Empire Minecraft is still 1.8 - 1.9.4 is near!

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by Krysyy, Feb 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. So the last weeks I spent a lot of playing time in a hotel lobby (using my laptop though; perfect for office work and network diagnostics, not too much for gaming) but I can also back up my experiences from sessions on my regular PC and quite frankly... to be very honest I'm not even enjoying 1.9 all that much. I'm actually happy that we're still on 1.8 so far!

Apart from the many annoyances I have with the game (where the changed sounds of the chest and doors is one of them) the game speed is most certainly one of them as well. I've seen creepers seemingly run towards me, and only because my PC apparently couldn't keep up. Even though 1.8 runs without any issues. Heck: even running 1.8 using "share on LAN" runs just fine for me.

Do note that I'm not saying that 1.9 is all bad. The new combat system is something I could get used to I guess and the sounds... Well, nothing which a resource pack can't fix. I wouldn't be surprised if something pops up soon or hasn't already been released.

But yeah.. I know some of you are anxious but there are also some who are quite happy that we're not diving into this head first with all possible trauma's attached. And let me also remind you guys of 1.7 and 1.8. I remember quite well because it was pretty impressive IMO how you could connect to EMC using 1.8 even though it was still on 1.7. But I remember mostly because 1.8 was also horrid in the beginning: massive lag, it simply was unplayable for me! And even though I don't know the exact timespan I do know that it took EMC also quite a while to upgrade, mostly because of the bugs (so I assume).

Patience is a virtue :)
  2. Marlix is having a bad day....
  3. As a previous amateur coder myself, I want to share with fellow players how complex coding is in general. See it as talking a foreign language that specifically works on math, logic, and not so much logic stuff.

On top of that, add in more than 5 years of development made in Minecraft itself. Its really hard to grasp how big of a project Minecrafy is until you actually dive into the code yourself. Every single block is coded by the 100s of lines written by someone. Every mobs, every items... Everything was only nothing before those millions of line of codes came together and evolved together.

Can you grasp the size of it a little more?
    Empire Minecrafy is built on top of many other layers built on top of others and eventually Minecraft itself.

It's mind blowing how big all of this is.
    Unless we all team uo and learn java to help Aikar and his team, it will take the time it takes. It's just the way thebeast is
  4. I never worked in coding but I too a coding class at ITT and yes it can be confusing....Not my least favorite class but it was up there.......Dam robot program I hate you so much XD
    TomvanWijnen likes this.
  5. Finally it's almost time for 1.9 EMC!
    ForeverMaster0 and gladranger7 like this.
  6. Im hoping that you Chin proofed this update for us?
  7. I thought a major bug with Dynmap (Live Map) was holding up release. How is this possible?!
  8. Solution was just found a few days ago. Plus we still got work to do... But it's at least compiled and able to get in game w/ minimal errors thrown.
  9. I tried to put my pants on over my head once. Doesn't work.
    megmewX, SirTah, IronDoesPvp and 11 others like this.
  10. So what is left to fix and work out?
  11. For the people who don't like the 1.9 update, can there be like a compatibility mode to let people from 1.8 clients join? I dint like the dual wielding.
    TBird1128 and ShelLuser like this.
  12. We use to have access to the 1.7.9 server while playing with 1.8. That was a sweet trick
    BlazeTheKid8 and Dr_Chocolate like this.
  13. This is impossible sorry to say it, due to new items in the game; the server must be 1.9 to use/see these items. If you don't like something, don't use it :)
    Vardalaka and ForeverMaster0 like this.
  14. That would not work. If you were on 1.8 all the 1.9 items would not show or work.
    ForeverMaster0 likes this.
  15. New Aikar time estimate? :D
    DH32 and ForeverMaster0 like this.
  16. We can't give an estimate (only to be proven wrong). Was able to get the test server to run for the first time last night, so still need to adapt for the new 1.9 features. And fix broken things like our partying Marlix
  17. Will there be any features added to the 1.9 release as well... such as the Grief Protection.... or any other types....
    ThaKloned, Pab10S and Khalietal like this.
  18. What about players able to push other players is that going to be turned off?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.