EMC Banner Ad Contest!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Aikar, Jan 15, 2014.

1. Adult is but a mindset good sir.
    AliceF3 and brickstrike like this.
  2. Hope you all like it :)

Screen Shot 2014-01-16 at 8.53.47 am.png
    AlexChance and Nickblockmaster like this.
  3. Can we use other fonts, as long as they are free?
  4. instead of mature - professional would also be a good term - but i get you now - you're not meaning literally adult, but acting like an adult?
    IcecreamCow likes this.

5. so this is my first real go to make something on gimp it looks ok ish lol
    i will try to change it more and add more but this is my start

also i was unable to add the fonts to my gimp if any 1 can tell me how please let me know (for win7)
    Choongjae and AlexChance like this.
  6. Er... are we supposed to submit here? Here's mine:
    edit: tweaked in comment below
  7. All I can think of is jack. All the rest are 18+ i think.
  8. This can be made in Adobe After Effects, right?
  9. What ever tooling you have, long as its a .gif afterwards.
    Yes
    Id prefer the selected fonts legal wise, but if you use another youll have to tell me EXACTLY what it is so I can research it.

Many free font's cant be used commercially, and would prefer to keep the EMC/Starlis consistency of ChunkFive/Nunito.
    amadai likes this.
  10. Yeah, I figured as much. I'll try to keep to those two fonts. But..would any of the free fonts from fontsquirrel work (the ones licensed for unlimited pageviews)?
  11. First banner, in Nunito this time:

Second*:

Wording, font, and placements can be changed ofc.
  12. Well, this isn't an animated gif so maybe you can't use it here but it's an idea I had so I whipped it up - wadda ya think??

Click here

Love,
    Jester
  13. btw, ah, you gotta hover.....

14. It is saying the specified Url cannot be entered? I'm using Imgur and it's just not working someone help? btw it's a .gif
  15. are you putting the Imgur URL in the embed media instead of the insert image box?
  16. <--- Is what happens when I put the link in the Insert/Edit Image and this is what happens when I put it in the Media : The specified URL cannot be embedded as media
  17. try www.imgur.com
  18. My Design I'll just have to do it like that
  19. Would someone post it on my behalf?