EMC UI Mod Preview Release 1

Discussion in 'Acceptable EMC Minecraft Mods' started by d1223m, Apr 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I point the finger at him too. Don't worry about that.
    Hey, question. I don't seem to have
    • optionsof.txt
    • launcher-options.txt
    files to backup. Is this a problem?
  2. No it isn't, those are OptiFine and modified Launcher files. If you don't have them, you wont need them :)
    hayleycolgan likes this.
  3. Or just use http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/232701- MCPatcher, it's available for Mac, too.

1. Download MCPatcher and start it.
    2. Unselect the included mods by clicking on the checkmark in front of their names. (Or leave them on if you don't use Optifine.)
    3. Click the "+" button, a "Open file..." dialog will pop up.
    4. Find the Modloader archive you downloaded earlier, select it and press "ok" or "open" (depending on OS).
    5. Review the list of file that will be installed then press ok.
    6. Repeat 3 to 5 for all other mods you want to install.
    7. Press "Patch"
    8. If mods conflict, you'll be presented a list of conflicts. Review the mods installation instructions on the Minecraft forum. (e.g. Optifine states, it will replace Modloader files, so that conflict is ok and Optifine's version of the files should be used. Read "install after" as "being below in MCPatcher's list".) Press ok of all is well.
    9. Done.
    If Minecraft does not work after patching:
    1. Start MCPatcher.
    2. Press "unpatch"
    3. Test Minecraft. It should run fine now. Close it.
    4. In MCPatcher, unselect all mods. Press "patch".
    5. Test Minecraft. It should run fine now. Close it.
    6. In MCPatcher, enable the first mod. Press "patch".
    7. Test Minecraft. It should run fine now. If not, then you found the trouble maker.
    8. In MCPatcher, enable the next mod. Press "patch".
    9. Test Minecraft. It should run fine now. If not, then you found the trouble maker.
    10. Repeat 8 to 9 until you tested all mods.
    You can now leave out the trouble maker, or you can try if disabling another, earlier mod allows the trouble maker to run.

Note: You can use the "Test Minecraft" button in MCPatcher, then you even see the console output. Some info there might help you determining what's wrong. However, if Minecraft was started that way you can NOT connect to a server.
    Twitch1 likes this.
  4. This is also an option, for those who choose to use it. :)
    I prefer hard coding, but this is available to those who wish to use the easier method.. I have gotten very skilled with my hard code method so I stick to it, I use a modified Launcher and update my mods in a different matter than fresh starting all the time... :)
  5. I couldn't get this to work with Magic Launcher. Comes up with 5 errors, no matter where I put it in the list. Any ideas?
  6. Managed to get minimap to work with MCPatcher but it counters errors with this mod ad the fishing mod :/
  7. Hard coding is the only method to make this one not post errors...
    However, just install ModLoader, OptiFine, EMC UI in this order and it will overwrite the files and still function.
    EMC UI is quite the bull in a china shop right now. :)
  8. Actually, fishing mod has no conflicts with EMC UI, that is a conflict with ModLoader.
    Either drop the .zip into the mods folder, or install following ModLoader and ignore the error. :)
  9. is optifine required? because I did not use optifine at all and it worked for me.
  10. OptiFine is optional, but it is best to give the tutorial including OptiFine as many players need it just to enjoy Minecraft SMP... :)
  11. So here are the errors that people would be seeing based on the Approve EMC MODs list:
    adl.class is modified by both ModLoader and SMPSlimeFix
    aiy.class is modified by Rei's Minimap
    nl.class is modified by OptiFine

If you do not go into SMP, these MODs coexist peacefully.
    However, the OptiFine clash removes HD Fonts.
    I do not see any changes with Rei's Minimap with EMC UI installed afterward.
    I prefer the improvements of EMC UI over SMPSlimeFix so I am not upset. :)

Temporary fix is to install all mods except for EMC UI first, and then blanket all EMC UI changes if you go about the Hard Code method.

I am going to try to find some other work around methods to avoid the errors but I can't guarantee anything to anyone...
  12. I forget what errors it had but it kept crashing when I had the fishing mod,minimap and this one patched in
  13. Alright, for you it would be:
    Modloader, Minimap, Fishing Fix, EMC UI. (Just to be safe, install EMC UI last. :))
  14. I'll try it thanks!
  15. For my reference and anyone who likes this sort of thing the classes Twitch metnions are:

adl.class - NetClientHandler
    aiy.class - GuiIngame
    nl.classs - FontRenderer
  16. Your my best friend!!!
    hayleycolgan likes this.
  17. *Whoosh*
  18. Update!

* fixed scrolling
    * when a user disconnects your /tell'ing to it should stop you typing to them and wont send your messages to town chat. when/if they reconnect you should be able to continue typing to them. ( thanks to everyone who helped me test this! I think I finally got it right... )
    * fixed ISMOOCH's "sensitive" tabs
    * removed FontLoader changes ( this should fix optifine's fonts ) - untested - please tell me if it works
    * remove NetClientHandler changes ( this should fix SMPSlimeFix ) - untested - please tell me if it works
    * slightly tweaked tab drawing

Attached Files:

Twitch1 likes this.
  19. d1, MCPatcher has a "Patch" version where you can supply your mod as a patch instead of a file overwrite.

This is a FAR superior method of doing mods, and I wish everyone would follow suit...

Can you please get the mod distributed like that? It would solve all/most of the conflicts

I plan to be making a guide for using MCPatcher to install mods... It's not just for the hd textures you know :p
    I find it simpler to understand than MagicLauncher... You open app, you maintain a profile of mods, you patch, you close, and never touch again until time to repatch :p use stock launcher if you want.

MCPatcher also has better features for installing mods than MagicLauncher, as you can selectively choose folders inside of zip files ,and select which files to import from it.

giving you alot of control over compat
    Henry_Loenwind likes this.
  20. Im willing to give it a go but looking at the MCPatcher thread I dont see how I make one of these patches...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.