/end

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by _REMOVED_87055, Mar 30, 2015.

?

Will this be a good idea?

+1 8 vote(s) 18.6%
-1 35 vote(s) 81.4%
  1. Well... these are a few things planned for the end in 1.9 so far:

Iron bars surround ender crystals on the pillar
    Dragon will breathe purple particles (similar to the ones you see floating on the ender chest)
    The dragon will respawn after it's been killed when you rejoin the area - instead of having to completely reset the end.
    607 likes this.
  2. no thx, i spend alot of time up keeping my enderman farm, a bunch of noobs running amok because there is a command is only going to complicate things. also theres really no reason to go to the end, its usually about 800 blocks from spawn and the only resource there is endstone. i regularly use the end and would not like this command.
    607 and Dwight5273 like this.
    • "The Combat Update" or something like that.
    • The Dragon will only respawn once.
    607 likes this.
  3. Regarding the op, I feel as though it would be better to go ahead and add a command and make a custom spawn within each end.

So many times I try to go to the end on particular servers, only to have the path to get there completely decimated, or obscured, by individuals that can't read the frontier rules. (aka - don't grief)

That exemplification extends to the end spawn as well - having the spawn completely caged in or torn apart, only to have it say "don't grief" ...yet, if you don't "technically" grief, then you'll fall to your death and die because of the amass of holes....

I would rather there be a set spawn that can't be destroyed and an easier way to get to the end (a town portal) than to have to go in the wild and risk dying.
  4. 607 likes this.
  5. This can be seen in either light, really. The new Ender Dragon will have to spawn, so people can have the newer challenge. There's no saying there's a limit or set amount, there's also no saying there will only be one. I feel like there will likely be something you can edit for your worlds that will allow you to turn on/off the End Dragon, and turn on/off the ability for it to respawn.
    WCG_Elite likes this.
  6. My guess: you'll be able to summon it using a dragon egg or other item. Kind of like the Wither, you can fight it as often as you want, but he doesn't (re)spawn automatically.
    ShelLuser and WCG_Elite like this.
  7. Seriously - thats 1.9 and we are not even at 1.8 on this server. This is beyond speculation then and probably highly irrelevant for us for quite some time.
    bitemenow15 and 607 like this.
  8. There's no harm in a discussion though.
    jkjkjk182, ShelLuser and 607 like this.
  9. While shel confirmed that they work in the wild I can promise it works in the waste, that's how "I" found both portals after reset on smp7.
    ShelLuser likes this.
  10. Of course not - but its outside of the OP's scope - thus thread-highjacking ;)
  11. It's relevant to the end on EMC which is exactly what the OP is :D
    PenguinDJ, jkjkjk182 and ShelLuser like this.
  12. The OP ('original post' in case we have a misunderstanding) is about having a command to reach the end - not what will happen to the end in future versions etc. Its great input and probably worth its own thread - dont you think?
  13. That's fine if you want to make another thread. command to the end will have repercussions not only now but in the future as well and what is to come of the end will be effected by whether or not there is an end command, which I'm pretty sure isn't going to happen anyways so any chatter in this thread is more than likely banter at any rate. To say that talking about the end is outside the scope of a thread talking about the end and then leading that it could be considered thread hijacking is a bit farfetched. however going on about unwritten rules of the forums could definitely be thread hijacking :p
    ShelLuser likes this.