EMC 1.6 Progress Updates

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by Maxarias, Jul 6, 2013.

1. That was something I was wondering about right when I saw 1.6 come out and how it would work on the server because if it wasn't for that you would have to constantly eggify and then spawn a horse to get great stats which would take a while.

Also with that, does that mean existing areas in the wild that have already been loaded before 1.6 spawn horses? I think with your change to make it so that animals spawn in here and there every now and then would fall into this category?
  2. animal spawns shouldnt be affected, although mojang did try to make it where horses arent TOO terribly common
  3. [Quote, iamfuturetrunks, post: 536953"]

Also with that, does that mean existing areas in the wild that have already been loaded before 1.6 spawn horses? I think with your change to make it so that animals spawn in here and there every now and then would fall into this category?[/quote]
    Animals have a greater chance to spawn in New chunks. Horses can still spawn, but will be more common in the wastelands which are getting reset upon the release of 1.6.

This is all according to the Wiki.
    bitemenow15 and cadgamer202 like this.
  4. Good job so far, keep tackling those pesky bugs!
  5. aikar just took something off the update tracker an hour ago, now he just has to fix maps and horse tp's i think we might be done soon!!! then mods will test out features release on thursday i thinks!!!!!!
    PandasEatRamen likes this.
  6. thursday's a whiles away.
    battmeghs likes this.
  7. well not rlly, he likely needs all the mod team to test certain things for him and come to him with complaints he didnt think about. he probly will finish the update tonight tho :D
    3ish days of beta testing an update is standard procedure
  8. Its simple, We kill the Battmeghs!
    JZH1000 likes this.
  9. :eek:
    TheSkidz likes this.
  10. Woah, that was a fail. :p
  11. An Alt! Run!
    PenguinDJ2 likes this.
  12. In perspective it is. If it releases in 3 days that will be 3 weeks before we will have updated. Which is a while.
  13. what....not sure what you are saying
  14. Basically it means it took a while because Minecraft updated to 1.6 3 weeks ago and Empire hasn't updated yet while everyone else has been updated for weeks. Usually we're updated pretty fast.
    battmeghs likes this.
  15. ahh okay well thats for obvious reasons. one being downtime if youve played on those "other servers" they likely have uncontrollable downtime as mojang compensated for hastily releasing poo code with hotfixes and patches 1.6 itself had two hotfixes the same day it was released. those servers are also having problems with the new launcher which aikar solved so even more people on those servers were unable to play for those three weeks.

look at it this way guys uninterrupted gameplay > the newest unstable version
    jacob5089 likes this.
  16. No... I've not experienced problems on other servers. I'm also not complaining. I'm just saying that it feels like ages.
    jacob5089 likes this.
  17. I hesitate to ask about all the TNT holes. :p
  18. I've only derped with horses on one other server and it was for a minigame. I had 90+ fps and the stupid things ran like I was getting 0-2fps.
  19. Yay! Looking forward to 1.6! Btw Max, you're my favorite mod/administrator! :D
    Sweetie_Pea likes this.
  20. It'll be so cool to ride a horse, can't wait! :D
    Panda_Paradise likes this.