EMC 1.6 Progress Updates

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by Maxarias, Jul 6, 2013.

1. What if your not riding your horse....you go away.... come back and it is 3 residences away :(
  2. If your horse is on your res, itll stay on your res...
    PenguinDJ likes this.
  3. Well done Aikar.
    Looks like you've been working hard, and that EMC is close to 1.6.2!
    I can not wait to ride the horses, and i'm sure a lot of other people thinks the same ;)

I've heard someone having lag issues with the 1.6.2 launcher, is that still a problem?
    PenguinDJ likes this.
  4. It's only when you downgrade to 1.5.2 on the new launcher, 1.6.2 multiplayer works fine for me, but 1.5.2 on the new launcher sucks
  5. Using a font and color eh..? :p
    Anyways, with all the commotion of updating to 1.6, and stuff, I take it that, it is making that other update that was thought of take a bit longer. I have no idea what that might be, but I do know it's different from the 1.6 update. ;)
    Faithcaster likes this.
  6. Ok, the next "hard" thing to figure out seems done!

Here is a video many will want to see... An exclusive sneak peak into the dev server, and a preview of the stable command!

shavingfoam and PenguinDJ like this.
  7. I can't see it on my phone... Why Youtube, why?!
  8. Thanks for letting us know. :)
  9. Aikar, are you making it so only you can damage your horse? If I go to another person's res will they be able to kill and steal my armor and donkey/mules' inventory?
  10. i think horses can only be killed by their owners except from alot of fall damage (atleast thats what it looks like he is setting up)
  11. right, only owners can "PVP" the horse, but also, a new flag has been added "animaldamage"
    default false like players, animals will no longer take damage in town unless the flag is set
  12. Yay! Thanks Aikar!!!
  13. What is gunna happen with selling horses? Just curious XD
  14. Is it "animals can't be damaged" or "you can't damage them"?
  15. Animals cannot be damaged except by the player.
  16. 2 parts really.

animal damage is off across the board unless player/res has animaldamage flag.

Then there will be a seperate protection for horses that only the owner can damage it.
    Biscuitboy5396 and Mindlegokid like this.
  17. Thanks for the update, Daniel.
  18. What will constitute "owner" and if I get off my horse on another's res can they "become" the owner if they are the last to ride it?
  19. i think he said earlier if youtame/eggy it you are owner. i think only way to transfer is to drop / sell the egg
  20. yes, to transfer ownership you will need to eggify it, give/sell the egg, then the new owner uses egg, and like other eggs, the horse will be a baby.

So the person needs to feed and tame it to make it theirs.

This is where stables come in. The stable system is like a seperate vault for horses/mules/donkeys. It will allow you to store a horse in its exact condition, MINUS storage inventory. Saddle and Armor will store.

Then players can resummon from the stable on any server.

Full details on the stable system will be given when released. Trying to simplify it as much as possible, but you will be able to use the stables in the wild (likely for a fee)