EMC Dragon Tombs Info

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by IcecreamCow, Aug 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I think we need to get over people owning dragon eggs already and maybe getting first dibs on protected land. Some of those eggs changed hands for millions of rupees. I say fair play to them. They also killed the enderdragon in the first place so why can't they use them?

As for griefing in the wild, I'm sorry, it shouldn't happen but you can't have a wild base which is easy to get back to town from and not get griefed. Your distance from spawn needs to be towards seven digits before your truly safe, and even then, live map will shaft you.

The only safe outposts are the ones positioned before the reset so there's no trace on the map.
  2. I thought staff killed them?
  3. Not servers 1-4 and Utopia.
  4. Those people who killed the dragon or bought eggs knew what they were getting: a display block. The connection between Dragon Eggs, Dragon Tombs, and Wild Protection is completely arbitrary.

If we can have Valentines Roses, EMC Fireworks, and Treasure Vouchers, surely we should be able to swing a special block of Land Claim Dirt at Shop we could buy for 10k.

EMC seems commited to the path they've chosen for this so I don't expect anything to come of my comments. Still, I keep seeing the same comments over and over about this and just wanted to air the thought since I doubt if it had been considered.

As for the old, "You have to build a jazillion blocks in the Wild" thing: It makes it sound like we're blaming the victim and promoting bad behavior every time I hear it. If I see where someone has built something, even in the PRA, I leave it alone. Perhaps I've been doing it wrong.
  5. (Hehe, why snip when you could spoil) XD

Anyways, thats SO true, I mean just

Honestly, that is SO true!

Honestly, Im not gonna lie, ppl paid good money for those dragon eggs, but they still paid a ton even before the idea of dragon tombs came out. Maybe, if you have a dragon egg (original), you can host 2 auctions at once, or you can fly in utopia without having diamond, or some other random, small privilege like that, but nothing big, like 20 wild residences.
    333kirby likes this.
  6. I'm not sure if this has been mentioned already, but; The dragon eggs never had a use in the first place so I don't see why EMC should have one now. People weren't forced to sell them to the town, so that sense of originality can still be there. If the new eggs could be renamed so that they can't be used to scam with as the original, there would be no problem.
  7. Is the portal can be found with eye of the ender ??

And as you say all the items I have will be taken until the event complete. Is that includes armor and weapons ???
  8. No, these are things specially made by Aikar and code. They can't be found with eye of ender. You will need your armor and weapons to fight whatever is in the tombs.
  9. Actually, if I understand correctly, ALL items, including armor and weapons will be taken from your inventory, and all will have an equal start scenario for the dungeons. I could be wrong, but I believe that's how it is.
    WolfThunderblade and WHITEWOLFIX like this.
  10. I think you might be right there :)
  11. Ohh. I just thought it meant everything but armor and weapons. I thought it was kind of silly to take away gear, then again I guess it makes sense in case someone goes in with god equips and someone with regular unenchanted gear.
  12. If we enter without armor how can we survive with our bare hands . I think it going to be impossible to win
  13. It didn't say that exactly, upon entering the Tomb, your inventory is stashed away.
    At which point, you are all maybe given the same armour to start with, to make it fair.
    But that's my guess of what happens, not confirmed.
    IamSaj likes this.
  14. Great EMC community :)
  15. No, you're in the majority that's doing it right (as you well know), but there is a tiny, unmissable minority who are being chocolate jockeys about the whole thing and it means, rather unfortunately, that you've got to take appropriate steps to secure and protect your builds in the wild.

In lieu of being able to kill other players with weapons or traps, the only way to do that is to build miles away into the Wild.

The sooner Aikar kills the Live Map to show only areas you've explored being shown (as he mentioned once before), the better.
  16. Well, I have a problem with this. I use the live map a lot to find out where I am going or to find a place to build an outpost. It would be much better if the live map only shows what the area looked like when it was newly generated. If it didn't show what other members have built then it would be much harder for grievers to find a place. But maybe if it only shows builds within 500 blocks of you at the time.
    jkjkjk182 and AlexChance like this.
  17. that would be sick crazy awesome, like you see everything explored, but only as it originally looked? i think that would probably take a reset tho unfortunately
  18. Well if you set up the world on another server get the files and then put the files onto the webserver and modify the files.
  19. that is a good idea, quick someone wake up aikar! lol
    mba2012 likes this.
  20. Love the idea, but as Mba (sort-of) said, it'd be great if it showed the world as it was when it generated and didn't change at all, not even builds, except when showing player locations (if they're near you!)
    mba2012 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.