Empire Minecraft is still 1.8 - 1.9.4 is near!

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by Krysyy, Feb 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hue hue. Most of the axes have more attack damage then the Swords......*crafts a bunch of axes*....YEAH...*cries because of slow attack speed*.....*crafts a sword*....Hue hue.
  2. *continues to cry because of slow attack speed*

*crafts hoe*

Now we're talking!
  3. Wow, Aikar's actually holding ender crystals! 1.9 shouldn't be much longer now that 1.9.2 has made multiplayer improvements!
    zombrennen likes this.
  4. Lol for real though Penguin
  5. How do I find my locked chests in the world? (Took me a while to remember which server I was even on. :p)

I keep seeing the warnings to remove all valuables to our "homes"... and the only valuables I have left are all in the wild. (Since they removed my home ages ago.)

I have found three of my old locked chests, but I know I had many more. There were four of us that played here, and we all had access to most chests.

Wish this was just an automatic thing. Simply moving locked chests to the appropriate plots which have live owners...
  6. It sadly wouldnt be that simply. Most of these chests are temporarely to start off with, and how would you get those chests back to town? Where would you need to place them again, so that it doesn't mess up your plot or other stuff. Besides, thats not really why we have outposts, to get stuff moved to town.

If you want to set up out of town, I strongly recommend going to /frontier instead of /wastelands, because the frontier doesnt reset.
    Patr1cV likes this.
  7. It's a database of items. Moving them to town is virtual, not physical. Could be a glowing orb that simply acts as a chest showing what contents fit, then once empty, if more, it refills. Once empty and no more pending collections exist, it disappears. (Or in 90 days.)

I built out in the /wild which is the frontier. However, parts of it do reset. The message that keeps displaying is instructing us to remove all valuables from all maps. For the 1.9 upgrade. It needs to generate all new lands. Many blocks have altered ID's and without generating a whole new map, no new minerals will exist to mine. Thus, full system wipe-out, and the notice.

I locked my chests because I have valuable mining tools in many of them, as well as stuff I couldn't carry over and over and over again, on these long journeys. (Thus my other post suggesting a potentially better way to lift some of those burdens, that don't need to exist.)

The funny thing is that the limitations exist because this was intended to be a game. However, we are attempting to be "creators" in "game mode", instead of "gamers" in "game mode"... or instead of being "creators" in "creation mode". It is almost ironic. Like using your toothbrush to clean the toilets, because a scrub-brush is just too much power for one person to wield.

Sadly, there is no real gaming server, because the core game of minecraft actually sucks. Which is why it focuses on creation. Yet, oddly, it forces everyone into default of game-mode, where it tanks in fun. Honestly, it is just an annoyance while you create. Oh fun, I lost all the stuff I spent hours collecting... Lets do it again! Oh fun, aliens are griefing me! Lets keep patching random holes from the block-thief... Oh fun, another useless night cycle of lurking dangers, with no point. Followed by another day cycle of useless calmness while we live underground doing mining-labor and working to mine, to work to mine, to replace stuff we lost while mining...

Or, we could be just creating... Which sounds more fun to me.

I find it odd that the majority seems to like the prior. Oh, wait, they don't... Which is why it is so hard for me to keep people here, or get them to come here and "play", I mean... work... without pay... for hours on end... and no reward... (Except more "find your stuff, or lose it"...)
  8. The only part of the wild that resets is the immediate area around the spawns and in the over a year that I have been here I have yet to notice that happen even once. The frontier doesn't and will not reset. We play on a survival server because its more fun to us. If you want to play on a server where you don't use survival then there is many servers for that.

9. These things are really nice!
  10. I didn't really mean it like that, what I mean is: where do you wan't to place that 'orb'? You cant just spawn them somewhere on a res, because it might get inside redstone stuff, or in the air, and if you would have a set place it would for alot of people just be a waste of space and builds.

Frontier never resets. I have been here for over 4 years now, and there have been enough updates that included new biomes/blocks and stuff. It still is exactly the same. And for the resources, the frontier is not where you are supposed to get your resources, thats the /wastelands, the world that dóes reset for new biomes.

I don't really get what the Minecraft gameplay has to do with transporting items from wild to town though. But if you don't like this way of playing, why don't you go in creative or look for certain servers that are more like the way you like to play?

On a side note, I have to admitt that transport with places far out in the wild can be very time-consuming and boring. I can't wait for Empires to happen, than we can teleport to outposts (if I understood correctly :p)
    Patr1cV, ShelLuser and Gawadrolt like this.
  11. ISAWHIM hasn't been here in quite a while and we DID once have a wilderness reset, back when there was no wastelands. That may be what he is referring to.

For reference:
    The last wilderness reset: March 22, 2012
    Re-Launch of the Wastelands: May 19, 2013
    IamTheNub, ShelLuser, We3_Nub and 3 others like this.
  12. He wasn't a member here at that point:
    http://empireminecraft.com/threads/reset-of-non-town-worlds.5255/
    Reset was March 22nd, he joined April 15th. And for those wondering, this was during the times that you had to join the site prior to being let onto the server.

Edit: ISAWHIM, you seem to want a creative mode server. EMC doesn't support that mode, and we do in fact favor putting tons of work into our builds. Challenges create drive.

I appreciate your enthusiasm for your ideas, but you don't understand how the code works behind MC.
  13. I don't know of any of you noticed this, but:

Akair has actually been reporting bugs to Mojang and they're fixing them through the 1.9.x (1.9.3+) snapshots.

I just find that to be really neat. Akair's works are not only benefitting EMC, but the Minecraft community as a whole. :cool:
  14. the old frontier reset wasn't even done back then because of resources but because the game was buggy and a major terrain update happened, and all of the 'edges' between new and old chunks was super buggy and invisible walls.
    IamTheNub and We3_Nub like this.
  15. 1.9.3 might as well be the Aikar update, many of my changes getting into it, (one mojang did come up with but same logic I had already did, but hopefully they use my version to improve logistics)

Giving up on spigot... I'll just PR to Mojang :p
  16. Lol, I joined about 2 weeks after that wilderness reset probably :p (I got my 4 years about two weeks ago). Anyways, learned something new today :D
    Patr1cV, IamTheNub and We3_Nub like this.
  17. so when exactly is this reset happening??
  18. For wastelands, current plan as of this writing is when we update to 1.9
    IamTheNub and We3_Nub like this.
  19. and that is not yet known?
    gladranger7 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.