EMC gone a bit dull?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Mrsmiley99, May 15, 2012.

1. Me? I do recall helping u out for free, and giving u tons of ironhelmets, arrows bows and some bones. All for free :)
  2. good for you. Unlike most people on here (i am assuming you too) i actually enjoy helping. Every time i get payed, i give some of it back. Why? Cause i'm nice. Unlike 99% of the population here.

EDIT: yes mrsmiley, u did help out. But it was arrows, bones and bows (which i needed) not iron helmets.
    AlexHallon likes this.
  3. Than please come to my house and dig for me. I will not pay you and you can't complain.
  4. Twitch1, " you wouldn't give just anyone your keys to your house in real life, so why so it in the virtual world." something like that.
  5. Fine. Give me an hour or two to finish what i'm doing.
  6. Cause it's a game? Getting griefed doesn't mean the end of the world, just means it takes you longer to do things.
  7. If you have not seen the post about Jlopez, it says how griefing caused people emotional pain. If I build something and it takes me a total time of 12 hours or so and you come along with your fancy TNT and blow it up. I won't be like "Oh don't worry, what you did was ok I'll just continue working on something that took my time and effort."
  8. I can do that, I alway do that stuff for people . :D

Oh and dot am I the 1 in thousands?
  9. Would you do it all the time without pay?
  10. Dot I was quoting twitch that's his signature,
    That's like saying u don't kill people in real life, so why do it in cod?II give perms to people I trust, but I never give container, unless it is to someone I know in real life :D
  11. The purpose of Cod is to kill people. the purpose of an Economy on a server is to MAKE MONEY.
  12. I am not saying that people should get paid 100k to make a house, but compensation is a nice thing.
  13. Not what i meant. I meant yea it's bad but u need to get over it. I've been griefed alot of times. Have i complained? No. I sucked it up and rebuilt in a different area.

And i can't use tnt genius.
  14. What ever, i'm not going to argue. Obviously everyone just does stuff for money. No point in arguing anymore.

But i honestly think people should be a little nicer instead of "Yea, i'll help. How much am i getting paid" when your asking them dig up a obsidian block when u dont have a diamond pick.
  15. WHOA HERE. Stop flaming, honestly! He's right, I rarely see any people who will work for free out of 'the goodness of their heart'. However, that doesn't mean the EMC is getting dull. I mean, if we were only building stuff, and there was no economy, NO ONE would join and it would get boring REAL QUICK for the people who didn't have infinite wells of creativity at their disposal. The economy is REQUIRED to keep the server interesting. I have been on a few servers with no economy and just building creative things. It was well-run, by adults, like here, but once everyone had finished building whatever they were building, everyone left and it got boring really quickly. My point is that without the economy, EMC would never be as popular as it is. So please, try to avoid disrespecting other players, and keep all negative opinions about others to yourself.
    AlexHallon likes this.
  16. Weighing in again. Uhm, if someone asks for help and it is more than a 15-20min task, yeah, it should be something where the person recieving the help gives the helper something that says "thank you for using your time to make MY stuff cool when you could have been using this time to be making YOUR stuff cool" The ammount of time we each have to sit down at our our computers and play mc is limited, and to spend a large portion of it helping a random person you have never met do something for their res instead of working on your OWN projects, that warrants a little compensation. Even if there were no rupees, I would STILL give someone some diamonds or something for taking the time to help me with something... OR offer to help THEM with something. Thats what an economy is, exchanging of goods and services, and its as old as humanity. EMC would still have some sort of economy even if there were no rupees.

I think it is totally presumptious to claim that because people expect compensation that they are unfriendly, greedy, unhelpfull, or whatever it is excactly you are trying to say. If I know you and trust you and know that you would help me if I asked, then I never expect anything in return for my help. But if I have never met you or never heard your name before and you want help with a large project... well yeah, I would expect some compensation, and thats perfectly acceptable. If you're having trouble understanding why this is acceptable, remember that old adage: treat others the way you would like to be treated. If someone helps me with something, I always want to show my gratitude for their help by giving them something to help them, even if they say no thanks, i usually insist that let me give them something to express my thanks. I think that is just courtesy. So, to to expect someone to be courtious back to you is wrong?

If no one will help you for "free" you might want to look at youself... how many have you helped for "free" why are they not willing to help you for "free" in return? If I really need help with something there are quite a few that would be willing to help me, and if they need help they know they can ask me and Ill help them... without the exchange of rupees or items. You may want to focus on making some more friends by helping them with their projects if you cant find anyone to help you with yours, instead of accusing "%99" of us of being greedy, unwilling to help, or being "all about the money".
  17. Wow coph... way to be a troll..

Pretty much everything you said was false. You have no idea what I've done to push for the wild... It's not your right to lash out and trash talk me and my work for no reason. I've done nothing to you, and you've been hostile with me ever since I became a mod, just because I have less playtime than you? Is that it?

Nearly every single post I see of yours on the forums is a troll, especially any involving me. I don't know what in the world is wrong with you, but you better chill out before you get your posting rights taken away.

Now, besides all that ridiculousness, A wild colony contest is an interesting idea. It wouldnt be too hard, but it would need to be private entry etc.

The bad thing is I got a lot going on RL atm so I don't have as much time to dedicate to EMC currently, so I don't know if I could do anything currently.

Maybe after this week I will know more about whats going on and can figure things out, but this is def an idea we can persue.
    AlexHallon and PandasEatRamen like this.
  18. Soo very true. What I said up there was about people ONLY focusing on the economy instead of the actual game.