/end

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by _REMOVED_87055, Mar 30, 2015.

?

Will this be a good idea?

+1 8 vote(s) 18.6%
-1 35 vote(s) 81.4%
  1. Another point is that the end is small. Once it's gone, it is gone. While the Nether and Overworld expand to the limitations of Java, the end will not.
    607, ShelLuser and FDNY21 like this.
  2. Actually that's not the case, they work.

I can't speak for the wastelands but I just tried a few in SMP5's Frontier (where I know the location of an End portal) and for sure; it clearly shows the way. I started in the opposite direction, used 3 Eyes and it quickly got me on track.

Going to try the wastelands next, but figured that Frontier is more on topic considering that both worlds are non-resetting.
  3. I haven't tried in a while. It was broken at one point.
    607 and ShelLuser like this.
  4. Phew, for a moment I thought bro_im_infinite was leaving :p
    I agree with ShelLuser.
    f_Builder_s and ShelLuser like this.
  5. Haha :)
  6. There is a reason why they don't add this. There has been several threads about this, but they make u have to find it so you don't get people swarming into the end. They don't want to have a /end. The have wild and nether as they are used more. Try scrolling through the suggestion thread u will find many resources for not having a command.

Sent from Samsung Mobile phone.
    ShelLuser, f_Builder_s and 607 like this.
  7. I have a feeling /end would be a bit OP...
  8. Nether portals are easily accessible. Look at that, a /nether command!
    Understandable
    I believe that Krysyy has stated that she can reset parts of the end if needed.
    Gawadrolt, f_Builder_s and ShelLuser like this.
  9. That's correct, but all portals (Frontier and Waste) link up to the same End.
    f_Builder_s, ShelLuser and FDNY21 like this.
  10. I thought that was the case :)
    f_Builder_s likes this.
  11. Doing this would destroy the enderman farms' only protection from lazy griefers.
  12. If you add for every challenge some easy command, why would you then still play minecraft if there's nothing to challenge ? I say -1
    Gawadrolt and f_Builder_s like this.
  13. Because the end is in another dimension, I think it would cost some lag on the server. I just think /end might be too much for the server. But good suggestion.
    f_Builder_s likes this.
  14. Wait wait - all this useful info about the end gets buried in this thread !! I was actually in the believe that i had joined a survival server - which includes the search of the end and of course battling the dragon. Just reading these posts makes me realize now that i was in the wrong believe and i will never be able to fight the dragon at all??
    ShelLuser and f_Builder_s like this.
  15. All the enderdragons have been killed... but when the dragon tombs are added you will be able to kill the dragon once more
    ShelLuser and 607 like this.
  16. Yeah, as it is right now, we've got to keep the end on the DL as it doesn't reset.

Maybe if we're real lucky they will add a waste end... I feel so guilty taking end stone... but man my woodshop water looks great with it at bottom :)
    ShelLuser, 607 and f_Builder_s like this.
  17. /sadface Just coming back from the wiki - i completely missed that part as it wasnt explicitly listed on the pages that lists the differences between vanilla and empire. That would actually change my vote to a yes now - if there are no dragons left why not allow easy access via a command as the original challenge about it is gone by now.
    Gawadrolt, ShelLuser and f_Builder_s like this.
  18. I like the idea of the /end but i have to disagree.
    The Reasons why is
    1. Because someone/group went to the wild/waste to find the end portal and it could of been a waste of time if the /end command was added.
    2. If there was a command many more people will come. Yes there is a easy walk to smp9,7 etc but loads still don't know where the portal is and the end is getting griefed a lot still.
    3. Also it would of wasting my time of building the bridge to the end on smp9 :p So i think it would be funner if it wasn't added.
    ShelLuser and 607 like this.
  19. Good point, I just added it to my todo list and will look into that tomorrow (the last thing I should be doing at the time of writing is editing wiki pages).

Edit: So in the mean time I did. The abundance of the Enderdragon is already mentioned in the wiki; the page on The End has this. As to the page about technical changes from vanilla; this topic isn't appropriate there because, basically, the situation is exactly the same in vanilla. If someone (most likely yourself) kills the dragon then its gone and won't respawn.
    607 likes this.
  20. I believe smp7 does not have a portal in the Wild
    FDNY21 likes this.