EMC Community Appreciation - Launch & Introduction

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by AlexC__, Jul 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. My new EMC goal: Win this award while being as insincere and arrogant as possible :cool:
    Pab10S, PenguinDJ, 607 and 5 others like this.
  2. Aww yiss Tom foolry FTW I CAN USE CAPS :p
  3. That's not Tomfoolery. This is Tomfoolery:

And I hereby declare it the official soundtrack for me winning this award in the most insincere and arrogant manner possible :D
  4. Oh, it's on... Eye of the tiger time...
  5. awesome, but how do u start a thread?
  6. If by "start a thread" you mean nominate someone, the details are all still up in the air. This is what amounts to brainstorming.

If by "start a thread" you mean actually post a new topic on the boards, you're asking in the wrong thread. :confused:
    It's the "Post New Thread" button in the top-right bar.
    607, cddm95ace and AlexChance like this.
  7. I'll ask Maxarias for her input on a couple of the unique item suggestions, later. :)
    mba2012 likes this.
  8. I liked the dirt clearing voucher from the voting contest.
  9. The problem with this is the cost, 60k is a LOOTTT of money, especially if we plan on holding more voting contests (which we do).
  10. I mean if there was a rupee prize the contest would then be similar to contests in real life where the winner is awarded a trophy as well as prize money.
    For example a dance eisteddfod where the winner get's a massive trophy and some cash as a reward for winning ;)
  11. Okay guys - what I'm hoping for is 1) a renamed block of bedrock and 2) a renamed sword or eye of ender (Kephras's suggestion)

Get your thinking hats on and expect the next step towards this project - this rounds nomination thread - soon. :)
    mba2012 likes this.
  12. What if you don't know who to nominate, but you want to nominate someone...?

P.S Please nominate me :p I'm helping you all by making the decision of who to nominate for you :p
  13. Keep your eyes open :)
    mba2012 likes this.
  14. Keep your eyes open :)[/quote]
    You failed the quote... :p I'm not nominating you! D:
  15. I think the problem is only that you're announcing it. :)

It would have been better to just prepare the contents silently and the ask people to nominate members who they think deserve recognition.

Ask for motivation / reason for each nomination.

Carefully describe the criteria, make very clear what this is really about, don't miss to describe motivation / reason for the contest and for each decision of the jury. Make it real and make it look real. :)

(Otherwise it can turn worse than a popularity contest...)
    BTW, what is wrong with a popularity contest? :)

Rupee prize would give it bad taste, it would be staff buying something from the members, like with voting.

It is good to have a symbolic prize like renamed bedrock or a hoe or something, but far more important is the recognition.
    hashhog3000 likes this.
  16. Thanks a lot for your input. It's probably a bit too late to not announce it, plus this will be (hopefully) a continuous project so eventually it'll be pretty common knowledge.

Nothing wrong with a popularity contest, just that we don't want this to be based purely on popularity, but effort that goes into the community. :)

Yeah, the rupees prize has been scratched. There might possibly be a certificate (renamed paper) with the prizes also. :)
    mba2012 and Kephras like this.
  17. I highlighted the area that I'm responding too, and my opinion. ( Unless of course you've already decided not to include the rupees. )

I believe that you shouldn't include the rupees. 100,000 rupees is nice, but I feel that it's kind of adding to the problem in the first place. ( At least economic wise. )

For example, you have the Empire Shop that's created to dispose of rupees, to create a more flexible economy. Giving away, that many rupees is just out right insane!

I'm only ranting because I played on EMC, roughly 2 years ago. So I'm use to buying my diamonds for around 20 to 30 rupees. Sometimes even 10 when they weren't really asking for a whole lot.

Basically to sum this whole wall of text up into one small thing!

I think that you should only award custom items to those who win, that way no one's gaining anything that can truly affect the overall game itself. ( Depending on what item you give away of course. )

Hope my opinion makes sense, if not. I tried.

EDIT: Of course, I post this and then read that the idea was scratched. Oh well, at least you get to read my thoughts.

EDIT! I've just thought of this idea, maybe it will be a pretty neat one.

It's about those rupees, being a prize an all. ( I was going with the idea that you "staff" would generate the 100,000 rupees out of thin air. ) But if you're using ALREADY, truly earned rupees for this reward. I don't see any harm at all, but TO GENERATE them into the game, is just down right NO!

So, if ANYONE feels like giving the winner some rupees. Feel free to, and be kind and possibly reward them for their great achievements, and actions.

OKAY, now that's all I can think of for now. :p
    AlexChance likes this.
  18. This sounds like a great idea, I think it will definitely encourage players to lend a hand to the new players and contribute new ideas and thoughts to the forums. With luck, players will continue to show this kind of enthusiasm and respect even after the final "round" has ended.
    AlexChance and PenguinDJ like this.
  19. If there prize was to be in rupees it would have been out of my pocket - however we scratched that idea so the unique, renamed items will probably be generated and renamed. :)
  20. Renamed paper... why did I not think of that first off? But I really like the idea.
    Also, as per my musings with PenguinDJ earlier, if you guys do end up offering any kind of tool or equipment, I'd encourage you not to "finalize" it, so that the player can actually make use of it if they choose. Mind you I'm not advocating anything diamond that might be forged into God+ gear, just making it repairable so that its only purpose isn't to sit in an item frame for all eternity. :)
    AlexChance likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.