Empire Tokens Released! [Dragon Tombs 2/4]

Discussion in 'Empire Updates' started by Aikar, May 10, 2014.

1. That was answered in the Q/A :)
  2. :/ are enraged spawns turned down? ive seen a total of 2 while looking for them running around in 8 nights and im on 7 difficulty atm :( should i go to 10 to find them?
  3. also, if marlix shoots his dumb self on the last blow you get no tokens and no loot even if you just spent 15 minutes hitting him with a sword on difficulty 7 :/
    so i just totally wastes my god armor and gold apples :/
    so mad
    glad i wasnt on 10
    these 3 bones and 14 arrows are all i got from that fight and i did all the damage

4. But if he shot himself, you didn't do all the damage
  5. apparently (from a mod) marlix is broken and will not drop loot or give out tokens. because the game is reading him as a normal skelly
    607 likes this.
  6. Don't forget to add those commas to the rupee and token balance Aikar :)
  7. Sponge Cake?
  8. Brief question...
    How will land claiming work?
  9. Reading the "Empire of the Future" thread, it looks like credits will be more used for supporter perks and earn-able for voting type things. Forgot that there was going to be a third currency as well.

I read the Q/A and assume you're referencing this part:

Q: What if I do not want to fight the Custom Mobs
    A: We are sorry, but you will be opting out of many Empire Minecraft features if you choose to not fight these monsters. However! We are now able to have Tokens as a reward for official Staff Events now! So winning a "Fair" Mob Arena could result in Token Gain too. The Tokens system is meant to be a general framework, and we will now be able to add Token Rewards to anything "Challenging" done on the Empire.

Reading the last sentence again I guess the "being able to add Token Rewards to anything 'Challenging'" answers my question, but the rest of that answer certainly makes it seems like it's killing monsters or loosing out on all the new stuff entirely. Again, I like fighting monsters and am excited about this update, just want to clarify.
  10. Exact same thing happened to me last night
  11. Sweet just got 2,818 tokens for defeating momentus with my fist and no aromor. took 62 spawns, and getting him stuck in a ditch so he couldn't hurt me. I wonder how many tokens a regular enraged monster gives? Who can top that in the first day?
  12. I've noticed that they normally give around 25-75
  13. i can
    607, jkjkjk182 and penfoldex like this.
  14. How many do you have then? If you can top me.
  15. Are "enraged guardians" supposed to give tokens? or not? o-o
    Because I killed a couple of them and didn't get tokens, but it might be because they aren't ment for it, but I don't know.
  16. Enraged creatures in general give them, momentus, and marlix are all that give them. I am pretty sure.
  17. ive killed two marlixes since then and let two fly away now that i know killing them is useless and a whole mess of enraged skellys
  18. 33 for enraged skelly
    40 for enraged zombie
    46 for enraged creeper

based on level 7 difficulty.

5,475 :)
  19. Yes a brief question; with a not so brief answer. lol. Simply the details are not finalized right now, so we don't want to give completely inaccurate information out at this time (so people don't plan around it; then get butt-hurt if we change it before release). More or less, you will find out when we figure it out. hehe

The guardians are not supposed to drop rare loot, and consequently probably not tokens. Yes it is all of the work of regular enraged; but otherwise people could just farm Momentus ;)
    607 and sonicol1 like this.
  20. Guardians are no longer farmable, so no loot or tokens.

As for marlix, will be looking into him tonight.

We will reveal base token values soon as we are settled on what they should be, as it might change.
    sonicol1 likes this.