Do Not Update! 25/10/12 - 10/25/12

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by nfell2009, Oct 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nononononono, (sorry for excessive Nos) The pretty scary uptate was going to be released today, but the pushed it to tomorrow.
  2. I agree. I've only recently gotten all my mods from 1.2 installed and working(somewhat) again. By the time they all are updated for 1.4, we'll be staring 1.5 in the eyes. Hopefully they've worked out the 1.3 bugs, at least.
    nfell2009 likes this.
  3. Ikr? It's like Apple and their dang iPhones. "HEY NEW RELEASE!" *two days later* "Okay folks, let's get working on the next version!"
    penfoldex, nfell2009 and SoulPunisher like this.
  4. I thought it was: "Okay folks, we think were the best cus were Apple lets get google back cus we messed everything else up." xD

Also this is on front page :D
  5. Front page? What?
  6. Oh yeah I know it's on the front page but I was confused as to why you were pointing that out.
    chickeneer likes this.
  7. Yes
  8. It was never set to release on Halloween day. They just called it the Halloween Update because it was around Halloween. When they released a release date it was the 24th from the start. Then they changed it to the 25th due to bug fixes.
  9. It has never been called the Halloween update technically. It is the Really Scary Update
    nfell2009 likes this.
  10. True! Because of its new scary features being added into Minecraft like Wither and Witches they will proberly add the "Wither" next
  11. Pretty scary for Aikar, working out all the glitches to come. :p
    Pab10S and jkjkjk182 like this.
  12. This is something wed have to manually turn off, but the derelict policy generally only reclaims once your at 25+ days.

If it takes up to 15 days to get us updated, then yeah we can turn it off, but Bukkit should be alot faster in updates now.
    Bukkit gets early access to source updates now iirc so they should be updated ALOT faster, and our Spigot usage usually auto applies updates to bukkits update, and is much faster in turnaround then the previous CraftBukkit++, so that should be no delay.

We will have to tweak a few things, but currently no plans to restrict Wither at this time, but things like Item Frames and such may need some code written for protection in Residence so we cant update immediately upon new release, but we can't write the code for those things until Bukkit is released.

We will do it as quick as we can, but should be less than 2 weeks if Bukkit is on it quick.
    cnquast and IamSaj like this.
  13. You must stop the wither! I think it should just be blocked really there is no other use for it
  14. Nether star = The most useful thing ever made IMO, I'd love to get 4 beacons on my residence.
    cnquast and jkjkjk182 like this.
  15. Um what!!! it shouldn't be blocked. You need to think about everyone mister.
    what about people who film on the server? they need the wither
    cnquast likes this.
  16. Oh yeah, maybe a arena? They spawn every hour? Or something then we wont have the wild blown to bits when they spawn
    codygraw101 and Jeanzl2000 like this.
  17. Well, by the knowledge of I, Yogscast coudn't beat "The Wither" so that makes me lean to NOBODY CAN DEFEAT THE WITHER. Simple logic here folks.
    codygraw101 and jkjkjk182 like this.
  18. Except Etho, of course!;)
    cnquast and xI_LIKE_A_PIGx like this.
  19. I've taken the witherdown with full iron, Diamond sword and a regen
    cnquast and xI_LIKE_A_PIGx like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.