. I remember waiting and wondering if more buildings would fall. I watched the news almost constantly for the next two weeks. It sucked me in and only left me with more questions and uncertainty.

This event was part of my transition into adulthood. I knew the world well before 9/11, and I've known it since. I've seen what has changed. I've seen what has stayed the same. I saw people in our nation come together briefly for a moment in history, but I'm sad to see how contentious we are today.
    607 likes this.