[Business] Slvr's Bulk Business

Discussion in 'Business Listings' started by Slvr, Jul 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. You had said the due date for the wool was the 24th, I think I paid you closer to it, but my apologies. SS will refund it. I only got grumpy because of the 20 day wait, and others being done before me: I had thought it a bit of the anger from any scuffles we had had prior. However, now I see you only had 8 or 9 days and I understand, a bit more.
    Sorry, Slvr.
    Kryarias likes this.
  2. Can i get 2 DC of nether bricks, 1 dc of glass, 2dc of red sandstone.
    Drop off, 125@slvr (access chests setup).

I do believe thats 27,648 rupees.
  3. Tyler, she said she is closing the service.
  4. main page says accepting.
    edit:
    must of misread it. Nevermind
  5. I did the same thing buddy!
  6. To tyler
  7. I forgot to edit it until later. After seeing your post I went ahead and did that, since I remembered I had an accepting/not accepting bit over there. Sorry about that
  8. I'm going to post on this trainwreck of a thread one more time to address a few things as some don't seem to still quite comprehend a few decisions I made.

First problem: the order wipe and price raise.

I'll be the first to say, this was just an awful situation all around. I based my original prices off of old prices I had seen, as well as competing with other bulk businesses in service despite the fact that I did not have all of the same resources that they had, or the amount of people. This led to very low prices and coupled with my overly accommodating nature of ordering, quickly became overwhelming. Instead of disappointing even more players by keeping those orders and thus dragging them out over the course of months, and potentially losing business with new players who were interested by pausing ordering entirely, I opted to do the order wipe. The prices I set then were also not that good as I made an error in calculation. I intended SC quantities to be 25% off the base price (the rupees per stack price), and DC quantities to be 50% off, but due to my error in math, BOTH SC and DC quantities were only 25% off making DC quantities look a little exorbitant for a bulk business. This was swiftly corrected, and if you look at the current pricing sheet, reflects that change.

Now I knew this was upsetting, so I asked everyone who had orders that were largely unfinished (which was a lot) if they would like to move forward or not. I completely understood when people stepped back, as that was completely understandable! I would be a little upset if I agreed to something with someone and they changed the price on me halfway through. That said, I did it with the intention of making the business run smoother in the future, for future orders, to help things move along faster. For players that still ordered from me even after this, I tried to make it as painless as possible. If I took too long after my "Expected by" date, I was offering discounts (which you will see above, I told players to take x rupees off from their total). I had an entire residence set up to facilitate this thing, I had a really nice system going! Everything appeared to be working pretty well.

...Of course nobody ever really got to see that because my accounts were then stolen, making it appear like I had simply dropped off the face of the planet for a while. I can express more details on this now. This was not a case of internet witchery. It was someone in real life who had taken my new password book, taken a picture of the information they needed, and had taken them from me as a "joke." Needless to say, password book no longer leaves my sight, and I now have my passwords set to be changed once a month on all of my online accounts. I explained to this person why this was anything but a joke and they understood and apologized completely.

This has been a pretty nasty situation all around. I will not be starting to take orders again, at least not right now. I may open something else in the future. For now I am selling many bulk quantities of items in a separate selling thread and will be hosting a grief party on my shop/mall residence in the future, which you can check out here. I will be opening an actual shop that specializes in certain bulk materials in the future, but for now, I am done, and I hope to give this some time to let people calm down or at least try to understand that it was never my intention to scam or gouge anyone. Frankly, I didn't know what I was doing as I hadn't participated in the economy in any significant means for over a year. Another one of the gems that went along with me being a staff member - didn't have the energy to devote to anything other than staff duties and my frontier outpost.

For the most part, however, everyone has been calm and understanding, and I am thankful for that. I hope to do business with all of you again in the future and I hope this hasn't made you too suspicious of me.
  9. As I posted earlier, I did apologize for being angry at you for scamming me- at first, I was angry more that you served others before me and never got around to me. Once you posted you got hacked shortly after, I stepped back and apologized. Rhy's filled my order now (or most of it)- thank you Rhy. I'm sorry this happened to you, as I have been through a lot of hacking issues lately and I totally understand the pain.
    If you do try bulk again, and if I'm still on emc (which may or may not be likely), I do raise my hand to try to help send out orders... if I don't have to resource gather. I don't have time to go hunt mats... sorry.
    Slvr likes this.
  10. Thread Closing per request of OP
    Slvr likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.