[DENIED] Should staff make the world seed public

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by TheFryedmans, Aug 4, 2018.

?

Should staff make the world seed public

Poll closed Sep 4, 2018.
Yes 4 vote(s) 21.1%
No 14 vote(s) 73.7%
Other put down below 1 vote(s) 5.3%
  1. throwback to when you could see the world seed in the f3 menu
    FadedMartian, Jelle68, 607 and 2 others like this.
  2. In wild and waste one can map out and x ray on a single player world and come into EMC knowing the location of goodies. It seems a bit broken to me. Sorry, I have to go -1 for this.
    ThaKloned likes this.
  3. Oh, right! Was that abused on EMC?
    FadedMartian likes this.
  4. I don't recall it ever being abused. I think they added the option to disable it in the server files and EMC pounced on that opportunity? Not sure. Not even sure if it's still a thing in single player to be perfectly honest.
  5. Just to say I have reversed my position 1 question though how about a thing in the f3 screen that says slime chunk

6. No.
    Yes, this is vanilla minecraft. Yes, this is possible in survival once you know the seed. It would take some effort to redo on EMC, seeing some code parts are different, but that'd be worth it.

(Skip to 3:40 if you're not interested in the rest of the video)
    Silken_thread likes this.
  7. And this is a old is thread how did people find it again lol
  8. Not possible without knowing the seed. But besides that, they probably don't want to tell everyone where the slime chunks are. That's up to us to explore and find.
  9. It was removed in multiplayer February 29th, 2012. But EMC updated later, of course.
    It was removed in singleplayer as well 3 months later.
  10. Weird. That's six years of me not noticing, despite playing Minecraft regularly from 2010 all the way up to 2015. I blame the fact I didn't have glasses until I stopped playing often.
  11. I don't think any amount of "effort" would make this possible on EMC. It looks like it's abusing an exploit, which also isn't going to happen on EMC regardless of effort :)

I think this might be an open suggestion because I remember hearing it before :)
    Esrik likes this.
  12. I don't think this would be relevant for players would go hog wild if staff chose the seed and also would receive a bit of backlash.

-7 from me