Early Voting in the U.S. Started!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by sgx2000, Oct 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ok so no comments about the environmental policies... all that matters is the economy and whether we watch fox news and if it's 'center' or 'centre'...... :(
    Bugmo1207 and ISMOOCH like this.
  2. Ummm, I think MSNBC is far left liberal, along with CNN.
    Cchiarell6914 and topdawg657 like this.
  3. I'd send him a Facebook friend request, but I deleted it last week. Not disabled. Deleted it. Well, deleted it as well as I could.
    Also, I have stated this before, but I will again, I can't vote, but would vote for Romney, as my moms job is in the Department of Defense.
    Cchiarell6914 likes this.
  4. thats what he was saying :p. he posted a far right and a far left news source.
  5. 1. Mitt Romney pledges energy independence for North America by 2020
    2. Romney says President Barack Obama is trying to kill traditional energy sources like coal

1. Obama takes credit for the America producing more energy at anytime in the last eight years

On both sides, the arguments run out of gas

But Obama says not so fast

"Under my administration, America is producing more oil today than at any time in the last eight years -- at any time," Obama says.

So who is telling the truth?

Despite a moratorium on offshore drilling prompted by the Deep water Horizon spill in the Gulf of Mexico two years ago, domestic oil production has surged. Oil shale and natural gas production are also up sharply.

However, much of this was set in motion years before Obama took office. While Obama has taken some steps to encourage production, he cannot claim as much credit as he would like.

Obama has, for sure, angered some oil and coal producers by steering federal money to alternative energy sources. But there is no evidence that he is trying to "shut down" traditional energy industries.

It is also not clear that Romney's plans would bring energy independence that much quicker, especially without a simultaneous focus on reducing consumption.

So on both sides, the arguments run out of gas.

Romney's claim that Obama is trying to kill off old energy is false. And Obama's claims of what he has accomplished are muddled.

I think they are both misleading.
  6. really sorry that your post got so neglected christina, but you will have to wait for either SGX ( or he could just tell you I guess) or ICC to post, as they seem to know the platforms best.
  7. You say they both run out of gas. What is wrong with leaving gas? There are a plethora of great new energy sources that can be utilized, like the liquid metal battery I mentioned earlier.

The only people hurt are the Oil Giants. But why do they not just refocus their money towards new energy to have their noses in the new market?

BTW, Obama's supposed useless stimulus, actually had a fraction dedicated to forming new energy technologies, of which 5 very probable energy sources coming out of MIT alone.
  8. all good....i was just curious to hear what ppl thought about what is happening to our environment and such. as i said, i heard somewhere that romney doesn't even know for sure if global warming is happening, which bothers me alot! everyone is so freakin concerned with their jobs and their money...none of that will matter if we don't have a planet to live on or resources to use anymore.
    tinkerbell28 and ISMOOCH like this.
  9. And again, I want to be a politician when I grow up. So, as a good politician, I would watch all the popular news channels.

And yes, Obviously I am a far right conservatives, but after debates I don't change to FOX, I change to CNN to see why they don't like Mitt Romney and also to see their points where people stand during the election.

And because of me watching all popular news channels and reading WallStreetJournal, USAToday, and theNewYorkTimes, I have come to a conclusion.
    I averaged all the polls out and it is clear, currently Mitt Romney is in the lead with and average of 50-52% Romney and 46-47% Obama. Now, the reason Obama being no higher than 47% is because all but one news station/ paper has Obama at 47%.

And to response to Aikar, CNN said that Mitt Romney made a huge pull-ahead in Virginia and North Carolina. Virginia being when Mitt Romney stated "I think we need to strengthen our navy by increasing our amounts of battleships.-Virginia being the biggest naval yard in the world.

And the person who stated "I watch fox for my daily comedy,etc." they were probably talking about Bill O'Reilly.-Man he is funny. And also has some very good political views.

Thanks,
    Hash98
    sneeker134 and BobTheTomato9798 like this.
  10. When I said that I meant in a theoretical way, not a literal way.
  11. BobTheTomato copied and pasted that last wall of text from a link I posted I believe.

anyway, have you all voted? i hope you all did! topdawg especially you, you are registered right?
  12. I don't know if this has been said but all politicians are the same. they lie in the pre election debates then go on and do something messed up.
    Cchiarell6914 and SparerToaster like this.
  13. Except Bill Clinton.. he was just being a man :p.
  14. Yeah I registered in January. Waited a long dang time for this election. I'm gonna be going up to Tallahassee to vote, since that's where I'm registered. Then stay at a friend's house and come back to St. Pete.

Edit: But why are you asking if I'm gonna vote? I'm not helping your preferred candidate.
  15. I am insulted at this as a man.
  16. If you vote for Pedro, all of your wildest dreams will come true.
  17. when Americans vote, America wins.
  18. #respect
    Cchiarell6914 likes this.
  19. Yes.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.