Dragon Cave [Forum Signature Game]

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Ritunn, Dec 11, 2016.

1. Nah, just trying to extend the lineage I currently have.
  2. When your totally lost among y'all, all I know is my Magi Dragon: Views: 457Uni.Views: 168Clicks: 6
  3. What would you like me to explain more about?
  4. I tried it out

5. I'll be home at 2:30ish PM EMC time. I'll post a write up on this thread at that time with visual pointers. Hope I'll help. :) I'd do it now, but you know... school... And phones are terrible for formatting. :p
  6. Yeah, I know what you mean Slvr, and thanks guys, I think I'm getting the hang of it :p
  7. That's good!

So, Dragon Cave eggs and hatchlings grow via clicks, unique views, and views. A view is whenever someone sees the dragon such as by clicking on your scroll, or having its avatar loaded on a webpage (such as the ones in signatures). Unique views occur whenever a specific IP address sees your dragon. Clicks occur just by that - someone clicking on your dragon. All of these things can gauge how fast your dragons grow.

Certain sites, such as Eggs Around the World, the Allure of Neglected Dragons, etc, all allow people to passively view your dragons. This sort of mass-viewing platform can be put in a separate window, and will still count as you viewing the dragons there. You can add your dragons to these sites such that other people may view them and give them many more views and clicks than they already have.

Eggs, hatchlings, and winged hatchlings are the ones that are in danger of death from lack of views/clicks. I have noticed that most of my dragons seem to become adults when they have 6100-7500 views. Here's an image of a dragon's line, spanning from egg to adulthood-

Note that there is a special kind of dragon that can come from waiting until the last few minutes of a dragon's life before posting it and unfogging it to be viewed...

A Neglected Dragon comes about from an egg that has been deprived of views up until the last few minutes of its life. The hyperlinked wiki page details the process, however, one basically fogs or keeps an egg from getting more than 10 views until its last few minutes - 3-8 minutes - of life before allowing it to receive views. Most hatchery sites, as linked above, offer an "ER" section which basically guarantees the egg will hatch (though if you aren't fast enough about uploading it to the sites, the egg may die). This occurrence is still pretty rare, though, and will not always result in a successful Neglected Dragon.

There are many other fun things about in Dragon Cave, but these are some of the basics on viewing and whatnot. The tidbit about the Neglected Dragon was just a fun thing thrown in; it's something I am currently working on because I want to try to collect at least 1 of all the breeds of dragons on Dragon Cave.

There are other special dragons (or... non-dragons!) around, too. :)
  8. Sweet Slvr, thanks! As you can see, my army of dragons is growing :eek:
  9. I have 4 adults and 4 new hatchlings!
  10. Wow, I remember this from a few years back. It's been a while, so I don't remember a whole lot about it.
    I should randomly drop rare eggs every now and then for someone to see and catch.
  11. I like this idea!
    I'm... not 100% sure what that is, but I snatched it up. :D I think I'm going to start doing that too!
  12. I would like a rare egg :p I wish I had rares to give to people
  13. http://dragcave.wikia.com/wiki/Tinsel_Dragon
    Keep an eye out, I guess.
    Slvr likes this.
  14. That's a neat idea.
    Slvr likes this.
  15. I got two rares tonight both from valentines day 2009 :)
    607 likes this.
  16. Just an update everyone: the Valentine's Day events are underway!

For a week, past Valentine's Day dragons are breedable. These dragons will typically produce more than one egg, with only one kept on that user's scroll and the rest automatically abandoned. That means the AP is FULL of Valentine's Day dragon eggs!

Which are which?
    This lovely, velvety pink egg is the Arsani Dragon, an all-female species distributed on Valentine's Day of 2013.
    This pink-banded egg is the Rosebud Dragon, an all-female species distributed on Valentine's Day of 2011.
    This pink-dusted and speckled eggis the Valentine Dragon, an all-female species distributed during Valentine's Day of 2009. This was also the first Valentine's Day Dragon.
    This swirled egg is the all-male Radiant Angel Dragon, distributed during Valentine's Day of 2014.
    This velvety red egg is the Heartseeker Dragon, distributed during Valentine's Day 2012 and are all male.
    This heart-stamped egg is theHeartstealing Dragon, an all-female species distributed during Valentine's Day of 2015.
    This pink-clouded egg is Sweetling, the all-male species distributed during Valentine's Day of 2010.
    This red-violet egg is the Mutamore Dragon, the all-male species distributed during Valentine's Day of 2016.

I have seen ALL of these eggs in the AP in just this morning!
    Of course, there's also going to be a new Valentine's Day dragon in the cave come this Valentine's Day.
    Speaking of all of this, I personally picked these two up this morning:

Rosebud Dragon and Sweetling respectively.

What are your plans for Valentine's Day on Dragon Cave?
    607 likes this.
  17. Slvr, what do you mean by the AP? How can I snatch some up from there... or can I even snatch some fromt here?
  18. Wait ... I found it :p which eggs should I grab?

EDIT: I just nabbed this one :p

I also grabbed this one (EDIT Pt2)

(EDIT Pt3) I grabbed this one
    607 and Slvr like this.
  19. And my post is broken... :p I'll fix that momentarily
    EDIT: "momentarily" became never will do so as soon as I get home lol
    607 likes this.
  20. The Valentines dragons are really nice I must say.
    607 likes this.