Do Not Update! 25/10/12 - 10/25/12

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by nfell2009, Oct 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The wither is amazing and imo should be left in untouched. Remember we're a survival server, so some destruction is to be expected. Remember, it takes quite a bit to make a wither, so at this point, creepers are still more of a threat to you in the wild than a wither is.
  2. Just please, for the sake of all things good, remember to disable the Wither in town...
  3. What about logging who spawned it, and where they spawned it?
  4. Well, here's the worst case scenario we came up with. Someone does all the work to get the stuff to spawn one. Then they travel for ages to find a wild base worth griefing to them and spawn it. The monster attacks the person and kills them, then despawns since there's not an active chunk anymore, haha.

I mean honestly, an efficiency IV pick is more dangerous to a wild base than a wither boss.
  5. Actually, i dont think it despawns.
  6. Efficeincy IV, Lava, and Flint steel + LLO= What happen to us couple weeks ago but all repaired now :)
  7. Ah really?

Even so though. I think that this situation is so rare to happen that it wouldn't be worth just removing it all together. If you happen to be at a base where one is spawned, run away from the base and get it to chase you away while you battle it for the epic star of whateverness, lol.
    dylan_frenette and jkjkjk182 like this.
  8. But we can sell things so it wont be hard! People will get the heads in no time, so they will sell them about, what about someone spawning from logging in and dieing? Or the wither flying round to kill everything?
  9. Sorry but You said "yogscast". The Yogscast has many members not just lewis and Simon and well they exactly aren't the most efficient and strategic. I bet duncan could have killed the WITHER with his bare hands. Plus you can just call Bear Grills over here. He'll be happy to sleep inside the wither for the night.
  10. Just giving advice

NEVER PLEA THE 5TH OUTSIDE AMERICA

Dont do it!!!!
  11. Lol, you couldnt wait for IcC to but up justin's thread :p
  12. Icecream burn.
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  13. I think you mean brain freeze :p
  14. Just depends where In the the world were i can use it. It would depend wants the relations between US and the country I'm at. Blah blah if was in France contact the US Embassy and follow with that it just depends where your at. Fellow Member prolly explain it better than me but this want i came up after 5 min of thinking about it also There could be wall of text explaining more detail but don't want offtopic. The reason I said I plea the 5th because I had opinion about Nfell but keeping to myself.

*sorry if grammar sucks took some meds and kinda loopy :)
  15. Oh ok, thanks. :)
  16. I thought it was the Pretty Scary Update?

Yeah. I tested it out. As far as I know, the Withers will be roaming the wild forever until defeated.
    Dwight5273 and jkjkjk182 like this.
  17. *facepalm* yes it... Shame on me -

the Withers won't cause any destruction though if the Chunk isn't loaded
    penfoldex likes this.
  18. :p

Right. But they still roam…right? At least they did when I last checked.
  19. they shouldn't roam... I suppose this is the question that should be asked that only someone like Aikar would be able to answer. Does the Wither keep that chunk loaded? if so it would continue roaming, destroying stuff, etc. Otherwise, is it like an non-hostile mob that doesn't "despawn" but presumably stops moving when a player isn't close enough to load up that particular chunk...
  20. Hm. The Wither probably moved when I got inside the chunk to look for it again.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.