Do Not Update! 25/10/12 - 10/25/12

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by nfell2009, Oct 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. will we be alerted when it's safe to update?
  2. Yes you will be. One of 2 things will tell you it is safe to update.
    1. There will be something new on the Website Front Page which basically will say. Yada yada yada, Safe to update to 1.4. yada, yada, yada...

OR....
    2. When you try to Connect to an EMC server it will say something to the effect of: Outdated Client.
  3. But honestly, i don't think the version affects the ability of you not being able to play on a server ... because the update changes take place in your minecraft-1.2.5.jar and minecraft-1.3.1.jar and so on ... and at same time updates in your minecraft.jar ... so last time when emc was on 1.2.5 ...i went ahead and updated ... but i just went in and made a second version of each, renamed them - and then updated both initial ones using mcpatcher ... and switched them - that way i was able to play on emc on 1.2.5 ... and then back out without having to switch files and play on 1.3.1 on singleplayer :p ... but whatever works :D
  4. Not everyone can figure out how to do that though. Not everyone knows that EMC has to wait for bukkit before the server can be updated. Etc.
  5. True ... Also - if someone does forget, and they do update - he/she can always download a version switcher (not version changer ; changers completely change the .jar ... swicher keeps mutliple .jars and you can switch between version) for example http://digiex.net/minecraft/mcvtool/ ... i used to use this one - but it later started giving me problems with the whole mcpatcher, and updates ... but after i got around that and tried installing reis minimap - BAM! it like instantly gave me a loading error on all .jar versions - so i had to completely make a new .minecraft bin ... so maybe a different type of switcher - but just as a suggestion, one could temporarily be used.
  6. How exactly does this work? I accidentally updated, then checked this website. Is there a way I can un-update or something? I know my residence won't be deleted because I can get on on my brother's computer though.
  7. So... when will Empire most likely be updated?
  8. 3-4 days probably, that's the usual time
  9. Ok, thanks for the answer!:)
  10. We always work as hard as possible to update Empire Minecraft when Mojang releases game updates. One reason we can't update instantly is that the Mojang updates always have bugs. Many times the bugs are serious and would cause real problems on EMC,. Another reason is that we have to wait for Bukkit to update the API's we build on top of. This once again adds another place for serious bugs that usually take a couple days to get sorted out. Once they do this then we have to update our custom plugins and add handling for any new features added to the game. Hope this helps :) I am excited for the updates!
  11. Justin! Thanks for liking! Can you PM me please? Include IcC I want to talk to you.
  12. So when will you be updating this I meen well I havent updated yet but still please tell me when you will update :rolleyes:

13. 4-5 Days read other posts please.

14. YAAAAY! 1.4 is here!!!
  15. if i updated is there any way to go back. can i uninstall minecraft and reinstall without the update?
  16. No, when you download Minecraft it installs the latest version, it runs its .exe file on Windows witch creates these files
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.