Empire 1.11.2 Update!

Discussion in 'Empire Updates' started by Aikar, Dec 28, 2016.

1. Heartbroken that I can't go exploring today.:(

All my gear is in my vault: armor, tools, and weapons. No exporing and no pvp :confused:
    EmpireMall, ForeverMaster and BenMA like this.
  2. He kinda needs to sleep, man.
  3. Hope you sleep well and thanks for the hard work. We might gripe but it is appreciated. ;)
    607 likes this.
  4. Yeah, whatever you do please don't overdo it. Because that can only cause nasty side-effects in the longer run and no one would want that. Seriously, players should be able to cope without /vault for a while. Will also help 'm bond a bit more with their home server ;)

Just my 2 cents but I'd say: go to sleep already. For everyone's sake.

Because if you're tired then what's preventing you from overlooking small issues and accidentally making some things worse (not saying you're doing that but... I sure have had my moments :D).

Get some sleep, rest well, relax, hope you'll have a good evening and pick up later!

And thanks a BUNCH for all the effort you put into this. 1.11.2 really is nice playing :)
    607 and Nickblockmaster like this.
  5. You think I dont understand that? I know he needs sleep, we all do. I'm just upset I cant go out and explore because I cant access my gear.
    ForeverMaster and TBirdXmas16 like this.
  6. If you just begin playing then you don't have any gear at all. And I can even top your concerns... I'm a supporter right now, so I can mine on Utopia. Guess what? My favorite gear resides on SMP2, so...

Here's the thing: so what? Every server has some shops (even Utopia) so you could consider purchasing stuff. Or why not simply grab some iron then make armor out of that and lower your difficulty? It'll be harder, but it doesn't have to prevent you from exploring.

Sure, it's an inconvenience and maybe a bit of a drag. But that's also the challenge here: making the best out of it.

My best Blizz kill was last year (2015) on SMP5, in the waste while I was wearing partly iron gear, and used an iron sword. Got nothing good from it, but it was awesome. Because I came into the waste with nothing, and ran out with nice stuff (including some dragon stone fragments). It's really not impossible.
    Ryangoria and ILTG like this.
  7. It just came off as a little inconsiderate that after Aikar posted talking about how he needed to sleep you were complaining about it not going to be fixed until later.

If I wasn't feeling so sick I'd offer to lend you gear, but my stomach has decided it hates me and wants me to die, lol.
    ILTG likes this.
  8. Hope things go well for this Aikar
    ForeverMaster likes this.
  9. I accessed my vault right after we updated and specifically the vault that had all my promo horses in it. Could they possibly be affected?
  10. And some of us kinda need to use our fault, man. Nobody was criticizing Aikar for taking a break before fixing something, someone just asked if we'd get it soon or not.
  11. I'm pretty sure my friend last night said that his promo horses didn't even spawn anymore, no idea if it's a side effect ATM but it might be
  12. Any spawn egg would be currently affected if you opened your vault. Promo lore is intact so those are actually the easiest. We have fixes in place, but we need to prevent more of it happening before we open vaults.

Very likely, but that is fixed I believe. The only issue with spawn eggs that we are trying to fix is their behavior in vault and mail with the conversion.
  13. Mine are all unused anyways and would never be spawned. So if that's the issue, I'm fine :p

Also just curious as to why shulker boxes would never be allowed to be vaulted? Is there a bigger issue besides just moving items around? I was planning to use them to move all my stuff from utopia to smp5.
    ShelLuser likes this.
  14. I don't think you using your vault is more important than aikar sleeping after 24+ hours of being awake, hours of which devoted to bug fixes and work on the Empire. I'm not criticizing people for being annoyed they can't use their vaults. I'm criticizing people for complaining when it's clear it's getting worked on, and complaining about it not being fixed soon when the delay is Aikar living his life.

Like others have suggested, the wastelands just reset. It's not hard to get some new stuff and pretty quickly. Stone pickaxes are very easy and quick to make and if you just use those when mining, you can get plenty of iron ore you can later smelt.

If you vote or even buy from shops, diamonds aren't rare at all.

Just some suggestions.
    Nickblockmaster likes this.
  15. Yah I think not allowing them to be vaulted is ridiculous. That essentially makes them server specific. If you have the money and dedication to fill and entire vault page with shulker boxes, I think you deserve it at that point. And with the price theyre going at, it's gonna be a lot more valuable in the end to buy 54 vault vouchers and get more chests instead of optimizing every individual slot of 1.
  16. Empty ones we're probably going to allow, but it's up to Aikar in the end, and how code works out.

Full ones I think mess with the performance stuff too much. Also, imagine this vault bug with shulker boxes all over your vault....it would be a nightmare.
    You can't vault maps, so not being able to vault shulker boxes is just another limit we have to prevent issues with our cross-server system that is no where near a vanilla mechanic anyways. Vault pages are plenty easy to come by, so it's not something we are willing to sacrifice for.
  17. I don't know if any of you can help me with this issue that I'm having with my brewing machine... but it seems that after the brewing stand finishes the first set of potions and those potions leave the stand to go into the chests, it won't accept any fresh water bottles from the side hopper. The F3 information says "Enabled: True" which means the hopper should be pushing those water bottles, but the stand isn't receiving them. The only way to fix this is to destroy the stand and replace it.

18. Oh ok that makes sense. Was just curious as I couldn't think of a reason why it would be disallowed lol I guess I can always vault my shulker shells (when we can) and just make the boxes on smp5 where I will use them.
  19. Please don't mind me while I'm feeling a bit smug for not storing items in my vaults or on different servers, allowing me to access everything I want right now... :p
  20. I'll take a slight inconvenience over an unstable feature any day. The reasoning behind it makes sense.
    crystaldragon13 and ShelLuser like this.