EMC gone a bit dull?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Mrsmiley99, May 15, 2012.

1. Nee naw... Use your grammar properly :D
  2. Ooh Ooh if we're getting Titles can I be Queen of Slimes? Slimes are cute :)
  3. Yeah sure.
  4. ;3 I was writing that VERY quickly xD (on phone you see so takes the mick to add all the punctuation when your on a 7" screen :/
  5. Just No Emc Is Boss
    Credit For This Goes To Call_Me_Dejaja
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  6. No he is right, in the past few weeks things have changed, maybe its that half the ppl that are no longer playing on EMC for what ever reason has made the difference for them, it has for me. I know a lot have been banned some yeah fine I can understand why but for others I am a bit stunned, but then I don't know all the facts. But it does seem like, the big stick came out out and the banning got a little out of hand.

In a way its like I have joined EMC for the first time as nearly everyone is new on smp6, the down side is its not so exciting any more. Maybe I will move to a new server other then smp6 but I get the feeling this is the same on all the servers.
  7. You do realize that EmpireMinecraft has 10 servers and if smp1-smp5 is full then were would the rest of the servers be??
    But yes you are right we have to VOTE more to get EMC's name out there. :D

Read here: here
    Vote here: here
  8. Try going out to the wild, I find that it gives me a pleasant break from all of the 'nooby' stuff going on in town chat.
    PandasEatRamen and Equinox_Boss like this.
  9. I do but I don't stay out out there, may be I should lol
  10. I agree with Secret. EMC was kinda bleh until I started spending more time in the Wild. I even joined a wild community and actually spend most of my time out there.
  11. i had this idea a couple of weeks ago because i know you can have 5 types of food/armour/tools/weapons wiht a lock sign on a chest
  12. I am so bored at the mo heading out to mine, the server is empty of mobs and ppl even the fish don't bite no more :/
  13. Come down to the Last Light Outpost. We have a number of trusted players, and we don't have people spamming or yelling in all caps. Well, we did have a couple creeper incidents that made one guy go nuts and scream his head off, but otherwise we're all good.
    Silken_thread likes this.
  14. What do you mean the banning got out of hand?

Only people who break the rules and are bad people get banned... If you see alot of bans, then you saw alot of people breaking the rules.

We can't let people get away with breaking the rules "because we've banned too many people recently".

If it meant dropping our #'s by half to get rid of bad people and have a cleaner, safer, more enjoyable community, id be all for it!

10k good players is better than 20k bad with 10k good.

Remember, negativity stands out 30x more than positivity...
  15. You sound a little stressed Aikar, but regardless I am entitled to my opinion and I don't disagree with what you have said but there was at least one person I know off and I was very surprised they got banned Cvss1022. Always helpful and polite , a good customer who I helped in return, but again I don't know all the details just what ppl have said.
  16. Everyone thought jlopez was a good guy until he turned out to be JT...
    I guess my point is that the staff normally ban for a very good reason, and that your impression of someone may not necessarily be the most accurate.
  17. Nah not stressed :) But that player was unbanned today by the mod who banned him.
    Sure sometimes we may dish out bigger punishment than needed, as we are not perfect and a 2nd glance at a situation may make us reconsider.

In the mods defense, upon first glance at the situation I too might of given a perm ban, but then when you get more data, a temp ban makes more sense.

This is how appeals work. Give more data to convince us a permanent ban is not justified, and you get unbanned.

But situations like this are really rare (where we 2nd guess our punishment length).

Also note, many bans may seem "unnecessary" simply because players do not have the facts into why a player was banned. You may of not seen a player do something wrong, but that doesn't mean there isn't evidence against them, and we don't spill every tad bit of a persons transgressions publicly.. That's for us to know.

So it's really a "just trust us, were making what we feel are the correct actions".

If you believe a staff member is not making correct decisions (and you have multiple situations to justify that accusation), then PM IcecreamCow about it and he can investigate. But I've personally never seen anyone abuse their powers, every ban I see is justified as an initial response.
  18. Crazy does have fun with his 8000 day perm bans...
  19. YOUR LEAVING?!?!?!
  20. No I do understand I am also a mod on a small server and yeah some times the reasons are not always clear I was just so surpised with so many disapearing and then I was told that even cv was banned, left me stumped a little. But yeah we don't always know why and we can't expect an explanation about them.

Lets hope things improve, seem to be so far :D
    SecretAznEks likes this.