[Bug Team] Iron Farm Users - Are your farms working?

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by JackBiggin, Apr 9, 2013.

1. I have complete the villager cull, my entcount is 144 and re-testing. If your having problems try loging off and back on this has been working for me.
  2. well my iron farm works but its really slow 1-2 stacks an hour nad its on utopia
  3. Can you go check your villager pods and see if the have golems stuck in them. That would explain the change.
  4. Nothing stuck in it
  5. My villagers have bred like mad, but my iron farm does not work at all (2.5 ingots per hour). Normal is, well, significantly higher than that.

I have 240 animals in the area my iron farm is in, and about 220 are villagers. I should not have more than about 40-50. This insane breeding means my witch grinder doesn't work either.

I must admit I am confused and disappointed.
  6. Mine just started working mid day to day.
    All that are having problems try doing what silken_thread said log out and back in, but right next to one of the cells. That is what I suspect made mine start working again.
  7. I will try it.
    marknaaijer likes this.
  8. Just a heads up guys, on the iron farm. After culling the villagers last night. Reducing there number to 10 or just be low per spawn room, I was still getting no golems spawning. However this morning although it was slow in starting it now working find. All I can say is keep checking and adjusting as needed. Also check you /entcount anything greater then 250 entities golems will not spawn.
  9. during this time were you logging out and on or loading and unloading the farm's chunks, or were you afk at it the whole time?
  10. When I log out the chunk gets unloaded, I can only think that sometimes for some reason the chunk is not not loading in correctly, which would explain some other glitches ppl are having with lighting etc.
  11. i have my villagers separated so they cant breed my farm seems to work better now its 4 stacks an hour now
  12. Things do seem back to normal. Thanks for the advice.
  13. I appreciate any debugging you guys can help do on this... I don't understand these farms like you guys do ._.

I've been looking over the bukkit changes but I cant see what would of caused this, as we've ruled out entity limiter already.

The idea that this could be related to the same thing as the lighting issues is interesting thought.
  14. anything in there about wooden doors by any chance? :)
  15. villagers shouldnt try to breed with the cell above (aka mass breed no matter how many doors). But they do... Somehow they can breed from further distances than before

Edit: If 2 or more villagers are in range of a 3rd villager above(but cant walk to/see him) they will breed to infinity, even if there are no doors near the 2+ villagers. The distance they should react with is far greater now than before (thats why they didnt breed previously, but now can)
  16. That would explain the mass breeding I am experiencing, I have 12 spawn rooms with supposedly max villagers of 16 in each but I am having to check and cull there numbers now, unlike before. Although the entcount has stayed around 230 ish today. I have been thinking of removing some doors to try adjust this!
  17. There's a mod I've seen that displays Village information. It requires a server component so it wouldn't work on EMC without your cooperation.

You mentioned that you had made a copy of Dwight's farm and now have one that works and one that doesn't. I've been wondering if it could show us anything useful about this problem. Possibly the world files could be copied onto a separate server so that you don't muddy the production worlds up.

A video is here with a download link in the description: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJBYlg3nLF0
  18. Do doors have any impact on spawning iron golems?
  19. no