[CONTEST] Based on a True Story...

Discussion in 'Public Member Events' started by Kephras, Oct 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I don't wanna keep bumping this, but it's still a ways to the deadline. C'mon people, spark my interest here. :D
    Luckygreenbird likes this.
  2. Go ahead, bump all you want. I love your literature.
    Luckygreenbird likes this.
  3. One time I was walking home and I saw something crawl out of the ditch and jump away. I got really freaked out.

True Story.
  4. The night sky was dark and glum. I walked towards my house and out of nowhere WHUMP! i was picked up by something flying but i did not know what so i started to kick until i realized i was too high. we landed and i looked up at the creature, a giant pig. :O
  5. once, there was a tiger with glasses, that turned to his friends of minecraft for insperation

true story.
    Kephras likes this.
  6. also once i was camping and we killed a bat in the cafiteriea (it was a big camp so we had a semi indoor place to eat) because it most likly had rabies since it was flying around at lunch time, and that night me and my friend were taking out the trass and there was a rabid racoon in the dumpster, that was the fastest i had ever run lol
  7. I don't think I can use this, on the basis that I'm not into narcissism, but it made me chuckle. ;)

Thank you all for the entries thus far - still have just over a week to go!
    607, cddm95ace and Palmsugar like this.
  8. A small isolated village in a snow land, an orfan girl who lived with her uncle and her aunt, taught by them how to survive. She goes off one day to get some lumber for her village. But when she returns... everything is burnt down and no one is to be seen. She takes the decision to go out into the world. Survive, and take revenge on the people who destroyed her life...

idk, seems interesting to me. :p
    Mind my english it might be a bit bad, idk if i wrote anything wrong, but hopefully you understand.
  9. Good Guys finish last.
  10. One day I was looking for some new biomes in the snapshot.I climbed a mountain.The explosion from some creepers blasted me up to the top,and destroyed the safe route down.I had to remove nearly all of the top to make stairs down.

True story.Happened on my only SP survival world.
  11. One time I was shooting a ghast and a pig man walked in front of me. The end.
  12. Gaaah! I will reply after this weekend; I need to retrieve a piece of flash fiction from a different computer. :( On the bright side, stay tuned for "The Itsy-Bitsy Spider and the Butterfly!"

I think perhaps this story will give you some ideas. :) It won't really be a prompt, but more of a short example. Oh, it also has a happy ending. For almost everyone. :p
  13. Liking what I've heard so far, but the contest is far from over. Keep 'em coming folks!
  14. As I heard the door knob jiggle, I knew I was in for it.
    Trapped, like a mouse in a cage.
  15. There was a girl who started playing a video game to appease her boyfriend. She soon met tons of people from every walk of life. She found out she had cancer, and the people she met helped her through one of the most difficult times she would ever have. Fill in the gaps???
  16. *nudge nudge*
    Great ideas, folks, keep 'em coming!
  17. So, I decided not to give you my story. I think this prompt will be more useful instead. Plus, you said not to write a story, and that bribe of yours sure looks good to me.

Christopher Columbus was an explorer, a dreamer, a tyrant. He wanted gold, and so he prepared to sail. However, as Columbus boarded his ship, he did not know that his entire adventure, from the time his ships left Europe to the time when he landed in the Bahamas, and even throughout those cruel years he spent with the natives of Hispaniola, was going to be greatly affected by one tiny thing; a spider who just wanted to climb up the spout. Sail bravely, tyrant, for dark times await...

Hmmm. I seem to have written the inside of a fictional book cover. :p
    607 likes this.
  18. well a idea for a fictional story is you find a ender pearl with unlimited uses. then go on with crazy ways of messing around with it. you know stuff like head stuck in wall. useing it to break into peoples houses (granted thats just my favorite use for em) or just teleporting behind mobs just to taunt them.
  19. A poem I written before, dunno if it helps or if its inline with the rules but here we go

Restless

Sleep, all I want is to sleep.
    But instead of the peacefully drifting into oblivion
    I’m still here, awake
    Flashbacks to where it has gone wrong
    One problem after another flash through my mind
    I’m unable to rest with my head working like a clock
    Tick tock, tick tock, time passes by
    Second turns into minuets, minute turns to hours
    Tick tock, tick tock, time passes by.
    I still am looking for an answer,
    Like a scientist looking for a cure, I’m looking for mine
    But every door I open, only leads to more
    But not all doors leads to others, some are just a wall.
    I just want to sleep; I’m so tired of walking, so tired of figuring everything out
    Tick tock, Tick tock the hands of the clock is still moving
    It’s only a matter of time, till I exhaust myself
  20. Think this is about due for another nudge. Still a few days to go!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.