Do Not Update! 25/10/12 - 10/25/12

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by nfell2009, Oct 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I just realized, 1.4 is going to be released on my 200th day.:p
    missdeedee68, mba2012 and codygraw101 like this.
  2. This gets pinned to the homepage once an update comes out anyway, so was there really a point into making this thread?
  3. Isn't it the 31st?
    cnquast, xI_LIKE_A_PIGx and Twitch1 like this.
  4. I need to update, the pumpkin pie is calling me, its too strong......
    Dwight5273 likes this.
  5. Typically it would go up at least a few days in advance... Otherwise we will get flooded with the threads complaining they updated without checking the homepage... Still inevitable, but now we are 2 days away rather than 1 so it would make sense to go up a.s.a.p. to warn those who do not research outside of EMC for Minecraft news and info... :)
  6. Anyways, ICC, er someone more "official" probably should have posted this.
  7. Yeah, just trying to help people :p I thought it normally comes on but havn't seen it so didn't know what was happening
  8. To those posting negative things about nfell for making this suggesting he's "seeking attention" please take a break from the internet and go get some fresh air. You are the ones who look like you're seeking attention in my book. No need to be rude to someone who's simply trying to help everyone else out, jeesh.
  9. To avoid confusion for people that don't read through the comments - I changed the Date to the 25th. It is still important that people know about it ahead of time.

Edit: I agree with IcC on this by the way. It needed to be posted. This update is no different from any other in regards to not updating till EMC has an update from Bukkit
  10. *Applaud*
  11. You also forgot to put that the derelict policy will not be enforced during the update period.
  12. I don't believe it was disabled last time, we (staff) just didn't perform manual ones during this time.
  13. Given estimate of when Emc will be updated to 1.4?
  14. Aikar will likely post here with updated info as the devteam progresses through integration of the new update.
    southpark347 likes this.
  15. Oooooohh, doesn't that sounds technical. :p
  16. That hasn't been truly necessary since I think the 1.2 update. It took over an entire week for EMC to update and could have put people on the derelict list during that week in that case.
  17. Thank you Nfell for posting this :). May seem like a pointless post but I felt like it needed something positive with all the negativity posted :/
  18. Hey I think it's a pretty thoughtful idea to copy and paste the thread to refresh people's memories about not updating. Personally though, I'm not looking forward to 1.4 because it means we have to re-do our mods, like Rei's Minimap etc. :(
  19. On an unrelated note: I thought EMC was running off Spigot? Or is Aikar running it off his own Bukkit?

Fact: Bukkit has alot of packages, and could be done in less packages, which is why Bukkit is so messy with its coding.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.