Early Voting in the U.S. Started!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by sgx2000, Oct 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Well you don't have a country to save. ;) The UK isn't in the mess that America is.
    Cchiarell6914 likes this.
  2. Yeah, no. Drudge Report doesn't make my list of reputable sites.

I did read the link to the Reuters story. So Obama was aware that a terrorist organization claimed responsibility for the attack and Obama claimed it was a terrorist attack but didn't give the specifics during the speech about who claimed responsibility because they wanted to finish the investigation first.

Yeah, it obviously was a horrible thing that happened but I'm still not seeing anything damning yet. Show me how Romney would've done something differently because from Romney's own mouth he hasn't said anything about it.
  3. Really?
    Look at this!:

thats serious for us! Over the last couple of years we have been in a recession!

Also didn't Obama want to bring in free health care to USA? We have that! :D
    Squizzel_Boy likes this.
  4. Drudge Report literally is like an archive of all the major reputable news sites out there. It's often called: "Leaning a little left of center with a conservative tone." Haha. Can't get much center than that, imo. However, I've looked at a lot of sites in my years and none will ever make anyone completely happy unless they're LOOKING for a left/right site and hoping to call it "fair".
  5. What are we looking at in the picture exactly? I'm kinda confused.
  6. Well in the UK when I was about 7-9 I brought a Freddo a little chocolate bar, it was 10p witch was cheap now they are 20p! Witch is a rip off for what you get, so in a overall Im awesome!
  7. Ah gotcha. I didn't relate the #P to money, haha.
    dylan_frenette and Cchiarell6914 like this.
  8. the stories about the attack talk about the CIA sending out talking points about the youtube video and then the State Department and Obama mentioning them but Obama did state it was a terrorist attack the day after it occurred. our government definitely isn't perfect so i'm not going to defend them and said they did everything just as we all would've liked to have them do but i also don't think Obama did anything so wrong that a republican president wouldn't have also done.

so yeah, definitely an important story to pay attention to. a total LOL that rush limbaugh's site was included in a list of reputable news sites.

the election is still about obama and romney, unless you're going to go 3rd party... and romney hasn't explained how he would've done anything differently. all he did was agree with obama.
  9. :p Gotta love it! Read (think red to make sense) the last bit?
  10. someone give nfell some cheap candy please
  11. Okay and that's your biggest issue over there? That's kinda like our gas going from ONE DOLLAR in the BUSH administration to FOUR dollars (at some points) in the OBAMA administration. The caps just for a little emphasis. lol
    Cchiarell6914 likes this.
  12. I am sorry but you statement is invalid. When Romney said that he never called it a terroist attack I was not sure so I went to YouTube and watched the full Rose Garden speech. Guess what? Obama never did call it a terrorist attack. If you would like to watch it for yourself here is the video:

If you are still not convinced here is a copy of the transcript:
    Whitehouse.gov
    Forextv.com

And for your pleasure here is a video from the debate:
    jkjkjk182, topdawg657 and IcecreamCow like this.
  13. topdawg, the president has no control over gas prices. so the price would be four dollars a gallon regardless of who was president.
    nfell2009 likes this.
  14. Its serious cheese!
    Sainsbury stopped their own brand chocolate at only 23p!! Now what do I eat in school when im trying to go to sleep!
    USA Attacked someone? UK gets dragged into that (WW1 + WW2)
  15. from the transcript:

"No acts of terror will ever shake the resolve of this great nation, alter that character, or eclipse the light of the values that we stand for. Today we mourn four more Americans who represent the very best of the United States of America. We will not waver in our commitment to see that justice is done for this terrible act. And make no mistake, justice will be done."

that bolded part right there is where he is referring to the Benghazi attack as a "act of terror"

so yeah, i'm capable of reading and what i said was true.
  16. Not 100% true. We have a lot of reserves that political leaders for years have blocked from us drilling due to 'nature' even though it's wanted by majority of the people. I don't care if they're liberal or republican, I will give major props to the first Pres with the balls to finally go through with it.
  17. Once again not a true statement. Here is why,

1. The Supply and Demand Factor.
    Fuel demand from China, India and Brazil -- three countries with a combined population of 2.7 billion -- is the chief factor behind rising prices. China's fuel demand increased 12 percent in 2010. Meanwhile Saudi oil production has fallen, as AEI's Steve Hayward told me. Perhaps the Saudis are pulling back after overstating their reserves, in which case we're in serious trouble. Or perhaps they're accepting higher prices in the short term to spend more money on their people to avoid a Libya-type revolution, in which case the production shortfall should be temporary. Either way, supply matters and there's less of it.

2. The Middle East.
    Break the past year in gas prices into three phases. First, in the summer and fall of 2010, gas prices were pretty steady around $2.80. Second, beginning in the late fall, they started to climb gradually for six months. Third, since February, they have increased dramatically. What happened in February? Revolutions swept the Middle East, then Libya descended into civil war and its oil production fell by more than 50%. Ongoing uncertainty about the region continues to push up prices.

3. The Weak Dollar.
    A falling dollar can be good for Americans. It makes our exports more attractive and imports less attractive, which keeps more money in the U.S. economy. Unfortunately, as the dollar loses value, oil becomes more expensive.

4. The Summer.
    The EIA estimates that good weather and vacations cause U.S. summer gasoline demand to be 5 percent higher than during the rest of the year. Better weather means more vacations, which means more gasoline use. Think of it as a naturally occurring demand enhancer.

5. The Speculation Factor.
    Oil speculation -- investors betting up the price of oil in the futures market -- is a controversial factor in rising gas prices, and Hayward doesn't believe it's a deciding factor. Burned by the bust of oil prices in the 2009, it's unlikely that oil speculators are back in the market bidding up the price of crude. But it's a possible, if marginal, factor.

6. The Drill, Drill, Drill Argument.
    The U.S. can drill all it wants but it's hard to find anybody who expects greater domestic production to move gas prices by more than, say, two percentage points in the next six months. The problem is that the market for oil is global and U.S. supply is too small to make an impact.

Now I would like to take a moment and talk about #3. Our currency is being devalued by the never ending debt. Oil is priced in U.S. dollars. As the purchasing power of the dollar decreases on the world stage, the price at the pump naturally increases. It also doesn’t help that this President is more than happy to give $2 billion of our money to Brazil to drill there, but won’t allow exploration at home.
    JustinGuy likes this.
  18. It's debatable what effect opening up the reserves would have on the price of gas. It's also debatable what effect these pipelines would have especially consider that you'd have to offset the gain of gas by the loss of wilderness and wildlife. It's all about priorities.

The thing about gas prices are that we need the price of gas to stay high to keep pressure on car manufacturers to give us better fuel mileage cars. If the price of gas was $1 then there would be no need for that and we'd just continue on polluting our planet.

Removed...
  19. Since when can you read peoples minds? I would like to ask how do you know that he was referring to the Benghazi attack.

The legal term of "act of terrorism" is never used.

CLICK TO READ ABOUT THE LEGAL DEFINITION OF THE WORD "TERRORISM"

Under the video is a press release later distributed by the Whitehouse that includes the word "terror" used in the generic sense, not referring to "terrorism" or "terrorist act". The choice of words is not a trivial matter in White House parlance, and the word "terrorist act" has an historic and specific meaning. Nor did any of the official Whitehouse statements in the following two weeks refer to "terrorist act." Nor did President Obama refer to the attack as a "terrorist act."
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.