[Bug Team] Iron Farm Users - Are your farms working?

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by JackBiggin, Apr 9, 2013.

1. No but they do for spawning villagers, but supposed to be limited to 16 and more then that is spawning.
  2. why u didnt lock ur villagers in place mine cant breed

Attached Files:

3. Thanks gents. Looks like it is time to remove them, and kill the villagers down to an appropriate amount.
  4. Yes. You need doors to make it a valid "village" and therefore let iron golems spawn.
  5. That is what the wiki says, certainly.
  6. So that is why i had villagers outside my villager breeders.....
    jacob5089 likes this.
  7. curly1.jpg

Nyuk, nyuk.
    jacob5089 and Curundu like this.
  8. Doors also ditermine wheer the iron golems will spawn
  9. So new info someone reminded me by PM.

Back when these farms were first created on EMC, there was 2 on Utopia...

They had issues where only 1 farm would work, and if they both tried to use it at same time, one farm would not work...

They ended up working an agreement on when each would use their farm.

This appears to potentially be the same problem...

I think the root issue is more and more people are building the farms and there is some internal limit on how many villages can be active at one time.

I've tried looking at the code, but I can't see anything yet.

I can not prioritize this over the other work needing to be done, as this is a vanilla 'design' / 'bug' (maybe to ensure they dont kill performance? Cause the village code is really bad for performance)

So, please try to work with each other for the meantime if farms are not working.
    jrm531 and southpark347 like this.
  10. Ahh so there is a limit on what a village can hold but is that per chunk or per huge area?
  11. aha well thats sad i dont think anyone is gonna trash his iron farm
  12. They will only interfer with eachother if they are to close. (the game then thinks its 1 big village, instead of 2 separate)
  13. Our smp8 iron farm is back to normal.
  14. Experiments done by the JL2579 server shows that in the game can exist at least 128 loaded and active villages without any stop working. I don't know how many there are on any EMC server, but I doubt we come close to this number.
  15. im not sure if i stated this previously, but, having 100+ villagers loaded anywhere in a world at the same time causes this bug, from what ive seen/ heard
  16. I have over 100 villagers at my farm and it is working fine. atm :p
  17. Well it was pretty clear like a year or so ago when the utopia issues arised that distance did not matter.

Those 2 farms are VERY far apart, and they found they simply could not both run at the same time...

I'm guessing logging out/in makes it rescan your farm and make it potentially take over - or it could be concidence the other logged out.
  18. This actually does make sense that having to many active villages causes problem. Ob1bob69 and I created... well a very large 56 cell Iron Golem Farm (that works on Single Player); but unfortunately had issues with it on EMC. It is hard to explain exacltly what happened but it may be the fact that so many individual villages were loaded at one time that contributed to it not working...
  19. wow 56 spawn cells???

u have world download?
  20. Yes we do. I can't disclose the location of it on the off-chance it starts working eventually; but I will leak a fun screenshot from the Live map

Note: about 8 of the cells are actually underground