Care 2 share? => What is the craziest thing you did on the Empire?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by ShelLuser, May 21, 2018.

1. Hi gang!

Sometimes there comes a time when you're in the game, playing and doing stuff (hopefully enjoying yourself) but... you're still thinking "what the heck am I doing right now?!". Do you have something to share?

Here's mine.... As you may know (I don't advertise that often) I provide a residence download service. You can get your res. downloaded in a single player world so that you can experiment on it in Creative and prepare for possible town edits.

So at one time I got contacted by a family member who played with his family on a remote island in the Frontier and they'd really like to have that for their own. So I figured, why not? Now, this was pretty difficult because of the sheer size. And it was pretty awesome too because it pre-dated block protection, so those guys also put some trust and faith in me. It was for that reason why I immediately told 'm that I would be bringing someone else along (I split the reward) because I needed a "bodyguard" of some sort (Hi Aya! :) ). Which was no problem of course: if I trusted them then so did they.

This whole ordeal took me approx. 3 - 4 hours IRL gameplay. And at some times it did have me wondering "what am I doing here?" :) Especially when Aya and me took shelter during the night to avoid hostile mobs. After which Aya would be the first to get out, kill surrounding mobs, we both rebuild if need be (think about creepers) and then I would get the comments about god armor vs. voters gear again (which reminds me of something I had planned)....

After HOURS I had finally done it. And I was pretty pleased. But guess what? Uh oh... there was still a problem: I was very careful to go around and across the island but unfortunately I still managed to miss 1 chunk which manifested itself as a portal into the void (a huge hole). Fortunately that was also easily fixed (esp. with plugins such as WorldEdit) but a hassle nonetheless.

Right after I finished the project I immediately added a disclaimer to my service thread that I would no longer perform any Frontier downloads. Simply because of the time and effort it would take me. But even so... I honestly really enjoyed myself very much when the family basically told me "this is our land, please go out and explore & download!".

And they had a really impressive island, I can tell you that!

Those are some of the pearls of the Empire IMO. Players who are active and very busy with their own stuff but you and I have no idea that they're around, nor do we have any notion of the sometimes immense impressive stuff they're doing.

The whole thing really opened my eyes a bit... There's a lot more going on in the "background" of the Empire than we're aware off. And I think it's REALLY COOL!
    Jelle68, SansTheTimeLord, 607 and 5 others like this.
  2. Attempt to intrude in Moose Mansion
    FadedMartian likes this.
  3. Started, but never finished, a huge project on Utopia stretching across 4 utopian residences.

Then started and partially finished a project across 6 utopian residences.

Then started a big project across 6 SMP residences, with another 3 in front and 1 as entrance.
    607 and MoreMoople like this.
  4. Filled a DC of concrete. Had to get the gravel and the sand, and spend most of my time listening to a Classic Rock playlist and watering concrete. I even made a huge room where I would place the concrete powder and unleash water valves to harden it...
  5. I have so many of these! One of them is when I made a giant octopus with a top hat to act as my storage room and I was thinking to myself “Why did I spend 20k on materials for this?”
  6. Hm, I'm afraid I can't think of anything. :p The only thing that comes to mind that fits is when the Pot of Gold promo first came out, and I went to the shop world, and bought an extra... and then another, and then another, and then another... until I had eventually run out of rupees. :p During that double-clicking process, I did think a few times "Why am I doing this?". But out of that event my monthly auctions were born! Speaking of which... I haven't started this month's yet! :eek:
    MoreMoople likes this.
  7. Oh dear, I'm afraid nothing that I would consider "crazy" comes to mind right away...

With more thought:
    Is EMC itself a bit crazy? The Empire is so unique, with many different types of players. While we have our differences, we all can still work together and enjoy ourselves! If there's a player in need of help, there's usually someone willing to help them. I find it crazy (and pretty cool) that people across the world can interact here in a positive way! :)
    We have a crazy good staff team (some of them can be a bit "crazy" at times too ;)). Really though, they keep the community safe and healthy. Not only that, they also run many awesome events that make EMC more exciting!
    I feel that I have learned a lot of great stuff on EMC, and I have been inspired by it. It's crazy that EMC and the amazing community it holds has helped me become more accepting, as well as an overall better person. :)
    So, I guess you could say the craziest thing I've done on EMC was join and stick around to discover all the crazy stuff it holds ;)
    Sydney_43 and Smooshed_Potato like this.
  8. (Still attempting to do this) Filling an entire residence with coal ore...
  9. For me, probably starting the more res's project, wich ment Tom and I having to get diamnod supporter vouchers for all our 8 accounds to let them all claim four reses (The accounds Jelle68 Tomvanwijnen and Tomvanwijnen ended up having 5 instead of 4 due the way supporters used to work) and having all those reses in one big chunk (It worked :D )

An other thing I can remember is starting ThaKloned's castle design (being build on Utopia) At the point I started it, the largest I had ever done was filling only one res, I thought that was a lot.

Then, there was a build team project, I cannot talk about what exactly it was, but I had to do something wich I aproximated me to take 12 hours of repetative-ish work (landscaping) in three non-weekend days. (Note: I am doing about the hardest schooling possible for my age in the Netherlands (Elitair Gymnasium), I do not have that much free time...) I did do it in time though... bairly in time, but in time.
    607 and TomvanWijnen like this.
  10. I have a pool of examples (in no particular order/ranking):

This second farm of my Ender Builder's Campaign is one of the biggest and most developed facilities I ever built on EMC. It took ~1 month to 'complete'. I could go and on about the design process of this giant!
    I built this place in MC 1.8, with 1.9 in-mind; that included the End Gateway Bridge for the takeoff ahead.

The End dimension resembles outer space to me, in many ways. MC 1.9 was its Big Bang. But when elytra (wings) were discovered in the end cities, I saw a Space Race coming that I had to compete in, and I took it very seriously. I carefully packed my two inventories. On the day EMC 1.9 would supposedly come, I stayed awake late into the night for the update to come. This was the first "End Shuttle".
    One year later, 1.11 introducing shulker boxes (backpack blocks) lead to an even bigger shuttle than before. I did not care about woodland mansions. I hunted shulkers in their end cities all-day long over several days (but still slept); I didn't want to stop, but I eventually had to.

Now for every time when the server wastelands reset, I end up conduct another End Shuttle. Today, I am not done with conquering end cities -- until I get enough exclusive loot.
    At times, I think the items are too valuable to sell to other players; they should not be sold to noobs.

When I need ores and/or stone, I go crazy:

Dig down.
    Build a full-tier beacon pyramid.
    Set the two beacons to give Haste II and Speed II.
    And insta-mine out a huge ~100*100 dark room, with my Efficiency V diamond pickaxes.
    607 likes this.
  11. Chopped 17 stacks of spruce wood with an unchanted diamond axe in the wastes