EMC 1.6 Progress Updates

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by Maxarias, Jul 6, 2013.

1. It's been like that for a few weeks now. :p
  2. Facepalm
  3. I have to admit this update looks pretty cool, so i think its worth waiting
  4. ive seen aikar up in mumble till 4 in tha mornin so yall best recognize!
  5. If Aikar was going to let most of the new mob changes added we would all get massacred by normal mobs.
    Good job Aikar!
    rman92011 likes this.
  6. well considering that enraged are considered in the code to be normal spawns youd probly be roflmuffled by a gang of them (and they would get stronger when grouped)
    jacob5089 likes this.
  7. Jeb and Dinnerbone both Tweeted that Sprinting was borked and should be fixed. Dinnerbone removed his tweet I think, or I can't sift through the millions of derpy retweets spammed on my feed to find it, that they pretty much had people raging at them and thinking they had really nerfed it when it was a bug.
  8. Just wait for people to start relabeling this the Bronie Update.....
    brickstrike and PandasEatRamen like this.
  9. I'm super glad EMC hasn't updated yet. The control+click combo for Mac does not work. I can't craft.
    Jcplugs likes this.
  10. It isn't that bad that we can't update yet. We are also happy with 1.5.2, aren't we? It was fun to play when 1.5.2 came, so why should that be over now there is an even newer update?
  11. I actually can't wait for the update... I like the horses. Thanks Aikar for working hard!
    cddm95ace likes this.
  12. It's worth waiting for bug free updates and it's a hell of a job to fix other people's mistakes. Keep it up!
    PandasEatRamen likes this.
  13. There's been quite a lot of work just to get this far... But at least got some see-able progress!

Still a lot to go though, as we also have to wait for 1.6.2 (we will not be updating to 1.6.1)
  14. 1.6.2 is hoped to be released tomorrow, for all who want to know :)
  15. With 1.6.2, baby horses won't commit self murder by walking next to things, basically improving horse AI, which we'd really like. I've been experimenting with 1.6.1 and found that baby horses really do not like walls of any kind...
  16. i came across that yesterday in my game... all of a sudden i heard this horrid noise, and i was like THE HELL IS THAT!?
    Maxarias likes this.
  17. LUCKY. I get sound for about the first 15 seconds my game is started, and then I hear nothing at all.

The mob aggro ranges are so terrible that I will play in nothing but peaceful. I tried playing on easy mode, and I was chilling in my house, just watching furnaces.. I look at the door, and there is this freaking horde of EVERYTHING at my door. x_x
    rman92011, mba2012, jrm531 and 2 others like this.
  18. are you using magic launcher? because it seems magic launcher is bugged and REFUSES to play sound for 1.6 update... i get sound fine on the (ugly/new/crappy) launcher.
    which also makes me mad... i can't stand that Mojang hands out releases when its complete crap... why would they even release ANYTHING with it being so horribly buggy? its crap... to me, that makes that company look lazy and they don't take their work more important since they have to hand out 6 releases... just to fix the first one.
    if i was going to release a game, i'd want that thing 100% free of bugs before i'd release it... its so annoying with all these updates.

that is about the only thing i hate about minecraft.... pointless. stupid "updates" to fix problems they should have already taken care of BEFORE they released it.
    am i the only one that feels this way?
    TomvanWijnen, Maxarias and jkjkjk182 like this.