[Challenge] Minecraft Control Challenge!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by MoreMoople, Oct 10, 2020.

1. Minecraft Control Challenge!
    Can YOU do it?
    Many of you have heard of my Minecraft controls, and many of you have raised concerns for my health and sanity. But I assure you, I am perfectly well! I come bearing a challenge...

Challenge:
    Switch to my Minecraft controls for a short period of time

How to Participate:
    1. See the list of Minecraft controls below and change your settings to match

Movement
    Auto-jump: On
    Jump: c
    Sneak: Left shift
    Sprint: /
    Strafe left: left arrow
    Strafe right: right arrow
    Walk backwards: down arrow
    Walk forwards: right shift
    *I am on a laptop and use the trackpad to look around. If you are able to, please do that. Otherwise, use your mouse.

Gameplay:
    Attack/destroy: q
    Pick block: [
    Use item/place block: d

Inventory:
    Drop selected item: a
    Hot bars slots: 1-9 respectively
    Open/close inventory: e
    Swap item in hands: f

Multiplayer:
    List players: tab
    Open chat: t

Miscellaneous:
    Take screenshot: \
    Toggle perspective: ]

2. Attempt using these controls for basic Minecraft things. Building, fighting mobs, parkour, etc. How long can you last?
    3. Post a video of yourself trying it down below!
    *Video must show the controls. You only need to record your screen, not you, not sounds (although you can do that if you want to)

What do you get out of this?
    If you complete the challenge and have valid evidence, you may list out different (and weird) controls for me to try. I will change my controls to match and respond with a video of my attempt to use them. ;)

For context, as well as a short video of me demonstrating my controls, click here.
  2. Prepare for torture, y'all
  3. I will respectfully decline
  4. Aut-uggh auto-j *throw up noises*
    khixan, sonicol, majorp7 and 2 others like this.
  5. I approve of these controls! Actually, I approve of any controls that don't use the left Ctrl key as mine doesn't work:D
    607 and MoreMoople like this.
  6. Just looking at those controls scares me... :confused:
    khixan and MoreMoople like this.
  7. I'll do it!
    I won't record a video yet, though, as I'm not intending to play the game any time soon... but I bet I'll be confused the next time I log in. :D (which will be tomorrow, actually, I hope I will have forgotten by then :p)

What's your 'open command' and 'save toolbar activator'? These overlap with some of your controls by default, it looks like.
    Also, I'm surprised that you use the regular controls for the hotbar slots. :p

khixan and MoreMoople like this.
  8. I- oof. We'll see.
    khixan, MoreMoople, 607 and 1 other person like this.
  9. Open command: `
    Save toolbar activator: right button
    (Both were selected randomly because I do not use either)
    607 likes this.
  10. snip from UltiPig
    The myth, the legend, the HAM MAFIA! <3
    Tuqueque, UltiPig and MoreMoople like this.
  11. I'll disrespectfully decline :p

How about NOPE NOPE NOPE lol <3
  12. Hmm, I'd like to try this! I'll have to find some way of getting my keyboard in shot, though... not sure yet how I'll do that. I mean, I could hold my phone, but then playing would be a bit hard... :p

Now, I can live with most of these changes, but, auto-jump ON??? Are you alright? :p And inventory on E, ew. :confused: :p

If your walk forwards is right shift, then putting sprint on / is definitely a great choice! And infinitely better than Minecraft's horrible standard of sprint on left ctrl, for which I genuinely still can't comprehend how people even reach that button without killing their hands. :p
    607 and MoreMoople like this.

13. This..... wow
    aside from a false start where I kinda forgot the controls and only made it 2 jumps this was my first... and probably only try

as for controls... ;)
    controls > reset all > disable auto jump :D
  14. This is awesome. Now you need to do it again but record your mouse and keyboard. :p
    Tuqueque and MoreMoople like this.
  15. TIP! If you prefer not to completely have to change and then re-set your previous controls, I have a quick hack for you! (not actually hacking =P)
    Open your .minecraft folder >> options.txt; controls are stored in this file!
    Make a copy of what's currently in the options.txt in a separate file; I recommend "options-unmooplified.txt". From there, replace the settings related to controls as I have below (these were on lines 67-90 for me, but your mileage may vary):
    Code:
    key_key.attack:key.keyboard.q
    key_key.use:key.keyboard.d
    key_key.forward:key.keyboard.up
    key_key.left:key.keyboard.left
    key_key.back:key.keyboard.down
    key_key.right:key.keyboard.right
    key_key.jump:key.keyboard.c
    key_key.sneak:key.keyboard.left.shift
    key_key.sprint:key.keyboard.slash
    key_key.drop:key.keyboard.a
    key_key.inventory:key.keyboard.e
    key_key.chat:key.keyboard.t
    key_key.playerlist:key.keyboard.tab
    key_key.pickItem:key.key.lbracket
    key_key.command:key.keyboard.grave
    key_key.screenshot:key.keyboard.backslash
    key_key.togglePerspective:key.keyboard.rbracket
    key_key.smoothCamera:key.keyboard.unknown
    key_key.fullscreen:key.keyboard.f11
    key_key.spectatorOutlines:key.keyboard.unknown
    key_key.swapOffhand:key.keyboard.f
    key_key.saveToolbarActivator:key.mouse.right
    key_key.loadToolbarActivator:key.keyboard.unknown
    key_key.advancements:key.keyboard.unknown

Auto-jump is also toggleable using "true" or "false" on the (2nd?) line of options.txt.
    When you wish to switch back to your normal controls, you can delete your options.txt file, and rename your options-unmooplified.txt file to options.txt again. :)
  16. Nice, waffle!

I will watch the two videos posted later. :D I like that Ultimamaxx recorded the keyboard!
    wafflecoffee and MoreMoople like this.
  17. cringe, auto-jump should be burned :p

gg moops
    MoreMoople likes this.

18. also used a touch pad was hard to aim xD

Idk how everyone shows videos like that xD just shows the link