[Dragon Tombs Exposed] Sharing the Knowledge with the community!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Bro_im_infinite, Mar 15, 2015.

?

How long have YOU been waiting for DragonTombs?

>3 Years 36 vote(s) 35.3%
3 Years 13 vote(s) 12.7%
2 Years 20 vote(s) 19.6%
1 Year 13 vote(s) 12.7%
<1 Year 20 vote(s) 19.6%
  1. If it taste like chicken?
    Bro_im_infinite likes this.
  2. I used my time machine to find out when Dragon Tombs would be released. It turns out it will be released in 34 days (Aikar time). That means it will be released on March 26, 2017 (737 days in real time).

When you defeat the dragon, you will get around 10,000 tokens, depending on how much you contributed to the fight (assuming you have slain the dragon with the help of other players). A dragon egg is given to each player as well. What's really cool about the dragon is that has a custom look, even in VANILLA Minecraft.

Another thing I can say is that the roar of the dragon is something people have heard at the opening of the new mob arena (the current one today). I predicted that sound to be the roar of the dragon on that day because I have never heard it before, and it turns out that it is the dragon's roar.

IcecreamCow also came back to EMC, along with JustinGuy, I believe. :)

lol
  3. I heard that its only 2/4 done with the updates.
  4. well.. only 2/4 has been Released, im sure with all this time they are atleast slightly farther than that in their test server.
  5. True.
  6. Without further information, we can't really do anything but speculate and wait.
    schrodingers-cat.jpg
    TechNinja_42 likes this.
  7. What's wrong with this thread?
  8. These need to be released already, been waiting way too long.
  9. ikr
  10. Looks like it wont be released anytime soon.
    Ultimamaxx likes this.
  11. I haven't been around but for like two months. I'm uninterested in the hype though, I can play a multitude of servers with dragons. I want empires in the frontier. This is empire minecraft. To me that aspect should be priority one over anything that isn't game breaking. Like you said though, "it's hype" and the staff themselves have committed to the allure of dragon tombs so if empires ever comes out, im sure it won't be until after dragon tombs.
    Standsinlava and Bro_im_infinite like this.
  12. ^ This x 1000
    Gawadrolt likes this.
  13. An Empire in the Frontier is simplistically called an outpost. That is why people have made places such as Carthaga. It's for the wildies. That is the catch. There is the people that want Dragon Tombs, and then there is the people who want the "Empire in the Frontier". As much as I agree that is a very interesting idea, there is already a kind of system implemented that relates to what you said heavily. Outposts are literally Empires in the wild, and you can choose to live a wild life or a town life. That is simply my opinion. :)
    Rainbowpony1000 likes this.
  14. The name of what it is is not the issue. Having an empire that you can quickly teleport to, have control over and not have to worry about griefing is the features that have been alluded to, of course with others expected due to natural evolution of the server.

There has been far more focus on promos/name changes/dragon tombs, IMHO. Contrare, there isn't really a system in place as much as there is a prelude to make the implementation of the ACTUAL system go a "little" smoother for the staff when it comes to land claims.

As it stands the outpost i spend most of my time at which can't be classified as an "empire" or "outpost" is much more convenient than going out hours into the unknown and having to travel for hours. I can quickly get back to town unlike other outposts, quickly supply stock and am relatively safe from griefers. I know that many people that have spent the time to create their 50k long minerails like to think they are much safer from griefers than I am but honestly the way it is no one is truly safe from griefers and my risk is only a very slight bit more where my convenience is SOOOO much more than those that are way way out. Our outpost is bigger than many(not all by a long shot) and we can expand in almost any direction without impeding on others.

Now, if empires was implemented the allure of the frontier would increase greatly and building giant communities and empires across the frontier would not only be much easier and convenient, we would be able to bring all the towny carebears out and get much more help. It's not just a difference in what you call it. It is literally the namesake of the server.

Edit: I won't post on empires anymore, as this is a dragon tombs post, obviously. Just my little input. :p

Second edit: The empires implementation would also bring towns and empires closer. it wouldn't make town obsolete but more a part of the "wildies" and the "wildies" more a part of town.
  15. The reason we haven't seen Empires yet is that the original/current idea is that they require dragon eggs from dragon tombs to be claimed.
  16. http://empireminecraft.com/threads/why-aikar-has-his-own-time.33374/
    I'm going to weigh in here...
    It's obvious that dragon tombs are forefront in everyone's mind. I believe that the developers and others who are in charge of this should take note. The public is actively saying that they want to see dragon tombs over other features. If the development of dragon tombs continues as it is, with little to no progress being publicly made known, then more players than have already done so will leave.
    Aikar - if dragon tombs are never going to happen except for another three years, tell us. The community wants to know. Don't leave us in the dark any longer than has already been done.
    PenguinDJ and deathconn like this.
  17. How should I relax if it's in a while, how long is that?!
  18. Maybe Krysyy is Resyk (or Resik, I forgot the dragon's name...)
  19. Maybe this is Resik:

#exposed