EMC Community Appreciation - Launch & Introduction

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by AlexC__, Jul 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Opinion: I believe this contest is going to be more "popularity contest" like being prom queen and king in High School. Honestly I like the general idea.. just not the contest itself.
    Baby_Cookies and BussGIL like this.
  2. Ya i agree. I like the idea just.. doesn't seem fair i guess to say.
    BussGIL likes this.
  3. Couldn't have said it better myself bunker... Why reward those that help with rupees? Doesn't this defeat the whole purpose of serving others and being humble about it, by expecting a reward for it? I feel like many people will become less sincere when helping others...
  4. I like the whole idea, this will be encouraging more players to be helpful to the community. :)
    PandasEatRamen likes this.
  5. It's like Player of the Month, except twisted up a bit. :)
    Great suggestion, implemented. :)

Nope, no staff members.
    The same could apply to any contest. Honestly, if there is kids raging that they don't "win" this they wouldn't be on that wall (or have won in the first place). :)
    This is the exact opposite. It's been in the making for the past few weeks to ensure that it's not a popularity contest. If you read and have a think about some of the details in there, you'll see how we're preventing it from turning into one. Here's a few things as an example:

Those that help with rupees AREN'T rewarded. :) There's no need to be humble - or even incredibly sincere - when helping people, at the end of the day the result (someone feeling good) is still there. However, that doesn't mean to say that those with more sincere intentions won't be rewarded first, because they will. :) It all comes down to what the act of kindness is, not why it happened.

Also, I'll put up the thread for this previous round in a few days. Stay tuned!

Edit: To make it a bit more clear;
    mba2012 and PandasEatRamen like this.
  6. +1

Yes. And maybe we'll have EMC back to how it was and everyone being nice like it was when I started instead of threads of people being rude and trolling each other and getting banned/closed and people actually following the rules.
  7. Hm... I don't really know. When I read the things you can do to be nominated, I thought: "Isn't it so that people already should do this? Isn't it so that most people will happily do all this things without trying to be nominated?" Maybe it's not good when players should just do these things to be nominated and win the price, then can it seem like "fake". I understand that good people can be awarded, but isn't it a award already to see the happy reactions of people you help? Isn't it a award already to be complimented by people when you make a nice post? I think that this maybe makes especially that people that aren't that social think:"Well, let's try to win that". But, when they are doing it for the money and not just for the luck you will get when you are kind,(isn't being kind making everyone happy? That ones you are kind to, and yourself too?)it won't work and people can seem nice when they aren't really that nice. And that will happen.
    I think you'll say(and I support that idea, too)that people will try to be nice, and see the fun of it, and then keep being nice. But, I think rewarding for something like being nice is unnecessary and maybe even will work reversed.
    M4nic_M1ner and cddm95ace like this.
  8. Ok I see where your going with us :) Well this does sound good then ! ^_^ Thanks
    Edit: With this**
    AlexChance likes this.
  9. I think you understood that wrong, I think he didn't mean that the people who help with rupees are rewarded, but he meant that the people who help are rewarded with rupees.;)
  10. The main idea is that all these amazing people are doing it already, and all they get is a thank you. While this is something, these people are so helpful, and so awesome, that they deserve more. And this is us giving them more. :)
    mba2012 and AlexChance like this.
  11. Too add to Jack's comment (although what I'm saying doesn't exactly relate to what you're trying to say); this is not completely about "being nice", it's about what you can contribute to the community. Someone can do all this without saying a nice thing to anyone and they could still win.

It's a bit like your local police force. The officers there protect and serve, but they're paid to do it - that doesn't mean they're doing a bad job at protecting and serving.

This thread is about suggesting and your opinions, though, so what do you guys think about scratching the rupees and just having the unique item as the reward?
  12. The r is just the icing on the cake; I like them.
  13. Maybe instead of a special item and rupees, what if we did two special items, so they'd have something rare instead of rupees they can get anytime?
  14. I reckon unique items should be handed out and in additional a small amount of rupees. This way it would be similar to some contests in real life where you receive a trophy to show you won and some prize money as a real reward ;)
    bloodra1n and xI_LIKE_A_PIGx like this.
  15. Hm.. My suggestion got put into something!

*Life is complete*

Nah all jokes aside, this 'event' seems perfect now :)
  16. EDIT to this: I meant: why reward people that help out by paying them rupees? As in, shouldn't they not be expecting a reward if they are being sincere?

They have contests in real life for this? As in, you get an award, trophy, maybe a ribbon that says you are the most helpful?
    607 likes this.

17. Okay guys, I'm going to remove the rupees prize. Currently, we've been got a unique, renamed bedrock block which would be the original rare item that was awarded. Any serious suggestions for another? If not, we'd have to 1) make that the only prize or 2) keep the rupees.

Also, anyone know how to fix these darn format paragraph errors? :(
    M4nic_M1ner and RainbowChin like this.
  18. Mother of....
    607 and brickstrike like this.
  19. That's what Davie and Max mentioned, no promises. :)
    mba2012 and brickstrike like this.
  20. Maybe to that specific player I.E Cordial_Pie, you could make enchanted armor named something meaningful from all the staff about the player, I.E "We love cordial so much we will give you all our rupees!" or something like that.
    cddm95ace, Kephras and mba2012 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.