Empire Minecraft is still 1.9.4 - 1.10 client is now supported

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by Krysyy, Jun 8, 2016.

1. My theory as to what basically happened:

Mojang: Hooray! After many, many hours of pouring our blood, sweat, and tears into 1.9, it's finally ready! We've worked super duper hard bringing a lot of features to you (including several that you guys asked for a bunch) like a new combat system, a new, more interesting End, and even flight in Survival Mode via the Elytra!
    MC Community: BOOOO WE HATE NEW PVP IT TOTALLY SUCKSSSSSSS BOOOOOO Y'ALL MESSED UP 1.9 PVP IS STINKY BOOOOOOO (also nobody ever asked for flight so shut up about it plz kthxbai)
    Mojang: :(
    MC Community: *Glares*
    Mojang:
    MC Community:
    Mojang:
    MC Community:
    Mojang:
    MC Community: *sassy crickets*
    Mojang: Ok, so all that salt really hurt our feels, so the new plan is to push out a super fast update with stuff nobody can possibly dislike such as cute bears and cool fossils and stuff so that hopefully all these meanies forget about 1.9, mkay? READY SET 1.10!
    ItsMeWolffpack, 607, We3_Nub and 10 others like this.
  2. I didn't say it's a bad update, I just said that I don't believe it's an update I care much for (hey, I'm allowed to have an opinion, right?), letalone, do I believe it deserves the "1.10" numbering.

Usually when the number has gone to the next numeral value in the past, it was with a major update, rather a minor fix or whatnot.
    Hashhog likes this.
  3. I was making a joke about the randomness of the update and the incredibly small number of features in it. I'm not quite sure how I feel myself about the smaller updates; I do wish there would be a greater amount of added content in one sitting, but updates like this make it vastly easier for Aikar to debug and add the update to 1.9. As for whether 1.10 is bad or good, only time will tell for me (though it's looking good based on what I've read).
    607, We3_Nub, Kytula and 1 other person like this.
  4. Oh, my bad, sorry about that.

About the update, I have to agree with you on that account:

The one where you like a large update with a lot of features than rather a small update with hardly anything. (I really liked the 1.8 update a lot, and the 1.9 update as well.) However, what you said is also true, the smaller the updates, the easier it is to update the servers. - - - Quite a grey area, huh?
    We3_Nub likes this.
  5. When I see the headline, I was like "Bruh, I didn't even get to know 1.9.4 that well!"

It hasn't even been a month after EMC has updated to 1.9.4... To the developers, I know it feels like salted wounds. XD
    We3_Nub, IsaacNorman and ChickenDice like this.
  6. I know right?! It has just barely been a week since emc updated to 1.9 (8 days to be exact), how insane... :eek:
    We3_Nub, KindlingFire and IsaacNorman like this.
  7. ehh when there is lighning there is a thunder.
    Mojang lightning that update
    Community thunders it(#rant)
    (this was the worst joke(fail) ever) so...

Anyway, I would had preffered that they actually did the updates that they twitted out... I mean like pushing chest with pistons!, that be awesome... Well, they added a Skeleton V2 and a zombie V2.... ehh that great;)(btw that was irony) so anyway, i would preffer longer updates, but with content, than just some features that took a week to code(And then 4 weeks to take out the obvious bugs)

Aikar dont worry we aint in a rush for this one ;)
    Kytula likes this.
  8. Oh you mean the way Microsoft handles every 2nd version of Windows? Breaks everything, annoys everyone and loses customers? So rushes out another version? Hmmmm.
  9. 1.10 is really buggy shouldn't update till its been out for about 2 or 3 months.
    bitemenow15 likes this.
  10. Is EMC gonna become 1.9/1.10 compatible?
  11. 1.10 added... near nothing
    not gonna lie, I was impressed by 1.5 and 1.7. can't say the same for 1.10

EDIT: If the fact that I said I like 1.5 doesn't prove I like redstone, then I don't know what does.
  12. Guys can we just take a moment to realize that THERE ARE POLAR BEARS!!!!!
  13. Edit: Guys can we just take a moment to realize that THERE ARE ONLY POLAR BEARS!!!!!

Yeah i like em too
  14. But shouldnt there be the OddWalrus or two?
  15. Wow! 1.10?1? Already ? Jeesh Aikar and the team have their work cut out for them :eek:
    Best of luck to ya m8
    We3_Nub likes this.
  16. ugh, I was so hoping 1.9 would give me some birds. then i was like, well there will be 1.10. then I was looking at what was going to be in it like a month ago and there were no birds and I was all like... they just aren't gonna tell anyone until the last minute... and then... nope just the polar bears. 1.10 looks exactly like it did a month ago so I don't know if they "rushed" it or they just went on vacation lol.
    tuqueque likes this.
  17. I'm kinda disappointed. I mean, I expect that the update after 1.9 would be a massive one. I also expect that the next update after the 1.9 update would be "Minecraft 2"... Then 1.10 happened...

Btw, I'm not good at math but... Isn't that 0 doesn't count..? Decimals, anyone? XD
    We3_Nub likes this.
  18. I suppose so that "1.10" should be as "1.1", but in terms of developmental builds, I guess rules are broken? (You got me.) I guess you can point at 1.7.10 and 1.7.1.
    KindlingFire and We3_Nub like this.
  19. Well this was speculated first via a April fools joke when they "released 1.10"

Then immediatly after 1.9 update they confirmed that it was going to be 1.1o and not 2.0
    They stated that their builds arent on a decimal point of view, is just a number line. so...
    KindlingFire and We3_Nub like this.
  20. We now support the 1.10 minecraft client through protocol support.

Server is still 1.9.4.