Current goals in life?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by We3_MPO, Jul 2, 2018.

1. If it's too personal, don't feel like you have to answer. If it's something considered controversial, please either don't post it, or simply PM me instead.

Anyways, here are mine:
    • Leave this dreadful hellhole known as Putnam County, Tennessee for a warm arid city known as Phoenix, Arizona, leaving the dreadful-in-general U.S. South in the process while still avoiding the cold, hurricane/blizzard zones, and the Pacific ring of fire. I shall do this whenever I am of age (18 years old or more), have finished high school, and can afford to, so that would be in Summer 2021 (June, July, or August of that year, although my birthday's in March 2003) unless I still can't afford it then.
    • Fall in love with another suitable, handsome gay boy besides myself, get to know him better as a friend, and date him. In that order. But it's the last part I've been begging for since January 2017.
    • Finish 10th, 11th, and 12th grades in homeschool, hopefully well enough to get a diploma in the process.
    • Before doing the first thing, bid any friends and supportive family a sad goodbye, except the ones (if any) that decide to come with me too.
    Also, as of the time I posted this, I'm currently in the process of the second thing. But I was also in the process a year ago and failed it miserably. And I am not sure if it'll work out to the long-awaited final step this time either.

But you know the drill: I want to hear what you have to say about your current goals in life!
    MoreMoople, ShelLuser and haastregt like this.
  2. That is nice to hear! I hope it will work out this time! :D
    Either way, just enjoy the good moments you two have, as long as all goes well worrying is only very exhausting ;).

Anyways, my goals in life... I don't really have any goals (yet), I'm more of a 'I'll see what life brings me' guy myself, if that is a thing. But I guess I do have a couple things I'd like to achieve in my life.

My current goals:
    - Find a home in Enschede start university (which I made a lot of progress on already)
    - Finish university
    - Fall in love (I know, that might be commonplace but I really enjoyed it last time I did ;))
    - Be happy :)

Goals that I would love to achieve one day but don't really focus on (currently):
    - Design my own house and live in it
    - Travel around the world
  3. My goal in life is to get through it
  4. As sad as it sounds I currently only have one goal and that is to finish a hellish project I took on around 1.5 years ago with a few others, and which is seriously draining and taxing in every sense of the words, and sometimes that's very uncomfortable. Can't go into much detail but in short it's basically an issue of a few business partners running small(er) companies who joined forces to take on what is basically a monsterous IT project. WAY too big for any of us individually, but together we're doing a pretty good job so far.

The only problem is that most payments done afterwards. Of course. Well, for the most parts anyway.

But yeah... this pretty much dominates my life right now and I cannot wait for this thing to finish. Probably followed by a 2 months worth vacation most likely.
    MoreMoople likes this.
  5. My current life goals:

-get my brother through his wedding (completed. Yay!)
    -recover from above goal
    -excel at work and establish myself as lead on quality assurance at some point. Just became supervisor, so I've got time for this.
    -renovate my bathroom
    -have at least 2 kids (later)
    We3_MPO and MoreMoople like this.
  6. My current goals:
    • Get better at talking to people irl
    • Help make my school a better place
    • Learn to drive
    • Learn more programming languages
    • Finish high school
    • Go to a college in either Michigan, Colorado, or Texas
    We3_MPO and JParsonsX like this.
  7. My goals:

-Making the varsity dance team.
    -Leaving IL
    -Become less anti-social
  8. Short term goals:
    -Gain more muscle, mainly in my shoulders, legs, biceps and fore arms.
    -Get a tan
    -Get better sleep
    -Procrasinate way less and do homework on time and to my full potential
    -Learn the Sweet Child O' Mine intro (okay I know it's incredibly easy to learn, but when I was a noob beginner it was my goal to do it. I'm already playing tougher songs and I still haven't tried to learn it yet)
    -Improve my personality
    -Eat healthier
    -Get through highschool

Long term goals:
    -Become a professional guitarist
    -Create a band, most likely between the genres of Thrash metal, Heavy Metal, Rock, and a Classic Rock sound similar to 70s rockstars. I want to kill the popularity of Alt Rock and bring back true Rock n Roll. Greta Van Fleet is beating me though :p
    -Graduate Highschool
    -Hopefully, ya know get a girlfriend :rolleyes:
    -Improve my relationship between family and friends
    -Improve my relationship and spending time with God and strengthening my faith
    -LEARN ERUPTION, the first shredding solo I have ever heard, I definitely want to learn that, but it's gonna take a few years
    -Go to a Greta Van Fleet concert
    -Go to an ACDC Concert
    -Go to a Led Zeppelin Concert (holy crap this would be the most difficult thing in the world to accomplish, but anything is possible)
    -Go to a Megadeth, Slayer, or Metallica concert. (or just the big four)
    -Meet Dave Mustaine, Jimmy Page, Eddie Van Halen, basically all my alive and well rock inspirations
    -Obtain a 59 Gibson Les Paul. These are hellish expensive, but still, anything is possible. Or at least obtain a Gibson Les Paul
    -Own a 1969 Boss Mustang
    -Obtain a huge classic car and guitar collection
    -Live my life to the fullest
    MoreMoople likes this.
  9. My current goal, right now, is simply to get a job.

I have survived America's broken educational system, now I must try and find a job. I've got a good number of applications out there, right now is the waiting game and seeing which employers are interested in interviewing me.
    We3_MPO likes this.
  10. Well... I just finished college. Unless I decide to do British university within the next year and get myself into multiple lifetimes of debt, I'm done with the UK's dyfunctional education system. Forever. Time to get a job and start saving up.

Although, I just did my A Levels, so I want good results on those. I'm really anxious for them because I know I didn't study hard enough. I just don't have the time or the attention span to sink into stuff like that. Hopefully everything turns out okay and I get good enough results that'll put me in the 'good enough to do university!' point bracket.

I'm going to get a tattoo. Not sure which one I'll do first. Hopefully that's done by or in August. From there, I'll have another two I want that'll probably be done by the end of this year.

Two years ago, I met a girl. I can't even put how much I adore her into words anymore. There's just one problem: she lives in Germany, I live in the UK. Her mother knows about me and doesn't really approve of me so if I visited her and we bumped into her mother that's going to be awkward, same with her dad (he doesn't know about me though), and her cousins are all over her town all the time so they'd quite likely tease her about the boy she was seen with and get us grassed up. I also don't like her mother at all and the way she treats her daughter infuriates me, so that's another problem if I ever bumped into her. She keeps making plans to come to England, but her friends don't want to go with her and it's quite monetarily difficult. If she does come, it'll be in September, in London, for just two days. Hopefully I can be with her there - if not, I guess I'll just have to go to Germany myself and take up her best friend's offer of covering for us. So yeah; meeting her. Probably the biggest goal I have in my life at the moment.

I also want to study abroad in Germany and hopefully be able to live there for the rest of my life. The UK is a backwards country and I want to flee this stupid island as soon as possible. Hopefully, this'll happen in 2019 or 2020, but I have no clue how to make this happen.
    IsaacNorman and MoreMoople like this.
  11. On the short term, finish "Gymnasium" - I'm not going to explain the Dutch schooling system in detail, but, looking through som US tests: I would probably be on the third or fourth year of college on the subjects Maths, Phisics, Chemestry, Latin, Economeny, and filosofy now, in the fourth year of the six - It's a somewhat dificult schooling to do.

Then, I pobably want a social life one day... Currently, my ownly social life exists out of going to Tomvanwijnen's every now and then and playing Magic the Gathering and Dungons&Dragons with a few other friends. Thing is: I am happy withh the way it is now, but I know that I currently am very socially akward with people who know me nor are just as autistic as I am.

after gymnasium, I want to finish Universety (Eclectrical Engireering - basically qunatummachanics, programming and maths), get a PHD degree (of what it loks like now, probably in quantum computing - I absolutely love working on that), maybe become professor one day, but I'm not sure if I want that jet: I personally don't know if I could even do that, but my Phisics teacher (of that gymnasium) said unironically aiming at a Nobel's wouldn't even be to high for me (When I asked if I should do the dificult or extreemly hard version of Maths - we have four in the Netherlands), so I don't know... Probably the first thing on the line here is actually start doing something for school next to being there sometimes, becuase I currently am not doing that, I probably still will compleat gymnasium like this, but I want to do it with a little more than the "just enough" I'm currently getting, even though finishing it usually alredey gets you enough.

Lastly, for the people who wonder: Yes, Gymnasuim, in English, is a place for gymnastics. I thought I'd explain we have the same name for our Eletairy Scientific schooling as you guys have for your sport centra.
    Both of the words, beleve it or not, come from the greek γυμνος which means "naked". Later on, they started using the word γυμνασιον for "a training facilety for sports", scince, well, that was what the people where there tose days. This is the part the English word comes from, for the Dutch, we need to contignue the greek timeline. Those days, doing sports was quite elitairy, only the well-known could afford it. Around about every well-known person was there one day in the week or something, so, people who needed something of the richer people started going there to ask the richies if they could use their help... including teachers... slowly, the greek "gymnasia" weren't just for sports, but also a elitairy place to learn. At some point in history, thhere were gymnasi thaht were just schools... Schools that teched you Latin, Greek and filosofy (aka: all sciences) This is where the Dutch word comes from.
  12. Currently my goal is to make it to the MLB, large goal that's very unrealistic to most but I honestly think I have a chance at (hopefully) making the minor league as I just had my biggest break in baseball ever and will now be playing D1 baseball! (For those of you that don't know that's basically the highest level college baseball you can get). My only problem is that I'm about 6 inches shorter and 80 pounds lighter than the average size for D1 catchers so I will need to get bigger over the summer.