[DEBATE] Presidential Election - 2016 (closing Nov 22)

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Erektus, Sep 9, 2015.

?

VOTE

Donald Trump (R) 138 vote(s) 50.0%
Hillary Clinton (D) 138 vote(s) 50.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Why yes. Yes it is.
    SoulPunisher and TotoStyle like this.
  2. That's really rude and hurtful. Guess what, Aikar is an American and Krysyy is an American. Why when you hate Americans so much would you even want to play on an American server?
    TuckerAmbr likes this.
  3. I mean these guys did some pretty bad stuff too you know
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_Empire
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belgian_colonial_empire
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_colonial_empire
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_overseas_possessions
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/England
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portuguese_Empire
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Empire

You just take after your ancestors, I guess. We're not that different.
  4. when i go to america to visit my cousins, kids and there are mean. Where i live, The Americans are nice .
  5. I'm just saying for the four of you that have nothing but hatred for Americans, don't you find it a little hypocritical to spend so much time playing on a server that is owned and run by the same Americans that you hold in such contempt. I would go so far as to bet Aikar and/or Krysyy as well as other American staff probably have family members or friends as I do that have gone to fight or die in Europe or the Middle East. Do you think they wanted to fight and die in a foreign land. Hell no. And that you and the rest of the world doesn't appreciate and hates them for that sacrifice makes me very sad.
    TuckerAmbr and MrsWishes like this.
  6. Probably because it doesn't matter?

Minecraft is a European game. If you hate Europeans so much, why would you want to play a game made in Europe?
    nfell2009 and 607 like this.
  7. What do you think each candidate can bring to the country?
    • I think Trump can definitely bring destruction to this country. I think Clinton (while no tbeing the best... wouldve rather had Bernie) would bring of course being the first woman president and on top of that Bill would be her economic advisor. Bill Clinton "Presided over the longest period of peacetime economic expansion in American history"
    What do you like/dislike most about Donald Trump?
    • I like nothing and dislike everything.
    What do you like/dislike most about Hillary Clinton?
    • I like how she believes what she she is saying. She generally sticks to what she says whereas Trump changes his mind every 10 minutes. I dislike how she is a repeat liar.
    Have you been keeping up with Political news?
    • For the most part.
    What would you like to see happen to improve the United States?
    • Seeing how Trump will likely be president 2016 unless someone ends him... permanently.. Or people realize how much of a fool he is. I would like to keep the nuclear codes out of his reach. I understand how the Commander in Chief should be in charge of something so powerful but Trump would abuse his power. Other things I'd like is Bernie's free college plan implemented, Obamacare not being removed (its helped so many already, why ruin it), and much more.
    Not sure if this was posted on this thread yet.. If it was, you can enjoy it again now.
    Forgot to put this in a spoiler so I will now- its a bit inappropriate if you havent watched Oliver before.

Cannot wait to see how this election pans out.
    SoulPunisher and mba2012 like this.
  8. I never ever said I hated Europeans. Why would you say that? I only tried lamely to defend America. I'm sure there are European servers. Aren't there? I don't care but I just think you are very hypocritical about this. You have expressed only contempt for Americans. Feeling that way you should have the courage to live that way. Right?
    TuckerAmbr likes this.
  9. So it's not America's fault for these terrorist groups. We invaded those countries for oil and destabilized the region. Now it's our job to fix it.

Yo, Bush, hit me up when you find Iraq's WMDs.
  10. My great grandparents and my granddad were refugees from the Spanish Civil War. My great granddad went 'MIA' in France in 1940. My great granddad on my mother's side fought in the Irish War of Independence in 1919 and the Irish Civil War in 1922, and I have other relatives who died in these wars. I have Greek relatives who probably died in the Greek Civil War in 1946. My uncle on my mother's side, the son of an Irishman and a Welshwoman, was nearly the victim of a bombing done by the Irish Republican Army to kill Englishmen during The Troubles in the 90s. I have family members that have went to fight and die in Europe, I have family members who have served in the Middle East - some died in a 'foreign land, away from home'. Do I appreciate their sacrifices? Not really, no, because it doesn't affect me and my everyday life and they knew what they were getting into.

Whatever America's losses are in Europe, Europe has them hundreds of times worse.

I feel like I haven't worded this right and it probably makes me look like a douchebag, but ja, it's 3AM. I don't care lol.
    Yeah but most of them speak Spanish, French, German or Italian. We're not really as linguistically plain as America, y'know?
  11. I agree entirely, we had no business being in Iraq. I think George W was a very bad president. But you think we should continue to be involved? You sure we can't screw it up even worse?
    TuckerAmbr likes this.
  12. We need to be involved. I'm against deploying ground troops, but we need to continue aerial attacks.
  13. I think he was just applying your flawed logic back to you to show you how silly it was. ie. when you said something along the lines of "you don't like America so why play on an American server" he countered with "you don't like Europe so why play a European game" and while you claim to call him a hypocrite, you seem to show the same contempt for European nations by saying the US should get out of that portion of the world. I am sure you will claim that this is not contempt and is in fact you just wanting to do something sensible for our country, I am just letting you know it seems like you are crying foul of the same thing you are doing. I know this probably seems like an Ad Hominem (Tu Quoque) logical fallacy, but I just wanted to hopefully clear up what he intended by his post and inform you how this argument may have gotten derailed. Really hope this doesn't hurt your feelings, if it makes you feel better I am an American who can see the benefits of the US pulling out of Europe, I just don't know if it is as simple as it may initially seem.

TL;DR
    Ad Hominem, Tu Quoque. Bad initial argument. Issue is more complicated than proposed (possibly a false dilemma logical fallacy? I really like logical fallacies ;))
    mba2012 and SoulPunisher like this.
  14. Just want to say I think you make a really good point here, and the idea that you as someone not from America needs to publicly express your gratitude for American soldiers is silly. Also there hasn't been an American draft since the last drawing for the Vietnam lottery on March 12 1975. this means that when Grape God says "did they want to go to war? Hell, no" it's technically not right. Unless they were forcibly enlisted which does not really relate to the argument at hand.
    SoulPunisher likes this.
  15. ^This guy gets it

I quoted that bit of your post because no, it's not as simple as that. I'm fairly sure you're tied into Germany until like, 2045 or something due to World War 2. You're tied into Kosovo I'm pretty sure too because there's a small chance Serbia may annex them and push the Albanians back out. I'm sure there's stuff relating to the collapse of the Soviet Union somewhere too.
    Just wanted to point out that the one person's sacrifice I feel some regret for is my dad's granddad. Since he was a refugee, I'm pretty sure the choice given to him was "serve for the British Empire's army to fight Germany, or we'll send you and your family back to Spain where you'll live under a fascist regime or be executed for fleeing or something". His choice to serve probably wasn't optional.
  16. I dont want this thread to turn into a discussion on terrorrism but lets get some facts straight... America had nothing to do with these terrorist groups being formed. Here is an article explaining very well this whole ideal written by an expert is Islamic studies. This isnt a one sided biased article, you can find others like it with the same facts.

Jihad was started around the 20s and they hated America (eventually they came to hate it later on when they actually saw how we acted, dressed, etc...). They firmly believe that women shouldnt show off their bodies like they do here and that men should be in charge. When Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini came into power in '79, he turned it into an islamic state following sharia law. The first time they attacked us, we didnt do it let me remind you- was in 79' when they took over the US embassy in Tehran. You can read more into the article, its a really insightful article.

Ima go back to talking about presidents... moving on.
    mba2012 likes this.
  17. I'm pretty sure Jihad has been around for 1,000 years though?
  18. It has, but it became more... renowned? It was minor Jihad when Muhammad was alive but later on it started to be what it is today.
  19. Seeing as the Catholic Crusades and the Muslim Jihads shaped Western culture and history (playing an endless war of attrition for the holy land and then one time getting bored and sending children in there, another time slaughtering the people they were protecting 'just cos'?), probably not :p
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.