[Dragon Tombs Exposed] Sharing the Knowledge with the community!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Bro_im_infinite, Mar 15, 2015.

?

How long have YOU been waiting for DragonTombs?

>3 Years 36 vote(s) 35.3%
3 Years 13 vote(s) 12.7%
2 Years 20 vote(s) 19.6%
1 Year 13 vote(s) 12.7%
<1 Year 20 vote(s) 19.6%
  1. to be honest i think that everything else needs to be put on hold, the last thing i heard there was a series of stages that aikar had lined out, and we were on the third one which was implementation. as much as i love yall i think enough is enough, either implement land claiming and scrap the dt thing, or put everything else on hold and push it out. this past year ive seen hardly any wild updates other then design team, and a whole lot of townie additions, in the time it took to make those someone could of made atleast a crappy design for dragontombs and released it as a beta.

and yes i know aikar has been busy with work, but couldnt he put chicken on some of the sidework for dt and atleast get the framework out there? wasnt there a big thread a year ago about staff transparency? why is everything suddenly all hush hush again and the normal players are left in the dark?

he put alot of work into getting our numbers up and said dt would follow that, well numbers are up, i can hardly get on smp6 if im not a supporter so cmon.

again i want to emphasize that i appreciate all the contributing factors, of him being busy and staff trying to fix what they can but certainly you can see where im coming from?
  2. Pls no. I do not need more people trying to connect to the same full server as me.
    fishmeal and Bro_im_infinite like this.
  3. the smp's are getting to full they should open a couple more smps then the DT's
    Bro_im_infinite likes this.
  4. Incorrect - they're running 1.8 now - some are even pushing for players to use 1.8 clients. The hub servers, yes, are generally 1.7, but a decent chunk of the games themselves are 1.8.

Bukkit is no longer the problem. Spigot 1.8 exists.
  5. Very True.

It has actually been longer than 2.5 years.

Does anyone know when DT was originally announced ?
    That should be added to the EMC Time line :D:
    http://empireminecraft.com/wiki/timeline/

But personally, Wild Land Claiming (Grief Proofing), is more important to me, and this is supposed to be called "Empires", also years in development.
  6. It should be noted (not official); that I hope to start working on some land claiming implementation after my curent line of projects. Realistically, I could not even start on that till summer since I am overloaded with classes.
    cadgamer101 and Bro_im_infinite like this.
  7. This is kind of a frustrating announcement. How not officially are you talking? We have been begging for years for this to happen and we have been told it will not happen without dragon tombs. I want to believe you. I have always been fond of you as a staff member, I want to believe what you are saying. It just terrifies me to get my hopes up.
    jacob5089 and Bro_im_infinite like this.
  8. Dragon Tombs is like a unicorn. We're a while away from making one.

I don't know much about programming, especially for Minecraft, but I still know it takes a while of testing and everything. Honestly, I would laugh if the staff decided to spite everyone and take a genie's take on the wish, so to say. Ergo, they would work on Dragon Tombs and pump it out, leaving everything behind. Then players would complain about the lack of frontier claiming or the lack of new promos or anything. There aren't enough people on the Empire Minecraft staff team who can code to do everything as fast as people want it, I would assume. It's a lot of balancing work that we're seeing and complaining about. I mean, I'm certainly not a glass-half-full kind of guy, but man, everyone's being pessimistic about what the staff is doing. Just look at the stuff they -are- adding, rather than what comes out later than expected. You can't reach greatness if you aspire to only what you know you can handle. The EMC team may have taken off more than they could chew, but hey, they're trying at least.
    SkareCboi and ItsMeMatheus like this.
  9. Forget the complaining. I demand Dragon Tombs within 4 months of today. If its not out. I will go absolute COoCooo!!!!
  10. Everybody, please relax!

Dragon Tombs will arrive in a while.
  11. <3
  12. I hope that these larger projects get trimmed down a bit for now. Dragon tombs adds some fun content, but Empires lets people "play their way". Land claiming and teleports open up the entire world for people to build safely and travel quickly to. I think both projects are a little too big right now, and would love to see just a chunk from each within year, instead of nothing for a couple years.

Current mentioned roadmap as I know it:
    Additional Plots(temp fix) > 1.8 > Game Server > Dragon Tombs v3 > .....faded off here, if he got back on roadmap it would be Empires though and then Town Improvements (auto generated plots, multiple sizes and voter max res rewards).

We're also growing much faster than we expected before. That pushes things like plots and game servers higher on the list and may continue to step in front of longer term plans.

EMC is pretty amazing. It's where I spend all of my minecraft time and minecraft money. They've worked hard to make something for everyone and to keep things open and free. Sure, I'd love some more transparency and suggested dates (even if 2 years from now), but thats what I do for a living and EMC has to decide what works for their team and audience.
  13. all i have to say is as follows. yes they are working on things they mentioned in the past but think of all the events that happened between then and now or at least over the past year that came into play and had to be focused on that played a big part in the delay or push back of DT. there was 1.8/EULA/name changes as the main events that really messed with all the servers which made it hard to continue on what they were doing so they had to stop and take care of those events so they didn't have to run into all issues. there are also things like server growth and the means to expand and make room for new incomers because just from the time ive been around the server has really grown which is really great. im not trying to argue but more certainly bring up things that played a big part in slowing other projects down. and yes that thing called life plays a big role in this as well for all server owners/staff. life doesn't always play fair and wait for you.
  14. Could not agree more.
    kevmeup likes this.
  15. To be completely honest, it's been so long I actually forgot about Dragon Tombs completely. I feel like Half-Life 3 will come out before Dragon Tombs.

In all seriousness, I haven't played EMC in a while but from my occasional lurking on the forums, it appears the Dev's are working hard on other things to improve EMC, and Dragon Tombs would take up a lot of time. You'll get used to waiting eventually.
    jacob5089 likes this.
  16. I found ur out post >: D

17. Empire Minecraft does go to the next updates over time, but they have a ton of custom plugins that all have to be updated and stable before the server can update.
    EDIT: In my mind, that made no sense. But I hope people understand my point because I'm not changing what I said.
  18. I am more interested in the wild land claiming (outposts). That is what I'm looking forward to. :)
  19. The plan for DT was a good one, the idea was a good one, it was at or toward the end of 2012 when it first came to light, then the light went out, now and then it flickers. Sadly to date it has not appeared and I doubt it ever will as there always seems to be something more important to fix.
  20. They should scrap the idea and work on something new.