[Bug Team] Iron Farm Users - Are your farms working?

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by JackBiggin, Apr 9, 2013.

1. I just had a problem at my iron farm, logged out for a min but when I logged back in no golems where spawning logged on and off a couple of times and it seems to be working again now.
    ninjaboy5656 likes this.
  2. Mine has not been working for the last two days on smp9.

And on the problem with villagers breading past the 3 doors to 1 villager, I built a cell on one of my residence's in town and they only bread to 16 villagers for 48 doors. I still have yet to put four more in for a total of twenty. So maybe a wild only thing with the villagers breading 250 in one cell.
  3. I finally got around to looking at mine on server four. However, after killing off the hordes of villagers in each cell and clearing out the random golems in the villager pods I am still having some issues.

It seems it still isnt calculating the village center correctly as I am getting golems spawning on top of and inside the villager pods. The good news is that they arnt spawning 40 blocks away in the center of the whole farm anymore. I am currently doing a production test but at the start it seems a tad slow. Used to get 9 stacks an hour and after 15 minutes, I only have one stack.

Oh, and Aikar, the 56 cell is still broken lol, Hint Hint.
    _Stads_ and margaritte like this.
  4. I noticed that my smp8 iron farm wasn't working for a while. I shall have to check it out tomorrow.
  5. My farm on Smp2 seems to be working normally. The spawn rate and location all seem to be the same as they were before any of these updates.
  6. Negitive my iron farm is not working, villager are all reapwning into one holding cell 192 of them
  7. Mine is still working but again I have had to log on and off a couple of times before it started again.
  8. Variety of different answers :/ Please share what the problem is (or what you think) when you reply please, just to those that didn't. :)
  9. this is really weird. We took Dwights farm which def worked, copied it to a far out location, didnt work a single bit...

Those who are working, what is your villager setup?
  10. Id like to see what the update included if at all possible.
  11. I have Docm's basic setup, but instead of 48 doors per village, I reduced it to 32 doors per village (I removed 4 doors on each side), in order to allow more room for other mob farms in the vicinity.

I have 8 villages, arranged in the outer vertices of a cuboid of 65 x 66 blocks of base and 65 blocks high. The collection point is in the center of the bottom cuboid face.

I have noticed before that sometimes the golems stopped being created, and logging out and back in started the farm again; but this happened since long ago, long before the 1.5.1 update.

I haven't tested too much recently, but the farm is working, yesterday I logged in and several golems spawed.
  12. The slimetown golem farm is working better than ever. spent maybe 5 minutes looking around, and when I went up to the iron golem farm, there were about 20 golems, waiting to be ground. got about 2 stacks of iron.
  13. perhaps this is a chunk bug intefering with the way villages are constructed. thats the main link i can think of. i know its a large task but im curious to see if replacing all the doors world work.
  14. There were rumores, prior to this episode that iron farms were going to go the way of the Dodo.
    AmusedStew and melk73 like this.
  15. "The way of the Dodo", great movie title
    WHITEWOLFIX likes this.
  16. My farm seems works perfectly and even more golems are spawning. Now I get 2 stacks every 20mins (8 cells)
  17. I now have no iron golems spawning but have over 540 entities :p I think I need to cull my villager population
    WHITEWOLFIX likes this.
  18. Been there, done that.
    Silken_thread likes this.
  19. oh the slaughter...
    Silken_thread likes this.
  20. the spawn rate is now bad 1 golem per hour