Empire has updated to 1.8!

Discussion in 'Empire Updates' started by Aikar, May 5, 2015.

1. Yes!! 1.8 is finally here! Thank you so much Aikar (and all other staff)!:D:)
  2. Fantastic news :D I am now off to find an Extreme hills biome so I can stand and stare in wonder at the new Diorite block.......... because it looks so awesome :cool:
    Kephras likes this.
  3. I'm going to guess it has to do with the fact that half the people on smp8 can't listen. Every waste reset we have to wait extra long because people keep running out there while they're trying to reset. Last reset, we had to wait an extra hour because of it.:rolleyes:

Anyway, this update is awesome and I may or may not have collected tons of rabbits already just because they're so freaking cute.
    DubChef and crystaldragon13 like this.
  4. Time to set up a mutton shop!

(I have too many sheep)
    Perry_Stahlsis likes this.
  5. no, literally same thing happened to me lol
  6. Campfire time! :D

7. Heads work :)
    crystaldragon13 and Patr1cV like this.
  8. Player heads are working and some mob heads, but most mob heads still aren't working.
    DubChef likes this.
  9. This is the longest day of school ever... :rolleyes:
  10. What do you mean by "re doing" heads?
  11. Here's my gift everybody.:)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvpdqiROrQg

Life is full of ups and downs. There are challenges to face, from easy to the impossible. Over the past eight months, we, Empire Minecraft, have underestimated ourselves. The staff has fought through one of Minecraft’s most bountiful updates, and the players have been staying until the battle is over. After great patience and work ethic, it’s finally over. As one of the many players to wait, Minecraft 1.8 is the final member of my Rebirthing Trio.

When Mojang first started releasing Minecraft 1.8 snapshots in January 2014, I wasn’t thrilled. Through the rest of my freshman year, they focused on adding commands. But in June, Jeb’s works on ocean monuments started an adrenaline flow for me and it was kept unclogged as more universal content was added. But after going hyper, my mentality inverted to depression. Minecraft 1.8 was released with instability issues, and afterwards Mojang was too busy to releases patches. Furthermore, CraftBukkit was discontinued. With Empire Minecraft’s main source gone, there was little to no hope for EMC to update with Vanilla Minecraft anymore until a similar plugin called Spigot had a 1.8 version in December. Thoughts were turned around by this news, but I wasn’t affected.

As my motivation for Minecraft fell, I began to turn towards other games. These two games were Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Pokémon Omega Ruby. Smash Bros. was everything I was expecting, but Omega Ruby was far more significant to me. I planned hard to make it one of the most memorable experiences in my lifetime. Around 2003-2004, I played the original Pokémon Sapphire for the Gameboy Advance. As one of the first video games I’ve ever played, this factor would contribute to my joy towards the remake title a decade later. I got a sense of my life’s history and how far I’ve come from kindergarten to where I am today. I went from crying and failure to catch Kyogre to bravery and success to catch Groundon.

As the year 2015 was approaching, I had much anticipation for its outcome, including EMC 1.8. However, not everything went to my expectations. My school’s gaming club couldn’t be held in the new learning center. Mojang didn’t keep their promises for releasing Minecraft 1.9 snapshots, month after month. My mother was sick for Easter, and my father lost his job a few weeks afterwards. All of these unexpected events led to a lot of anxiety and worrying. As I’m writing this message, it’s still bothering me to get what I need done right now. The day after May the Fourth, my mental stress was too much for to hold, and I had a burst of tears. I was taken out of the classroom to see a school counselor to help me. After explaining, she said I was thinking about too many things at once and cannot do everything that I was worried about. Her advice became beneficial for me as I got home to spend the rest of the day on specifically homework and not brainstorming/daydreaming about anything irrelevant. This was an overall success. I had recognized that the pressure isn’t external: it’s internal, within my brain. I had developed patterns that should now be altered.
    Over the course of my 2014-15 school year, we, Empire Minecraft, have fought through what was seen as impossible, but now reality. You, developers, had worked through countless lines of code, and us players have stayed till the end. My past eight months weren’t all easy to endure, but the disasters can be reversed and I have already started.
    Akair, -- moderators, -- and the rest of Empire Minecraft staff, -- I open my heart -- and soul to say -- “thank you” -- for updating the Empire Minecraft Survival Multiplayer Servers to Minecraft 1.8!! Your hearts and souls may just be lifted too!

-Byeforeverthe2nd/ForeverMaster

12. I'm sorta having some trouble in the wastes... It would be nice if I could have help :)
  13. http://lmgtfy.com/?q=help

Since you have put no detail into your post, that is the best I can do for you.
    Perry_Stahlsis and Gawadrolt like this.
  14. jkjkjk182 likes this.
  15. Should make it were Admin of res's can change the biom of the res
  16. If we are going to be allowed to sell enchanted items, how will we know whether an item is freshly made, or has been repaired several times and is going to be unrepairable the next time you place it in an Anvil? One is worth more than another, to me at least. The only thing I know of is to try and repair it and at that point you've already bought and used it.
  17. Hm, the anvil penalty is going to severely hurt the enchanted book industry, for there is no longer a reason to make OP items, as you have a limited number of times you can repair it, with each repair becoming more and more tedious (kinda just like real life...)... Personally, i'll just enchant items to level 30, maybe add unbreaking, and use it until it's near-gone. Then i'll maybe use it for pvp, assuming pvp will still be a no-durability loss zone.

Though, on the other hand, those with the money might be willing to repeatedly buy enchanted books to have an unlimited supply of god things, which might cause a great demand in the ench book industry >.> it could go either way.

Edit: the lapis industry is going to boom if we'll forever need to comply with supplying lapis for enchanting tables xD

Second edit: slime blocks dont make such a good trampoline after all... =.=;
    Gawadrolt likes this.
  18. Thank You all involved for such a speedy proccess. To all DEV Team and anyone involved, you ROCK!!!
  19. I got 7 level 30 from 49 levels of Xp. If you ask me that is way too op. I can see enchanted becoming near priceless because I'm able to pump out a dc of enchanted books in a few hours in 1.7... imagine it now...

I also see many blocks that are retrieved from mining becoming more expensive so that people can afford the 39 levels every repair.

1.8 is great but it will ruin the economy... please aikar, look into the enchant cost more.
  20. Hmm, I remember that being a reason I made that change heh.

Goal is to bring back the concept of not being able to infinitely repair...
    I seriously doubt players with a lot of money are going to give up on having 'god items'. It in reality would just give them more stuff to actually spend the rupees on (where as now there isn't much).

So it could be a good thing in general to give more things to spend rupees on, which as you said will boost book markets (since the book end result is now a perishable result)

I will look at adding info to lore if an item has a repair cost on it, and require screenshots of items lore for auctions.
    Maybe we don't need to disallow it, but make it clear to user it has a repair cost so they will bid less.