Empire Wild Policy - How to Register an Outpost

Discussion in 'Frontier and Player Outposts' started by Aikar, Dec 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. You can use a program like Rei's minimap to figure it out by setting waypoints. Or you can ask the mods to check. Rei's isn't working for me right now so I've been using Live Map for approximate coordinates when I need them.

If you are inclined, there are calculators you can use like this one:
    http://easycalculation.com/analytical/distance.php

Use your x and z coordinates from either Live Map or from your Debug display to replace the x and y coordinates in the calculator fields then click the button to calculate the distance between them.
    dresden72 likes this.
  2. You can calculate as above; alternatively use the live map for your server and if it is outside one of the original Black circles, than you are good to go.
    Pab10S likes this.
  3. Sooo there won't be a 1.7 map reset for the wild? I feel stupid for suggesting it considering how salty the last reset me. However, with Empires, DT, and 1.7 it seems like the perfect time...
  4. Nope, it never will be, only waste
    607 and chickeneer like this.
  5. As Rainbowchin has mentioned. (just staff confirmation) We will NEVER reset the frontier Wild/Nether. Although Wasteland Wild/Nether Will be reset for 1.7
    R0bbieJo and cadgamer101 like this.
  6. not sure if someone asked this but what if the base has several spots, chained together across the nether also?
    hashhog3000, 607 and cadgamer101 like this.
  7. So am I understanding that this is basically factions with a twist of Aikar... best way to get it into my head... lol
    Gap542 and hashhog3000 like this.
  8. I recommend establishing those locations with a locked chest, how the land claiming will work for those will be handled later :)
    hashhog3000 likes this.
  9. EMC's wild is starting to souls like factions lol
  10. I got an establishment in the wilderness frontier that's about 2,500 blocks away from an outpost and another one in the nether that's about 450 blocks away. Because there are both under the recommended distance, does this mean that the staff is gonna punish me for building them, and request me to tear them down? If yes, then I have just wasted over 4 months of work on this server.:eek:
    607 likes this.
  11. Black circles?? I have only seen the yellow and red squares around the teleport locations...
    I will have to check that out, I threw in the rough coordinates and it said we were 650,000 away... doesn't seem right to me...
    607 likes this.
  12. You are not required to tear anything down. You just won't be included in the this updated policy stated in the Original Post. The same existing rules before this post will continue to apply for you

If you would like. You can PM me coordinates (I won't tell anyone them) and I can tell how far away you are from the nearest outpost.
    dresden72 likes this.
  13. Ok then, but would I still have to tell about my in-game company through another post?:confused:
  14. You may if you like :)
  15. Well factions are more PVP. We still enforce the no PVP rule on EMC and always will.
    607 and hashhog3000 like this.
  16. But its setting up the land/teams/etc.... You know I am not great at all this so I have to use things I can relate too lol
    They can be rulers and kings and set the limits... they just can't kill ya... LOL
    hashhog3000 likes this.
  17. It will be more so Residences + Permanent grouping in future, but the SIZE of the residence will be expandable as your Empire grows.

Then youll have an always there Empire Chat.

As for -move - that is still up to debate on that being allowed in wild.
  18. Top feature! Looking forward to see it coming into action.

How are you calculating the distances from the spawns? Wrem is at roughly 13400 , -4850 at its closest point, working out at around 5500 blocks away from the spawn as calculated using pythagoras' theorem. Will we be counted for these features?
    hashhog3000 likes this.
  19. We're not 5000 blocks from the east outpost though :/
  20. I come up with 5923 using those coordinates and 10000,0.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.