EMC UI Mod Preview Release 1

Discussion in 'Acceptable EMC Minecraft Mods' started by d1223m, Apr 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Turns out SMPSlimeFix is crashing ModLoader, was not aware because EMC UI was correcting the error. :)
  2. I dunno, your the MC Modder here =P

But a patch has so much better compat than a full file replace, as itll work fine with other mods.

Dynamic Lights author has distributed it as a patch (Thats only way I could get it to work) so maybe try to see what he did?
  3. This.. looks.. complicated. Thanks for the docs tho Henry! I shall study them some more and have a go. From a first glance it looks a lot more complicated than what I am doing now :)
  4. Im slightly confused... is there an error I need to fix or is everything good?
  5. No, you are not at fault here. It was EMC UI v1 that was fixing an error with SMPSlimeFix. :) When you modified adl.class, you were correcting the error caused by SMPSlimeFix.
    The order was ModLoader (modified adl.class) SMPSlimeFix (modified adl.class {crashing conflict}) EMC UI (modified adl.class {corrected crash conflict}).
    Now that you do not convert adl.class to a ModLoader compliant fix, SMPSlimeFix crashes Minecraft because the modified adl.class is no longer ModLoader compliant and I don't know what is dependent on ModLoader's adl.class just yet. :)
  6. If the mod is important ( Im sorry to say I havent tried it...) I can almost certainly fix the issue if its desired.

adl.class is the NetClientHandler class... ModLoader patches this class to handle server connects and handling custom packets. I presume the slime fix alters this class somehow to fix whatever it fixes. In which case ModLoader and the slime fix will almost certainly not work together.
  7. In other news...

Today I looked at writing a custom MC launcher for EMC that would automatically apply a selected set of mods and give us control of when the client updated the MC version. This would also allow us to keep an EMC version of MC seperated from your default install so more extreme things like mod'ing the Servers list to contain all the latest EMC servers would be easy (and any other features that would likely conflict with your regular MC experience ).
    Twitch1 likes this.
  8. I love this idea. I will gladly test it out. However, I do request Memory Allocation, Auto-Resize and AutoLogin as I am quite fond of them in my modified standard client. :)
  9. i like the idea of a pre modded emc client quite a lot and think it will be much more of use to people with less modding skills :D maybe have emc news and other stuff right on the client kinda like magic launcher did
  10. Some very strange compatibility issues encountered between EMC UI and Dynamic Lights.... They require installation in this order to function:
    ModLoader, Dynamic Lights, EMCUI, OptiFine.... If not done in this order before ANYTHING ELSE, it will crash. Also, if you don't do this, you can not use DL at all...
    I don't know why, none of the .class files are modified between the 4, besides DL and OptiFine l.class which has no bearing on EMCUI... I can't put a finger on the pulse to find this quirk but just be forewarned. :D
  11. I really want to explain to you how to use MCP with mods so you can decompile and see the issues... I think it would make your life easier!

(forgive me if you already know how :oops:)
    Twitch1 likes this.
  12. I wish I could really understand Java enough to read it... :(
    I just find a way to circumvent issues so that others do not have to put in as much effort.
    I just post discoveries so others can appreciate the level of work required to figure out these things. :)
  13. New conflict....
    WMLL? aiy.class needs to be overwritten by EMCUI 1.1 aiy.class to avoid SMP crashes upon attempted connection.
    I would love to open them both up and find the conflict but I am not sure what I am doing yet... :)
  14. [quote="d1223m, post: 85185"adl.class is the NetClientHandler class...[/quote]

BTW: One way to avoid conflicts about that class is to attach to the readPacketData() of the appropriate Packet class instead.
  15. D1223m, I have noticed with your modified chat, the chat does not fade off of the screen like it did before. Is there a way to resolve this?
  16. Yes I can re-add this. Ill add it to my list for the next version.
    nightmare32808 likes this.
  17. Thanks. Great job all around! I can't imagine playing without this already. :)
    d1223m likes this.
  18. New version!

* Added options menu, this can be found in the normal options - hopefully it wont conflict with other mods...
    * Added auto close chat option - this stops chat auto closing after you type something ( mostly for mods but usefull for anyone )
    * Added chat censoring - this is for our younger players and anyone who doesnt like swearing in chat. Thanks to JoshPosh70 for getting me to do this and providing the initial list of words to replace.
    * If you make your screen wide enough server messages will be put in the bottom right of the screen.
    * Fixed some issues with SSP
    * Fixed the crash when scrolling text
    * Probably more...

Enjoy, tell me about issues as usual.

Attached Files:

19. aiy.class - conflicts with What's My Light Level?
    If aiy.class from WMLL overwrites EMCUI aiy.class, the client crashes in SMP.

Is there anything you could do to merge these two classes or make a modification to a different file? :)

Possibly found a corrected method with the 12w15a snapshot release. I will report my findings. This updated version modifies ajl.class instead of aiy.class. :) Does not correct the issue... :(
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.