Empire has updated to 1.8!

Discussion in 'Empire Updates' started by Aikar, May 5, 2015.

1. Said above going to :) I just wanted to get release out - Anvil and Exp are going to be reviewed and modified accordingly.

So current state is not final.
    Pab10S and AmusedStew like this.
  2. Thank you, thank you very much for this. It had been long since I got goosebumps reading a forum post.
    Byeforeverthe2nd likes this.
  3. This is why I made my doomsday chest just in case :cool:
  4. your both lucky it wasnt a locked chest cause, that would of kept the monument from respawning on rollback :p
  5. Basically my dc of protection IV books may now be worth 1 mil? Heh Heh:D
  6. the repairing mechanics from vanilla make it where those of us who stocked up on god gear are going to make a killing, the third time god gear is repaired it costs 120 levels
    Perry_Stahlsis likes this.
  7. I was referring more to selling items out of shop chests or person to person, although it seems to me that having to screenshot every item will stop people from wanting to do auctions like this at all: http://empireminecraft.com/threads/closed-auction-1-sc-of-random-enchanted-diamond-swords.51640/

What about putting lore on items that have never been used, then allowing us to reset their repair status and lore with a Token(Yuck!) or Rupee cost? You could then automate verification from shop chests and restrict sales to only items that have intact lore. In Auctions and other transactions and people would be able to verify that an item is legitimate visually.
  8. If I am in the Waste and it resets, will I reset too?
    I went through the wrong portal... :( I have no idea where I am, even when I am on the map.
    607 likes this.
  9. Will lag go down?
  10. Hallamaluogah I think :p
  11. The live-map hasn't updated for 1.8 wastes yet.

EDIT: well it looks like the new chunks are overlapping the older maps...
  12. HAHAHAHA YES (EDIT: 132nd haha you fools)
  13. You get sent back to town.
  14. Do Zombie Pigs spawn 1000% more often now? On my nether rail they are ALL over the place. Before it's was maybe 5% of the time. I can't even go 30 blocks without running into them. I thought they couldn't spawn on rails anyways?
  15. Not a fan at all. Can we please just have EMC mechanics back?
    Some of us get quite attached to our stuff.
    MrsWishes and bluebiscuit2007 like this.
  16. Give me time to do a full review of all the mechanics and maybe everything will return to our version.

Main reason i dropped it is because our rename cost was actually higher than Vanilla's lol. And I wasn't sure my anvil changes were bug free so I opted to go to vanilla for now.
    Kephras, GoodnightSmith and jkjkjk182 like this.
  17. Oh and Aikar, some of my items have popped off their item frames and some item frames duplicated as well. 1.8 bug or 1 time 1.8 update bug?
  18. Can you relogin? Someone reported same but when I looked at their inventory it looked like the correct # of things...
    I think its an inventory desync.

I cant answer if its persistent or just a 1 time conversion issue. Hopefully not persistent, since not many reports of it.
  19. No the 4 item frames that that duped the item 'item frame' are still in my inventory lol Those item frames are real now. No items put in item frames were duped but the frames themselves.
  20. 1.8 doors are broke any one can use them.