Empire Minecraft updates to 1.5.1!

Discussion in 'Empire Updates' started by JustinGuy, Mar 23, 2013.

1. IamSaj likes this.
  2. IamSaj likes this.
  3. Dont care. :3
    IamSaj and Equinox_Boss like this.
  4. Alright. :)
    IamSaj likes this.
  5. What do you have to do with the Wastelands? Don't you just have to generate a new map and build a spawn and you're done?

I'm just asking purely out of curiosity.
    IamSaj likes this.
  6. They have to have a system to automatically reset the world when required, making sure that the spawns are added in and protected too. :)

Plus probably some technical stuff that only Aikar understands.
    IamSaj and mba2012 like this.
  7. No idea as to how hard that is to implement by oneself so I'll just wait like the rest. I really need to pick my Really Big Index book for Java back up again and figure out how this stuff works, but I was sitting here thinking they'll just reset the world manually.... I guess that would only be good for a single world though.

P.S. Aikar if you come across this message could you tell me how useful the Really Big Index for Java is for an absolute beginner?
    IamSaj likes this.
  8. Reset is as simple as shut down servers, delete folder, start them and run init code lol.

It wont be coded for automatic yet.

Since the world will be fully reset often, we will not be manually placing the spawns into the world and doing the typical steps to setup the wild, as its very time consuming.

I am working on automating placing the spawn, setting up residences, setting flags, etc.

Then, the wastelands will behave a little different.... /waste will teleport you to a random outpost, no longer straight to center.

So there has to be code to handle that. There will be portals at each outpost to go to a specific one if you wish.

We also had to design a spawn... so that took an entire evening :p I finally have something I can say I built for EMC haha....

And if jack hasnt seen it already through his sneaky ways, i'll be surprised.....
    IamSaj, mba2012 and BilboBaggins23 like this.
  9. I'm actually not a book person at all... Never read a single programming book really..

However Max was attempting to learn it before (But sadly shes moved on from it :() and we got her "Teach Yourself Java" by Osborne.

I skimmed through it in the bookstore and it looked like it covered good material. Starts off with the basics and slowly moves in.

The one flaw I have with the book is it does not cover basic logic/control flow really, which is critical to someone who doesnt know programming at all.

So id recommend googling some java logic/control flow tutorials if your not familiar with boolean logic expressions, and stuff like if/else if/else, switch, etc.
    IamSaj likes this.
  10. I don't know what I was thinking with the whole manual resetting thing. Let's just all agree that it's a good thing I'll never take up something like this and I should go to bed. :p
  11. Yeah The Java Tutorial Fourth Edition aka The Really Big Index in book form covers OOP first then it moves onto and I quote "Control Flow Statements."
    IamSaj likes this.
  12. Oh I've seen it, looking very nice indeed.:)
    IamSaj likes this.
  13. a good idiea for the wastelands would be for people to suggest a seed
    IamSaj likes this.
  14. so cool :D
    IamSaj likes this.
  15. I really wish we could generate new seeds and reset the regular wild and nether one last time after wastelands goes in, so we can be rid of the disgusting landscape near the wild spawns once and for all, since future strip mining will be in the waste instead. In the process it would be nice to get some better seeds for some servers.. for example smp8 is like 70% ocean which is pretty lame.
    IamSaj likes this.
  16. what about the huge wild bases that took millions of rupees to make?
    IamSaj and jkjkjk182 like this.
  17. Smp8 has pretty much nothing going for it lol.
    IamSaj likes this.
  18. You hush :I

Also, how's the progression towards the new wastelands coming, like a percentage? (I'm too lazy to read 8 pages of comments, sorry, lol)
    IamSaj likes this.
  19. Lol, i didnt say it was bad:p Im from smp5, and we produce some of the [insert synonym for noob here]iest supporters ever:p
    IamSaj likes this.