EMC 1.6 Progress Updates

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by Maxarias, Jul 6, 2013.

1. Yeah, I'm using MagicLauncher. I don't know how to do mods any other way, and I can't live without Rei's minimap lol.

I agree though, a lot of game companies will get things out that are buggy just to meet a release date, instead of properly making sure it's running. It seems to be a very common practice for game companies. One of my favorite games, Knights of the Old Republic (1, or 2, don't remember anymore) apparently had a whole world that wasn't finished, and was a bit buggy about things, just to meet release date. :(

If they had more time, I bet it would of been 10x more awesome.
    jacob5089 likes this.
  2. magic launcher is your issue, and i can't play without rei's either... but, one good thing about this new launcher is it is simple to do mods, i can find you a video to follow (like i did) to get that to work.. its only a few steps and is simple.

i'm also glad i'm not the only one that is mad about how mojang handles minecraft updates... they should have been working on fixing the game to begin with... not a stupid new launcher that completely SUCKS ... you don't hand millions of minecraft players a launcher that is still in development mode...
    Maxarias likes this.
  3. Having seen the 1.4.7, 1.5 update plus 1.5.1 followed by 1.5.2 and 1.6 plus 1.6.1 and followed by 1.6.2 this year only (and it is only July), makes me doubt the sorrow planning of the release cycle. In 2012 there were even two updates on one day, haha, March 1st 2012.
    Seriously, being used to open source software and some other experiences, I know how hot the debate about RELEASE CYCLES can be.
    If I was a mod developer, I'd go crazy!
  4. you guys are kind of just talking about standard dev practice tho, theres no real way to predict all the faults that can come from an update so you release and listen to complaints then make bug fixes, every software company does the same thing and most dont listen half as well as mojang does
    Maxarias and PandasEatRamen like this.
  5. Agree: It is impossible to predict all of them, but one can test as many as possible. Also it would be in Mojang's best interest.
    As I understand it, a version release is something different than a bug fix. But whatever, I like the game, I am sitting behind Aikar's code firewall and was just wondering about their schedule.
  6. While this is true, I find it unacceptable that they could miss such an obvious bug as the sprinting issue. If you even play the game on a server, you would have to notice that! Either they don't care much about the game anymore, or they don't even play their own game. Its just sad when they miss the super obvious bugs.
  7. soooo, i was away all weekend and was hoping Empire would be updated by then, and it isn't :( what is holding up? its been almost a month since 1.6 has been out... lol and although i know there are custom plugins that need fixed, every single server out there is already updated., which is going to make us loose a lot of attention. lmao *sadface
  8. :( Also MagicLauncher Works for me and I get perfect sounds
  9. has it updated in the last 4 days or so? ... maybe i should delete my minecraft folder again :(
  10. Wait, does this mean no Horse entities in the mob arena? Cause you went to the MA test res and the horse diapered (I think :p)
  11. 1.6.2 has only been out for a week =P We do not update to "broken" versions, and 1.6.1 def qualifies as broken.

That was the entity limiter killing it because I was not on a residence (res's on dev server are totally borked atm, I need to fix it...)

As for progress, as mentioned in another thread, we are having to code a new "Feature" for horses. This logic has been frustrating me trying to figure out how to get it right. But I found a good compromise to get it done quicker last night.

So I'tll be quicker than I was expecting before. Hopefully by/on the weekend we can update.

Teaser: a new /stable command is being added.
  12. This=Mobarena horse Stable idea=Win :p
  13. Hey, don't know if this had been mentioned, but at least we can still play on EMC on 1.5.2 at the same time as playing on other servers and single-player in 1.6.2 thanks to the new launcher. You can have both at once, and that should be good enough to hold us all over to wait. For this I am thankful.
  14. truth
  15. Unless your my brothers friend that annoys me about fixing his "error 1" he can't play any minecraft.
  16. Fair enough, I can wait :)
    Thanks for the update on progress so far Max :D
  17. PenguinDJ, WeirdManaico and Maxarias like this.
  18. Features we're adding/fixing for horses:

• Entity limiter not murdering your horse.

• Only able to dismount on your own residence if you decide to take a ride through Town.
      (This helps reduce clutter on random people's residences, and if you visit their residences, you won't affect their entity limiter)

• Stables.. ;)
      (We'll reveal more about this later, when it's released.)

This is all wrote up in the tracker, but I felt the need to explain it here as well - without all the tech terms. :)
    PenguinDJ and WeirdManaico like this.
  19. Let me explain that one a bit more clearly - Entity Limiter won't murder your horse when you're going through Town/on Town roads, where as it would normally murder stray animals. You will most likely still affect your own limiter on your residence.
    PenguinDJ likes this.
  20. Hey.... MCPatcher.... search it up XD