EMC Dragon Tombs Info

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by IcecreamCow, Aug 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Has anyone ever found a portal and got the egg?
  2. Why must this not be on yet. Icecreamcow posted this thread at the end of august
  3. Um... If you had just read the last few posts you would have realised this has not been implemented yet.
  4. Well srry. I wasnt going to read 30 pages of comments...
  5. Just the last 2 would have explained it.
    jkjkjk182 and NINJATTILA like this.
  6. pretty much if you read any page that wasnt the title lol
  7. There are numerous plugin's which can provide protection systems that would work satisfactorily, just because they are available though doesn't necessarily mean they are right for EMC.

Having the 'wilderness land claiming' associated with the dragon-tomb update is a way of incorporating dragon eggs into EMC servers as well as give them a genuine use. The wilderness has always been a dangerous place, and since the start we have always warned the community that anything built in the wild is at the risk of being destroyed by others, even if we catch the culprit it doesnt bring back the build. With the increase of wild communities it is recognized that a protection system would be beneficial, so it is being developed in between more essential/vital projects and updates.

We just think it is much better to wait a bit longer for something fun and creative, then to rush into it and be like many other boring servers who just throw some commercial plugins together and fade into the crowd. :)
  8. if you dont play on emc "much" because of the possibility of griefers you must have an interesting life lol do you not drive because of the possibility of accidents? or walk cause of the likelihood of getting hit by a falling meteor? what do you do when its lightning?

not that im opposed to land claiming but wild is called the wild because it is exactly that, if you want to build something protected and safe build it in town or really far out, all too often since i started i have heard people griping about how their outpost was "griefed" and then i walk out to find it unlit with hardly any torches and well within 3k blocks. you are asking to get hit there. mine has yet to be touched and thats because i only invite trusted people after a stringent application process and i set rules to prevent people from walking by and having a creeper blow up everything important.
  9. Yet this answer has been given so many times that it is getting quite old. Is EMC really so full of itself that it can not incorporate things just because "other servers" have it. Vanity is being chosen over functionality.

Not only has the community been told that we have to wait for protections that, so many have said to be important to them, so that some random dragon thing can be done - BUT we also do not get any answer as to when or how we might see it happen. Yes, we get that things take time - and the people coding have time limitations - but, for the love of mc, stop putting important things off for the sake of vanity. There is no reason these two things need to be tied together. It is completely a random decision made randomly. Why must people suffer because at some point someone wanted to put these two unrelated things together? It gets continually harder to build and rebuild again and again. A large portion of your community has moved into the wild. Town is a novelty that most people have grown board of. There is no challenge to build in town. Then once you have, then what?

Stop the vanity and listen to your players.
    PandasEatRamen likes this.
  10. "for the love of mc, stop putting important things off for the sake of vanity."
    wouldnt mandatory updates and new content be important things and wild claiming be vanity? like litterally the only good reason to claim wild is so you can show off your build without worry...., that is vanity
  11. No, the ability to protect stuff in the wild without worry means that we won't have to spend all our time rebuilding our house instead of out mining and gathering. Not everyone wants to sit in town and listen to the beggars, spammers, shop ads, just plain annoying crud that goes on repeatedly. The point of minecraft is survival. That's what most people try to do in the wild. People shouldn't have to worry about people coming out and setting their houses on fire or breaking their grinders.
  12. They will actually gain value. Because currently they have no value as they aren't sold at the Empire Shop.
  13. This isn't strictly true.. They'll gain a USE but not value, definitely decrease. :)
    snow_freak and mba2012 like this.
  14. Kinda like whats going to happen to quartz in few weeks or days at best.
  15. Yeah I know lol but I was just saying that technically they have no exact value :p Also you post was the 600th post. :p
    Especially when the wastelands come out. Everything will drop in value at least a little bit.
  16. A little bit... HEAPS!
    mba2012 likes this.
  17. you pretty much just described word for word vanity
  18. That's a simpler way of putting it, although not everyone may be aware of what vanity means...
    bitemenow15 likes this.
  19. Personally, I don't see how wanting to play MC as part of EMC without having your things stolen/destroyed is necessarily vain?
    oremia and Pab10S like this.
  20. I love how your signature is surprisingly relevant :p
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.