Empire Wild Policy - How to Register an Outpost

Discussion in 'Frontier and Player Outposts' started by Aikar, Dec 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pretty much me IRL
  2. For which one the nearest city or nearest portal?
  3. As said above, the distance for the real Empires implementation may be less.

Right now were trying to get a baseline policy in place thatll help cover most cases.

It's better to decide to lower the requirement than find out we made it too low... IT's about finding the just right distance so we can avoid the frontier feeling too cramped.
    mba2012 likes this.
  4. Just before I am completely sold on this, would the 3k away rule apply to non "empire" camps? If so, that already fixes a problem I have.
  5. I'ma bit confused, does this policy cover all outposts and wild bases? And is this in effect now, if not, when will it?
  6. Humf to bad my base is only 3k out, I guess I'll destroy it and move it farther out.:oops:

I supposed it's a good thing i've been kinda slacking off with building it, hopefully nether forts wont brake permanently and ill just move to where the portal at my nether base is.

But Im still supper happy to see we are getting that much closer to DT and land claiming!!!
    Three cheers for EMC and the staff :cool:
  7. the wastes primary function is for mining and new block generation however you can still mine if you wish in frontier it is just harder to find things there since so many people have spent countless hours just strip mining certain places. the reason for the distance is so that people dont just go and claim massive chunks around a teleporter build walls or barriers and block anyone elses passage.
    NZScruffy and mba2012 like this.
  8. Basically would just apply to other Empire qualified locations. Someones super secret Zombie grinder 2,000 blocks away shouldn't be an issue.
    It is being placed in effect now. The transition into this policy might be a bit rough, but rewarding in the long run. Goal of course that you will be able to protect that area after DT are released and wild claiming is implemented.
    mba2012 likes this.
  9. So, what happens if we build a big community outpost such as the LLO over 5k from spawn. Would a single person be able to suddenly come along and claim all of the outpost, and lock everyone out?
  10. I don't think the staff are stupid to let someone get away with that.
    IcecreamCow likes this.
  11. I know that, but I am wanting to make sure.
  12. If you follow the instructions in the Original post, No. If you establish this base and before you claim it. Someone else does. They could potentially be banned for griefing via claiming. (Would be handled case by case of course).
    mba2012 likes this.
  13. You so know you did this.
    EMC.png
    *casually closes out of browser's HTML element editor* ;)
    mba2012 likes this.
  14. Excuse me for being possibly dense...but if you say a statement that doesn't make sense, you have to explain what you mean.
    WookieCry, cddm95ace, mba2012 and 2 others like this.
  15. there are many contingencies to prevent this sort of thing most of which are contained within the original instructions for "empires" im sure the llo has plenty of routine members who would notice that sort of thing and provide us with the truth. there is also ample locked chests there likely predating any kind of takeover as well as its own forum thread. so in that particular case it would be impossible to claim the area. some smaller better hidden wildbases are more varied and again the instructions in the op would protect them as well.
    mba2012 likes this.
  16. Density = Mass / Volume...
    If IcecreamCow is dense, then he must have a high mass and a low volume... *looks at pistons pushing ordinary cows in suits with sunglasses in each other* ;)

I love how almost every post on this thread isn't even related to the OP. But, then again, which thread does?
    jkjkjk182 and IcecreamCow like this.
  17. Actually Density is equal to Mass * Volume.
    jkjkjk182, mba2012 and bitemenow15 like this.
  18. mba2012 and 5chris100 like this.
  19. Gap542 and mba2012 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.