EMC Celebrates 4 Years with Cake, Cookies, and More!

Discussion in 'Empire Events' started by Krysyy, Jul 25, 2015.

1. Happy birthday, Empire Minecraft.

Happy birthday to Empire Minecraft,
    The lot of us have cried and laughed,
    I love this place and I love all of you,
    The noobs, the vets and all the staff too.

Rainbowchin always breaks a lot,
    I swear Knight has lost his plot,
    And Aikar has destroyed an economy or two,
    But I still love the lot of you.

Max hopped on the good old fire wagon,
    Krysyy took to the big red dragon,
    And chicken is, well, a chicken,
    Yet I am still love stricken.

I could keep on going for a long time,
    With this poetic rhyme,
    But now it is time to hand over to you,
    The love and the beauty and the birthday too.

iGTR.
  2. Happy b-day EMC! My favourite thing about EMC is the community, if there wasn't a character limit I would have written a lot more :) How long will thus be available, I'm in Greece without a PC :/
  3. Happy bday EMC!!!!!!! I love you so much!
  4. Happy birthday to one of my favorite servers!:)
  5. What I love about EMC:

• The HUGE Community
    • The Staff, Unlike most servers, Actually Have Fun and interact with users
    • SMP1 :D
    • The /very/ Friendly staff :D
    • And lastly, How much everyone helps out another person.
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY EMC! :D
    ShelLuser likes this.
  6. What I love: The community, the staff, the economy, the vanilla with chocolate sauce, and pretty much everything else!
  7. Don't place your cake. I just did it to see if I could and now it's gone forever.
    FadedMartian likes this.
  8. happy birthday emc! love you!!!!!
  9. Happy birthday EMC!!!
  10. and I also broke it
  11. I love how open the emc community is and how everyone is welcome
  12. What I love about EMC:
    The community
    The Staff
    The plugins
    Happy Birthday EMC!
  13. I have an extra one you can have if you can't get it back.
    FadedMartian likes this.
  14. EMC is the first server ever that keeps me logging on every day.
    Thank you EMC. Keep going strong!

oooh... and happy birthday :)
  15. First of all: Please exclude me from getting a promo for this. And just so we're clear, some disclaimers:
    • Yes, I'm enjoying the weekend.
    • No, there won't be any alts or friends or whatever to scoop up the promo for me.
    • I just want to make a sincere statement without the shadow of the promo desire glooming over me....
    (and I will try not to turn this into an essay as well :D)

EMC changed my Minecraft life. When I joined EMC I had been playing Minecraft for little more than a year, I knew this was the kind of game which wouldn't easily become boring for me and when I discovered EMC I realized the very moment when I set foot in the tutorial that this server had the potential to hook me pretty good. Of course the final decision was made months after, but let's not get into that right now.

Why I love EMC? First and foremost because it is based on the game I enjoy playing so much without affecting or twisting it to such extends that you'll be alienated from it. "Play your way", while keeping the intend of the original game in mind. I actually had moments where a single player game felt weird to me because I became so accustomed to "somewhere else". Last week (partly because of DDoS and partly because of time restrictions) I started a new single player game (which suddenly reminds me of doing another post in a moment) and without any 'adapting' or whatever I had a really good time. If there was anything missing out it was chatting with my friends and other players, but other than that....

Second... I wasn't alone when I joined. And when my friends set foot on the Empire most of them confirmed my believes and ideas of the server. Some left, for sure. Just like any other server out there EMC isn't the kind of server which can please everyone. And rightfully so too. A true server, in my humble opinion, tries to pick up what they want to stand for and then back that up with everything they got. I truly believe that "Play your way" is much more than just a marketing phrase.

And my friends who did stay? Well.. I don't like speaking for other people but lets just say that one of my friends is well on its way to become part of the staff here. Can't get much more dedicated than that. (And on a personal note I just like to say how utterly proud I am, talk is cheap but that's what you'll have to put up with.).

Folks: really enjoying a server is one (good!) thing, introducing others another (also good) thing. But then actually seeing them enjoy it to such extends where there can be no doubt? Priceless.

And finally... I speak my mind, I like speaking my mind and while doing so I also take risks. And that leads me to a point where I make mistakes, where I probably will make more in the future and if so I will deal with it. Yeah; "where I...". And what about EMC? Like it or not: this is still their playground eventually.

Which brings me to point 3 and my final point: People make mistakes. And when that happens EMC is the kind of server where they can (or will try really hard to...) see right through you. Or, in other words: if you do make a mistake then you can be assured of one thing: EMC, as a whole (this includes staff), will do their utmost best to set aside any bias and make sure that they deal with the thing in a fair way to the best of their abilities. Without holding a grudge.

If you don't fully understand what I mean by that then that's perfectly fine. The short version is: EMC tries to be honest with its players at all times.

EMC is the kind of server I came to deeply admire and respect. And I (usually) enjoy every moment I spend on it (when a creeper blows you up or a pack of hell hounds tear you apart not so much, but I don't hold that against you guys ;)).

Sorry for the longer message, I really had to get this out.

SO... My birthday wish.

Happy birthday Empire Minecraft. That you may grow to be even older than any of the other servers out there! I love you guys!

Sincerely, Peter
    607 and DoubleCakes9001 like this.
  16. Happy birthday emc! This server absolutely rocks. Every smp, the promos, , all the staff, all the creartions! This place is well worth four years.

Edit: shell in usual form has written a novel
    ShelLuser likes this.
  17. I messaged RainbowChin about it. I think I'll be able to get a replacement. :)
    ThaKloned likes this.
  18. EMC
    You may not have been with me for long
    Likewise you with me
    But you
    The community, all the friends I have made along the way,
    have been there through good and bad
    Always making my day Better
    So I say, for this special day
    Happy Birthday EMC
  19. Happy Bird-day EMC
  20. I just updated the promo to add the flag to block this.

If you've claimed the cake before 3:40 PM EST/EMC /time - then please PM SS with item in vault to add the flag to prevent it.

If you placed it, please PM SS EXACTLY where it was placed, and we can extract it from the chunk.

Collectors... The item is exactly the same, just the first ones have risk of accidently being lost. so they arent special.
    FadedMartian, ShelLuser and ThaKloned like this.