EMC UI Mod Preview Release 1

Discussion in 'Acceptable EMC Minecraft Mods' started by d1223m, Apr 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Could someone in the EMC community make a tut on installing it on macs?
  2. There are three kinds of mods:

(1) Mods that go into the minecraft.jar
    (2) Mods that go into Modloader's mods folder
    (3) Mods that need special installation

This is of kind 1 (just like Modloader and Optifine), so you can use any tutorial on how to install a type 1 mod and follow that.
  3. :( I'm stupid when it comes to modloader. I can't even get Rei's Minimap installed. Oh well guess If this ever becomes a new change for all but the people who run mods I'll get to use it.
  4. -sigh- I really wish I could try this, but as my minecraft is sufficiently screwed - I cannot.

Stupid Mac.
    YOU12MAEC likes this.
  5. That hurts. :(

Just backup these files:
    • lastlogin
    • servers.dat
    • options.txt
    • optionsof.txt
    • launcher-options.txt
    and these folders:
    • texturepacks
    • screenshots
    • saves
    into a safe location.
    Delete your /minecraft folder completely.
    Start Minecraft and close it without logging in.
    Open up the new /minecraft/ and deposit the files above into the new folder.
    Launch Minecraft again and log in this time.
    You will download a fresh copy of Minecraft to begin with.
    Once this is done, close Minecraft again.
    Navigate to /minecraft/bin/ and right-click minecraft.jar, select open with-> Archive Utility.
    You will now have a new folder /minecraft/bin/minecraft/
    Open up this new folder and immediately delete the folder /META-INF/

Inside this new folder is where you will be dragging all the mod files.

Now head on over to my board and download any mods you wish to use, including EMC UI by d1223m.
    Extract ModLoader, OptiFine and EMC UI.
    Create a new folder and name it whatever you want.
    Drag in the contents of the ModLoader folder, followed by OptiFine and the EMC UI. Once these mods are together, you will have a proper base level to dump into minecraft.jar.

If you use any of the SMP fixes (Slime/Fishing) they must also be put directly into minecraft.jar to properly function.

Once you have hard installed any mods you wish to use, select all files inside of /bin/minecraft/ and right-click on any of the .class files.
    Select Compress #### Items
    Once this completes, locate Archive.zip and select it. Push return and rename it to minecraft.jar.
    When it prompts you to keep .zip or use .jar, select use .jar.
    Now drag this new minecraft.jar into /minecraft/bin/ and replace the old version.
    Launch Minecraft.
    Report your results.
    hayleycolgan likes this.
  6. I am going to make a video recording of installing MODs from beginning to end but there will be no promise of included audio as I am not sure how it works and I am a cheap man so I will only use free programs without stealing.

So, expect it to arrive in the coming days as I am new to YouTube uploading and video recording/editing....

I will do my best to do a voice over, if I figure it out.....
    Terr and hayleycolgan like this.
  7. I love how much effort you put into this Twitch, I really do, but there is one problem.. My minecraft folder is nowhere to be found. To be honest, I don't even know how my MC runs anymore.

By the way, I have nothing against Macs. I love them. I just hate my one at the moment because it's doing stupid things. I'm considering saving all the important stuff to an external hard drive and reformatting it. Fresh start, y'know?

EDIT: I will be saving your post for future reference, good sir.
  8. Ok, so are you using Magic Launcher or standard?
    Sounds to me that your Mac has hidden the Application Support folder from you, indicating you may not be an administrator...
    I am only aware of one Terminal script to allow the opening and closing of minecraft.jar without knowing the location of the file, so I am going to do some digging and see if I cant do a trace on the directory to give you some help...
  9. You're the best :D We shall continue this conversation via inbox.. Cheers Twitch.
  10. I get the distinct impression that you may have hidden your minecraft folder by accident and here is why I believe so:

To verify this is the problem, Open Terminal, type in: cd ~/Library/Application\ Support/ and press return.
    Next type in ls -a and press return.
    If .minecraft appears, you have solved your problem and can fix it using the OSXDaily tutorial. :)

"For those who don’t know, files that are hidden in Mac OS are determined so by preceding the filename with a single period symbol (.), you can actually make any file hidden by doing this." - OSXDaily.
    So, to fix this potential dilemma, all you must do is follow their tutorial in the guide I linked to.
    hayleycolgan likes this.
  11. TWICH, YOU ARE A GENIUS. Thank you so much. Oh my gosh. I am jumping for joy right now. THiS is fantastic. :D :D :D :D Minecraft is no longer screwed!
    Twitch1 likes this.
  12. You are very welcome. :) I figured this might be the case with all of the /.minecraft/ listings for directories... That is a Windows only deal there as far as I am aware personally... So to all you OS X folks, don't go putting (.) in front of your files unless you want to hide them.... :)
    hayleycolgan likes this.
  13. Ey! Im suppose to solve the problems.. *stands in the corner useless*
  14. *beats useless ISMOOCH* Now say your sorry young man!
  15. Im sorry *through tears* I dont even know what im apologising for D:
    hayleycolgan likes this.
  16. for being useless :p

(im the best girlfriend)
  17. -_-....
    hayleycolgan likes this.
  18. HEY. Who edited edited my post! I did not write that >.>
  19. I point the finger at ISMOOCH considering he has those abilities as well... I didn't do it, I was investigating some reports of flying.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.