[EVENT] Grabfest April 14th 2014

Discussion in 'Empire Events' started by BigDavie, Apr 13, 2014.

1. I put it on Wiki a while ago... :cool:
    607 likes this.
  2. And from the time that full server problems were brought to me, I worked to try and get the slots raised, but the chat problems I mentioned meant the messages didn't get through until too late.
  3. You mean to tell me you wouldn't plan on opening more slots til last minute when error could occur?
    SoulPunisher likes this.
  4. These guys are right, it really shouldn't of happened. You should have been expecting a lot of players and plans should have been put into place to raise slots. Even if the event had to be postponed for a couple of minutes while everyone had chance to get in, I don't think it would have effected the event by much.
  5. yeah I couldnt get on until too late
  6. I'm pretty disappointed I missed the event because of not enough slots, but let's make sure to not get angry guys. Again, this was free stuff that none of us have a "right" to get. It's sad and disappointing that there were problems and a lot of people couldn't get on, but let's still be thankful and appreciative that Davie still gave away free stuff to those that made it.
  7. maybe i got something wrong. i was there at the announced time, but there was mob arena. it was said 2 hours after that there will be grabfest. so i was there after 2 hours again and it was over ;)

i don't care much, cause it's just a game - so no harm done ^^.
  8. Please stop complaining guys. If you didn't get in, in time it's not the staffs fault. You should have really thought ahead like I did. I logged about an hour before it started when the slots were free then ran around/afk'ed for a few mins at a time until it started. After all as some member have already said it was free stuff and we had no right to it, it was stuff Davie kindly decided to give away in the manner of a Grab-Fest so please guys don't get mad if you didn't get in or get anything. :) to be honest I got nothing for there were so many people but a friend gave me something so I was alright with that and was just thankful for the event that was held :)

So please guys keep the posts positive not negative :D

Gadget Out
    Defluxer and hashhog3000 like this.
  9. This seems just like a ton of ranting. Well, I'd like to give a massive thank you to Bigdavie and all others who made this possible.
    I didn't get anything during the Grabfest. I even had a valuable head glitch out of my inventory due to lag or something. And then after this event, some kind, caring player sends me a Vault Voucher by mail. I won't say thier name. I would have been happy without the voucher, would have accepted that I didn't get anything after a minute or two, but this player went the extra mile. Simply amazing. I would like to say that this is the kind of reason I am in EMC. Having fun at events, meeting amazing people like the one who sent me the voucher. But I am NOT here to listen to people rant. If you have a problem with the slots, we've heard you. If you have some constructive critisism, great, but be nice about it. If we want more events like this, we just have to accept that we didn't get items and move on. Remember, if you had fun, it wasn't a waste of time.
    That's my two cents. Thank you so much, Bigdavie!
    FDNY21, Defluxer and ninjaboy5656 like this.
  10. Sorry to anyone who couldn't join. I was sure I had raised the number of slots over 2 hours earlier. It was on my list of thing to do in preparation for the grabfest. I think I may have mistyped the command.
    RainbowChin passed on the issue several times to me but since chat was flowing extremely quickly I never saw any of them. I was a little flustered trying to get the pre-filled chests moved into place as WorldEdit decided that it was not going to play ball. I only just got the last one placed seconds before my 10pm alarm sounded.

For those who did get in I hope you enjoyed yourselves.
    xothis_dwarf, hashhog3000 and FDNY21 like this.
  11. Do not complain about there not being slots. Some people got crap with the 40 something people that were there. Would you like even more people to complain about not getting stuff?

Actually, it is partly your fault for not showing up early. You know that there is almost always a full server for these kinds of events, why wait?
    hashhog3000 and SDOliveira like this.
  12. While I was not able to be present due to real life obligations, thank you for hosting this BigDavie!
    SDOliveira and hashhog3000 like this.
  13. That's ok, Bigdavie, I think it's the thought that counts!! Appreciate it!!
  14. Well don't be so harsh on people who are complaining and showing up early. I hope you realize not everyone could have made it early.
    Anyways, the event's over and that's life.
    Thanks to BigDavie for hosting the event! Hopefully it was still a fun event :)
    sonicol1, cddm95ace and Jake_bagby like this.
  15. Some People were not on in time to be on early. I got home 15 minutes before it started and tried and tried and tried. But its a game. So I figured I would move on... Anyway... Cant wait for the next one. Although I recommend Saturday because even less people would be busy.
  16. I'm so happy that I couldn't come now :p
    ScarTheNinja likes this.
  17. I didn't want to come.. :p